NFL 2013

Warner is a name I am ashamed to not have thought of, and at least warrants an honorable mention. Montana and Elway are the real heads/tails there though. I don't know why you would include Young though.

@King: It means no matter how you slice it, neither one are GOAT.

I still don't understand what your point is or why you asked the question the way you did. I find it rather silly of you to sit there and be like I'D RATHER HAVE ELWAY OR MONTANA FOR SURE OVER BRADY OR MANNING. First off, there's no way you remember the Montana days, you aren't old to have watched him play in his prime. And I highly doubt you remember much of Elway's career. So what exactly are you basing this opinion on? My guess is because you're trying to be a contrarian like normal.

Any argument about the GOAT is just silly. You really can't compare what guys like Johnny Unitas and Otto Graham in the 40s-60s to what Montana and Elway did in the 80s and 90s, let alone to what Brady and Manning have done in this era.

The rules, training regiments, nutrition and culture has changed way too much. We have no idea how well these guys would have done if they switched eras.

Despite what you guys may think I actually am 100% on board with this. I just like talking shit.

DON'T YOU EVER TALK ABOUT MANNING

Its not "arguing"...im stating the facts in how these guys are looked upon or judged in the end. I dont always agree with it either.

Ha ha.

And btw its Montana and then the rest. 4-0 SB record, 11 tds 0 ints! Sure he had a nice supporting cast but his success was also against an era of NFC that was insane, Bears , Boys, Pack, Giants were all sooooo tough. Walsh and Montana also directly changed the way the game is played...unlike any before, since or may ever change it?

It doesn't matter to me really. People have been talking about Manning his entire career. It's a minor miracle he's playing and made it this far with the season he had. It's kind of like reminiscing on the glory days for me right now. It's just awesome.

:err:

Not sure I get you. They were clearly the best team in the AFC and were clear favorites over the Chargers and Pats. I would say they're exactly where most people expected them to be before the season and most certainly at the beginning of the playoffs.

I'm talking about his neck surgeries and shit. No one saw this coming.

Why? He was good to go. I even saw it coming and stated at the start of the year that he'd have a potential record breaking season. He landed in a perfect spot with great weapons, had immense O-line protection- stayed upright, the AFC was way down this year, Pats had too many key injuries. If Peyton didnt win the AFC this year...shouldve just retired immediately.;)

I'm talking about his neck surgeries and shit. No one saw this coming.

Some were skeptical but to say "no one saw this coming" is pretty hyperbolic. He was the most pursued free agent since Reggie White. Hell, he might have been the most heavily pursued free agent ever. I'm pretty sure the Broncos saw this as a possibility when they offered him 20 million a year. And I'm pretty sure the Jets, Cards, 49ers and every other team who made him an offer and threw their QBs under the bus.

j0935.jpg

First off, there's no way you remember the Montana days, you aren't old to have watched him play in his prime. And I highly doubt you remember much of Elway's career. So what exactly are you basing this opinion on? My guess is because you're trying to be a contrarian like normal.

So if you apply your own logic how can you call Peyton the GOAT?

So if you apply your own logic how can you call Peyton the GOAT?

Well, that's two different things. Unless he was implying that the specific situation he stated is his only criteria for determining the GOAT. In which case: :lol:.

Either way, I KNOW saying Peyton is the GOAT is merely my opinion. But at least I can argue it a little better than, "Down by this much this far to go with this much time left and I pick this guy so therefore he's the GOAT and since I didn't pick anyone else that means it they clearly aren't the GOAT." da fuq

Ah yea I guess fair enough.

So I hope Pete Carrol gets hit by a nyc cab before the game and his mother dies an awful death full of immeasurable suffering. oh and the Seahawks lose.

I didnt forget. Much comes with being a no1 pick and Peyton of course turned the franchise around. No matter the systems, both were the most important part of the system / franchise...they both deserve the lions share of the teams success and this also reflects on the playoff records imo. The Pats Defense basically was shit this year, Brady's go to man was Edleman. Tell me how many QBs lead this crew to the AFC title? Im thinking maybe a leader / player like Rodgers. As well as Peyton played this year, he landed in a damn good situation in Denver loaded with ofensive weapons.

but they still had some good players all inserted into the same system. its like how phil jackson rebuilt the bulls twice around pippen and jordan, then rebuilt the lakers around kobe and shaq and then rebuilt the lakers around kobe and gasol. a coach that has a winning system can simply plug new players in

Congrats Mr. Brady in winning KDs favorite scenerio / poll lol.

ESPN.com polled league wide NFL players who their choice of QB would be with two mins left drive to win it all? Brady 40%...Peyton at (26%).