NFL 2015

What are the amazing procedures they have in place for a guy who literally was late or missed the biggest job interviews of his life? He just cost himself millions, so I don't see him growing up overnight. I mean, you never know, but I wouldn't bet on it.

The problem is his pot use, not missing some meetings. According to him he only "missed" one because of a missed flight, and he cancelled the others. Maybe he was hoping not to be picked by whichever teams he cancelled with? His pot use is a problem because if he can't get that under control he misses games and tanks his FA value in 4-5 years, and that will cost him much more money than some missed interviews. Dez was another high risk/high reward guy and Dallas had some sort of handler process for him, and Gregory has already asked for what has been insinuated as something similar. Maybe he just needs someone to slap the doobie out of his hand with a stack of benjamins every time he is tempted. Playing wise the guy is going to have to bulk up. Between being a rookie and underweight, he isn't exactly making people forget about Hardy not being at RE.

In taking in the draft as a whole, I am probably more happy with this draft than any I can think of in a while. No headscratching picks ie picking another TE/WR high. Picks 1-2 should be starters on the defense, and all of the rest of the picks add depth where it is needed (mostly D). I know everyone else is making a big deal about "no replacement for Murray!", and although it is possible that Dallas finds some additional RB between now and Sept, I believe they are ready to run with a committee, and you can't tell me they can't get 2000 yards out of 3 backs. I'm wondering if they took seriously the tailoff in Murray's production and decided a single back can't handle that number of carries without sacrificing performance, so better to keep fresh legs for cheaper.

Still wondering when they plan to groom anyone for the post-Romo era. Kind thought they might take a flyer on Petty.

imo the jets are the clear winners this offseason factoring in trades/drafts/free agents

Their QB situation is going to kill them

Still wondering when they plan to groom anyone for the post-Romo era. Kind thought they might take a flyer on Petty.

I thought they were going to get Garrett Grayson, he seemed like a good fit. He's in good hands with Payton and Brees though

Gregory was a damn steal. I thought they reached on the corner, Eric Kendricks and Landon Collins were right there, eh we'll see

The Giants 1,2,3 picks will all be contributors this year. So I'm happy

If Cruz comes back 100%, the Oline gels and Steve Spagnuolo gets these guys to play his brand of D we have a shot

Some interesting UDFA Signings

Bears: Shane Carden, QB, East Carolina
Lions: Brandon Bridge, QB, South Alabama
Jets: Durell Eskridge, S, Syracuse/ Wes Saxton, TE, South Alabama/ Taiwan Jones, LB, Michigan State
Vikings: Anthony Harris, S, Virginia
Dolphins: Mike Hull, LB, Penn State/ Jeff Luc, LB, Cincinnati/ Zach Vigil, ILB, Utah State (this is a nice haul)
Eagles: Cole Manhart, G, Neb.-Kearney
Jaguars: Nick Marshall, QB/CB, Auburn
Packers: John Crockett, RB, North Dakota State
Chiefs: Charles Tuaau, DT, Texas A&M-Commerce
Colts: Zack Hodges, OLB, Harvard
Bills: Cam Thomas, CB, Western Kentucky
Texans: Kurtis Drummond, S, Michigan State
Rams: Louis Trinca-Pasat, DT, Iowa
Giants: Matt LaCosse, TE, Illinois
Cardinals: Zach Wagemann, OLB, Montana

before we start blowing our load to Leonard Williams, remember when Dewayne Robertson was supposed to be the next Warren Sapp and Vernon Gholston was supposed to be a human that can play football?

i do but are you factoring in the jets getting revis, cromartie, marcus gilchrist, buster skrine, zac stacey, brandon marshall, stevan ridley, plus a few other free agents. drafting devin smith. plus shaq evans and dex mcdougle getting to actually play since they both got injured in preaseason last year.

i said overall offseason

it's been a good off-season but this defense will need to be at least as good as the 2009 jets D to have a realistic shot at the playoffs. i don't think the o-line will be good enough to carry a weak qb. the entire afc east has improved so at least this year we can't pencil in 12 wins for the Patriots

it's been a good off-season but this defense will need to be at least as good as the 2009 jets D to have a realistic shot at the playoffs. i don't think the o-line will be good enough to carry a weak qb. the entire afc east has improved so at least this year we can't pencil in 12 wins for the Patriots

how are the patriots better than last year? they lost pretty much the most important players on defense

AFC east is going to be tight next season

yeah it will be tight. i think whoever the jets QB is this year is going to do a little better than people think

If I had to go out on a limb with a prediction this early in the offseason, Bills to win the East isn't a totally terrible option.

EJ should definitely get another shot.

Looking at the consensus draft big board again, it looks like the Vikings, Falcons, Browns and Jaguars had damn good drafts

Yeah Falcons stood out to me as particularly good. And don't sleep in the Vikings, that could be like 3 decent enough drafts in a row now

The Pats and Dolphins are going to be better than the Jets because they have QBs. Get over it. Have fun with the new Bills/Rex rivalry tho

i didn't ask which teams are better i asked how are the patriots better than last year? the jets will clearly be better than they were last year no matter the QB and the beat the dolphins last game of the year to help eliminate miami from the playoffs behind geno smiths perfect QB rating game and lost by a FG the other game. the jets also lost to the patriots by a total of 3 points in 2 games and the patriots defense won't be as good this year as it was last year. again my point was what have these other teams done to stay ahead of the jets this offseason?

They don't really need to do much. As long as you have Geno and Fitz you will be mediocre at best. I don't care how many receivers you pick up, they won't get them the ball in the right spots. Your D is stacked, I'll give you that but they're going to be on the field all day. Brady always gives the Pats a chance to win and Tannehill is showing significant progress