NFL 2013

Based on your goofy QB logic, that's not possible. And sorry to say it, but he's probably gonna bust. QBs from big schools who are still projects after four years of starting usually don't work out. They shoulda just taken Austin themselves.

Loved the Eagles' pick of Lane Johnson. This dude is an athletic freak but also has a mean streak. I think in five years he'll be better than Fisher or Joeckel. This also allows the Eagles to move Herremans back into his natural guard postion.

Interesting that Geno Smith fell out of round one. I was totally opposed to taking him at 4, but he'd actually be good value at 34.

I don't understand your questioning of my logic, it's not possible we didn't draft him early? I'm not excited about him, I think I saw FSU play one game and wasn't impressed, but apparently Gruden is in love and we didn't get Nassib or Geno which makes me kind of happy..just think we could have gotten him in the 2nd round, especially since no other QB's got picked.

I don't understand your questioning of my logic, it's not possible we didn't draft him early? I'm not excited about him, I think I saw FSU play one game and wasn't impressed, but apparently Gruden is in love and we didn't get Nassib or Geno which makes me kind of happy..just think we could have gotten him in the 2nd round, especially since no other QB's got picked.

I'm just giving you grief for the "Flynn is more valuable than Revis" comment. If you're going to use that logic, then it would follow that Manuel is most valuable pick of the draft.

But realistically, if the Bills honestly think Manuel is a franchise QB, then they couldn't afford to get too cute and wait til the 2nd round. Jags, Eagles, Cardinals and Jets all need a QB and all draft before the Bills in the 2nd. There's no promise Manuel would have still been on the board.

I'm ok with TE Bears pick of Long

Yeah I like Long a lot. He's raw, but he's got all the necessary skills to be a very good starting LT.

Cowboys got bad value in the trade and then reached for a need. Yes, Fredrick will probably start for them and be a good player, but you can get players like that much later in the draft.

According to Jones they had him at 22 for value, so obviously they didn't see it as a reach. As far as trade comp, yeah I would have rather seen more in return but apparently it wasnt available. It appears they got who they were going to pick anyway at that point, and anything additional is gravy by definition.

He's a player with starting experience at both guard and center, and supposedly the best centrr in the draft. Dallas needed immediate help on the interior line, and with Cooper and Warmack gone it appears there was nowhere else to go.

If Fredrick was 22 on the Cowboys' board then they need to seriously upgrade their scouts. An unatheltic center is the 22nd best player in the draft? Not buying it.

If I was Dallas I would have taken Shariff Floyd at 18. Would have been a great fit for Kiffen's scheme. But to be fair, considering how far he fell there must be serious character concerns.

According to the team site he was not considered solid enough in passing situations to warrant overlooking other positions of need, iirc.

I'm just giving you grief for the "Flynn is more valuable than Revis" comment. If you're going to use that logic, then it would follow that Manuel is most valuable pick of the draft.

But realistically, if the Bills honestly think Manuel is a franchise QB, then they couldn't afford to get too cute and wait til the 2nd round. Jags, Eagles, Cardinals and Jets all need a QB and all draft before the Bills in the 2nd. There's no promise Manuel would have still been on the board.

Well the difference is Manuel more than likely wont start this year or next year, we have Tarvaris and Kolb locked up this year and Kolb for next season if Manuel is ready..so he's probably not going to impact the team this year, like Flynn will in Oakland because he is their only option behind Terrelle Pryor.

No QB's picked, and we could have been a part of the Vikings trade to get a higher first rounder and more picks..we will have to see how they draft today to feel if they were too early or not

I would be happy if Dallas spent the entire draft replacing the O-Line. They're solid everywhere else as long as the team stays healthy.

Problem is you can't count on that. Need at least one more OL, a DT, and a S. Maybe a developmental DE.

Edit: A Tight End? Really? WTF Garrett.

So far the Giants are doing what they do. "Moneyball" as Mayock says. Pugh will be decent at right tackle and will probably take over for Snee at guard in 2-3 years. Hankins is a good space eater in their deep DT rotation.

Damontre Moore aka DaMonster! Say hello NFC East QBs.

I like the Cowboys picks other than the TE. I know Written isn't getting younger, but he's only 31 and pretty much the most durable guy on the team. Drafting a backup in the 2nd round makes no sense. Drafting a WR after makes it make even less sense.

Real happy with the Eagles draft. Loved the Lane Johnson pick. I think he's really gonna be a special player. Really like Zach Ertz in the second round; he's versatile enough to create a lot of mismatches in the no huddle offense. Matt Barkley at the top of the 4th was real good value. Joe Kruger is a developmental prospect in the 7th could end up being a steal.

Unreal. Sharieff Floyd was the 7th ranked player on the Cowboys board, filled a position of need... and they still traded down for terrible value.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/04/26/the-1st-round-cowboys-off-the-board-off-the-chart-off-their-rockers/

This is also amazing:

Jerry-Jones.png

Players should be deciding who a team drafts. That's the job of scouts, GMs and coaches.

I disagree. The OL is a much bigger need than the DL for Dallas. Romo has been running for his life since 2008. He can't keep doing that. Scouts can't tell you what your team needs, they can only tell you about players available out there. Jerry is the GM and obviously hasn't been able to figure it out. Everyone knows Dallas needs a real GM. Jerry Jones has said he would have fired himself.....but he won't because he is him. Fuckin Al Davis Lite.

I agree OL is a greater need than DL, but since they're switching over to 4-3 and the Tampa-2 (or some variation thereof) Floyd would have been better value. I don't see how you justify passing on a player you deem to be top 10 at #18, especially when it's a position of need. I really think you've gotta go BPA in the draft. Reaching for needs hurts your team in the long run. That was definitely one of Andy Reid's downfalls in the 2010 and 2011 drafts.

The Cowboys used the 31st pick on Frederick, then Brian Schwenke went to Tennessee at 107. I’m not sure Frederick is even the better of the two prospects, let alone 76 picks better. Dallas needed to bulk up its line, so that was the aim here. It’s still a reach.

Im most excited by the WR. Another potential Dez on the outside, and move Miles into the slot for serious mismatches.

Both of Dallas' centers leave something to be desired from a strength perspective. Supposedly Frederick doesnt have that problem.

I was impressed by Harris last year. Miles seems to be falling off.

I wish I could steal Bruce Carter from you guys. I loved what I saw from him when he was on the field.

Giants got this kid in the 5th, Cooper Taylor (Safety) 6'5 230. I'm hoping he could step in at LB.