NFL 2015

So apparently Jennings was told to stay out of the endzone. That's dumber than all of the rest of the dumb stuff.

The dumb is even dumber than previously believed:

"I thought they had one timeout left and they might let us score to get the ball back," Manning said on a conference call Monday. "So I told Rashad, 'Go down at the 1-inch line and don't score.'

So what if Dallas had less timeouts? You go up 2 scores and it's pretty much impossible to come back in a minute - and then you kill the clock with a pass anyway. Herpaderp.

This weekend of NFL was like a constant fucking replay of that Three Stooges episode when they try and play football... and this second Monday nite game isn't helping the cause at all God awful wtf. To add to the torture we get f'in is that Dilfer and Boomer broadcasting the game...just horrible! Thank jeezus for my Pats, and it'll be even more and more Premiere League Soccer and NCAA for me at this rate.

Niners looked good tonight aside from special teams and a couple dumb penalties. I'm not going to get too excited yet, but if they clean that up they certainly won't be a joke this year like everyone predicted. Obviously Vikings had some major issues too which helped.

Silly, sure. Retarded is reserved for Eli and Coughlin.

208b1i1.gif

Silly, sure. Retarded is reserved for Eli and Coughlin.

208b1i1.gif

Saw a jpg version of this, pretty much lol "Bad Clock Management Eli"

ESPN's Dr. Mark Adickes said 4-6 weeks was an aggressive timeframe, and a more likely timeframe for Dez Bryant's recovery is 8-12 weeks

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/643738733699854336

yikes

Yeah I'm thinking 8 weeks. What I'm really more afraid of is Dez trying to come back too early. Still have him for half the season+post season at 8 weeks. Dallas has a big bodied pass catching round #2 pick TE getting very little work behind Witten, they need to make him earn his pay and start lining up more. Dez really just creates an issue for game planning in no one else on the team can really force opposing defenses to play the whole field/"taking the top off". Even if they put a speed guy out there, can he actually go up and make those catches?

OTOH, Romo has made some JAGs look pretty good at times, eg Miles Austin and Laurent Robinson.

Really I feel that losing Gregory at this juncture is more critical, especially given the very clear difference in pressure once he came off the field. Can't leave that secondary running around forever. However, Mo actually had a pretty good game, as did the rest of the secondary. Collinsworth's mancrush was pretty much a non factor.

Frustrating opener from Philly. So many penalties, drops, and other mental errors. I also thought Kelly should have gone for it on 4th and 1, in part because Parkey has been off all preseason (wasn't surprised at all when he missed) and in part because Atlanta's defense was burnt. A first down there pretty much ensures Atlanta is either not getting the ball back or is getting it back with very little time. On the positive side, Bradford looked really, really good in the second half; on the not so positive side the secondary still looks inadequate.

Yeah, it wasn't hard for everyone to point out that Maxwell was getting targeted by his former DC. But that could just mean the DC knows him well enough to know weaknesses. OTOH, Atlanta just provided some good tape. And Kelly prob should have gone for it on 4th down, but they did have another chance.

Bradford still looks very uncomfortable at the slightest hint of pressure, although I can't say I blame him. Really wishing Dallas had Hardy or Gregory on the field for week 2, but Atlanta's front was supposed to be a bunch of JAGs and Philly made them look alright.

Hopeful for the Falcons season. Coach Quinn seems to have improved us across the board and isn't making excuses like Mike Smith, but actually makes roster changes. We just picked up Jake Long who will probably be right tackle in the coming weeks, and dropped a couple of other from the o-line for free agents right before the season began. It takes guts to make big changes like that a week from the season opener.

Pats-Bills game was more exciting than I would have liked it to be. Hope it was just that that 20-point lead led Brady and co. into a false sense of security and they were caught off guard by the Bills rally. If the Bills made only a couple fewer mistakes they might have won it.

Yeah watched Bills Pats. Good effort by Bills. Man, last week the refs in the Dallas-Giants game couldn't get shit right, and it's starting already in Philly. Any other team, any other stadium, that's a TD.

Our D-line did nothing for how much praise they get, that was honestly surprising. Haven't ever been able to stop the Pat passing game.

Got the Eagles Boys game on though, hope it's enjoyable. I need Randle to be huge to have a shot at winning fantasy.

Dallas' offense shooting itself in the foot with penalties this week, better than turnovers. Eagles taking their cheapshots as usual. Surprised one was flagged.

Dallas defense, minus 4 starters if you count Scandrick, has so far held the Eagles to almost no yards. Hoping that continues. Pretty obvious Dallas misses Dez right now though.

Pats D- stepped up nicely, wouldn't have thought they'd be the side with 8 sacks today. Maybe more surprisingly is how the 2 rookies starting on the O-line faired against a monster Bills D- line.

Lol the Bills fans chanting all week "we want Brady"! They got him, first QB in NFL history with over 450, 55 atts, 3 tds, 0 ints