NFL 2013

Looks like Tim Tebow might have found a new job!

http://msn.foxsports.com/football/story/Omaha-Beef-indoor-team-offers-Tim-Tebow-a-contract-043013

The Omaha Beef have a job waiting for Tim Tebow if he wants it - and the Nebraska indoor football team will even pay him $75 a game.

A day after Tebow was cut by the New York Jets, the Beef called the office of Tebow agent Jimmy Sexton to offer a standard player contract. Beef assistant general manager Andrew Mather said Tuesday that he doesn't expect to hear back, but he thought it was worth asking.

The Beef's current quarterback, James McNear, has led the team to a 5-1 start. He's completing 70 percent of his passes and has thrown for 21 touchdowns against just two interceptions.

McNear is anything but insulted by the Beef's wooing of Tebow. McNear said, ''I think Tim can learn a lot from me.''

That last line is priceless :D

Bruce is a beast. True sideline to sideline playmaker. Run defense went to shit once he went down too. Harris is a baller. Miles was hurt and still nearly hit 1k yards. His issues are the constant hammy strain.

Harris has a ton of potential. He's played well since his first pre-season game last year. But if he's going to return punts and kick-offs, he should really consider chopping of those dreads or at least appeal to the NFL about penalizing hair pulling.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-BryanBroaddusBlog/Broaddus-Carter-Will-Thrive-In-4-3-WR-Williams-Catching-On-/9353bc90-c939-4768-9b74-dafe91bfbad8

Travis Frederick is getting a real taste what it is like to block a linebacker that is one of the best reactionary players in the league. Sean Lee is making life difficult for Frederick who as soon as he snaps the ball and takes his first step play side, he is already two steps behind Lee who is moving very well coming off the toe injury. I feel it’s a good thing for Frederick to have to deal with Lee when he is in there because if you can get your head across to block him, then you can block the majority of the Mike linebackers in the league. It’s really amazing to watch Lee when the ball is snapped because there is no wasted movement or motions to the ball. He has an unreal ability to find creases or gaps when the line starts their zone blocks and he is in the backfield for a tackle for loss. There appears no ill effects from the injury of last season.
I believe this 4-3 defense will make Bruce Carter a star in this league. It’s a perfect fit for his ability to make plays from the backside. Like Lee you see a player that once he sees what is happening to him scheme wise, he is gone to the ball. Where Carter is going to surprise people will be his ability to rush off the edge and cause problems. Where these defensive coaches are going to take advantage of Carter is rushing him with either Ware and Spencer. There have been times where Carter has been a terrible matchup for a back to have to deal with because of his size and power but also he has shown some wiggle to avoid the blocks. In clear air, Carter has really been impressive because of his high closing rate on the quarterback. He is going to be a problem for offenses off the edge on several fronts.

Yesss

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000213601/article/bill-belichick-ted-thompson-headline-nfls-top-power-brokers

I handled trades when I worked with the Dallas Cowboys, and I absolutely had to know who could say "yes" or "no" among our potential trading partners; I had to know I was talking to the right person. Perhaps nothing better illustrates that than the story of how I missed out on a chance to land John Elway.

Elway was drafted by the Baltimore Colts with the first overall pick in the 1983 NFL Draft, even though the quarterback had made it clear he didn't want to play there. So I went to Colts head coach Frank Kush, whom I knew well, and asked him who I'd need to have a conversation with about trying to deal for Elway. Kush told me that he'd be handling it, so we made our pitch to him, and he said the Colts would get back to us. The next thing we knew, Elway had been traded to the Denver Broncos.

As it turned out, Kush wasn't the man to talk to about Elway, because while we were busy trying to work something out with him, Colts owner Robert Irsay was reaching an agreement with Broncos owner Edgar Kaiser -- and the future Hall of Fame quarterback slipped out of our grasp.

karate_Kankakee_Frustration-300x225.jpg

Pats Super Bowl hopes are taking a major blow with Gronkowski constantly under the knife and Hernandez on his way to the slammer. Along with Brady, they were the foundation of that offense.

Let's be honest, they don't have a chance regardless unless they get an actual non-slot WR and a better Defense, the AFC should be Denver's for the taking

Let's be honest, they don't have a chance regardless unless they get an actual non-slot WR and a better Defense, the AFC should be Denver's for the taking

The NFL hasn't been that simple to predict since the mid-90s. Also, I don't think people realize what a massive loss Dumervil is for the Broncos.

And also the Pats signed Danny Amandola to be their slot receiver. He's injury prone, but will be productive if he stays healthy.

TEbow to TE lol. Actually may happen....Pats will put him anywhere to help the team. Pats will be fine and right there in the mix as usual.

Seriously who is going to compete with the Broncos? I'd say Bengals are the second best if they can find a way to score in the playoffs, but there's no way i'm betting pre-season that the Pats are going to stay receiving corps healthy and win, shit the Broncos should have went last year but that retarded Safety blew that pass

^ Pats, Texans, Steelers, Ravens.

Pats are worse this year, how could you argue they are in a better place to take it while Broncos have improved or at least maintained?

Steelers..lost their best receiver still a ? at RB and their defense is still aging, make the playoffs--maybe--but make a dent? Highly unlikely..Ravens won the Bowl because of Boldin, he's gone so I'd be pretty surprised if they make it past wildcard/divisional

Texans I could see, but they need some help at WR and Schaub still hasn't proven he's playoff worthy..how anyone is saying Denver isn't pre-season favorites is ridiculous

The Colts?! Didn't they lose a WR and still have no RB? Come on now..

I think the Ravens, Dolphins, Broncos, Patriots, and Texans are all going to be solid this year in the AFC. Indy and San Diego if I had to add on two more.

@RMS: Bronocos are AFC favorites, but being preseason favorites is meaningless. Were the Ravens preseason favorites last year? Giants the year before that? The NFL is just too unpredictable to say that any one team is a borderline lock to go to the Super Bowl.

What if Manning suddenly becomes old a la Farve in 2010? What if the secodary is even worse (definitely possible)? What if the front line struggles to get pressure without Dumervil? Too many unknowns.