nirvana

A band which is often instantly dismissed by metal heads because they supposedly 'killed metal' (which is so ridiculous it's not even worth getting into). They are definitely overrated and not the best grunge band there was, but still released stuff worth listening to.

CAIRATH said:
A band which is often instantly dismissed by metal heads because they supposedly 'killed metal' (which is so ridiculous it's not even worth getting into). They are definitely overrated and not the best grunge band there was, but still released stuff worth listening to.

I can live with this assesment. Although grunge overall is shit and Champion are clearly the best band to have ever come out of Seattle not Nirvana.

wow i actually agree with everyone
agh! shit thread! give me arguements.

overrated as fuck just because kurt died. still, theyre not the worst band in existence or anything. but smells like teen spirit pisses me off. so sick of that song.

I believe Nirvana had more impact on MTV than they did the music world as a whole. Nirvana is a pop music phenomena in my opinion, although they did record some decent stuff, as the acoustic album mentioned. Don't have anything against them or anything, but definitely a tad overrated.

I don't have a problem with Nirvana. Very overrated, but could have been a lot worse. Still, it wasn't even like they were the best grunge band. Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam... they all SLAYED Nirvana. But I think some people are overly harsh on what was actually an alright band, just because they (quite justifiably) resent the undeserved hero worship Cobain gets these days.

IMHO.

Man lots of Nirvana haters out there.
Personally I liked them & still do.
Unplugged is still one of the disc's I play most.
He was a talented songwriter & had a pretty unique voice.

i like 1 or 2 or 3 of their songs.... alice in chains, pearl jam and soundgarden (also candlebox) were a million times better.