Non-Weebo Chill Bros Anime Thread

I actually never watched Brotherhood. I watched the original 2003 FMA, but at the time remember wondering what the point was in watching a remake so soon after the original show aired. I would have watched FMA for the first time arounsd 2007 or 2008, so Brotherhood only came out a year or so afterwards. I keep saying I should watch it, but then forget. A goal for this year I think.

Speaking of Brotherhood, I was thinking about other popular anime shows that I've never seen...

- Sailor Moon - seems like a female version of DBZ or something?
- Naruto - too long, not watching hundreds of episodes
- Bleach - I can remember not liking the animation, this was a long time ago though. Too many episodes anyway, 300+
- My Hero Academia - probably should watch this
- Attack on Titan - definitely need to watch this
- One Punch Man - short and supposed to be really good, another one I need to watch
- Hunter x Hunter - too many episodes
- One Piece - too many episodes
- Sword Art Online - I don't know much about it, I think it's supposed to be similar to .hack//sign though
- Fairy Tale - too many episodes
- Elfen Lied - had a few people recommend to me, haven't seen it yet
- Fruits Basket - I believe a lot of episodes?
- Ranma 1/2 - a classic that I should watch

@eochaid seen any of these and if so any worth getting? I won't be picking up anything with more than 50-60 episodes, but anything around there or less is possible.

Brotherhood is like the manga. So watch it because the final part is glory.

SM. I've never seen.
Naruto. I've read the manga. I watched the first part of the show but two years of fillers were just too much.

Bleach. My favourite manga. I own the 74 volumes but that's because I love the art. The first part is great. The rest, meh. The new season that just started had far better animation. You'd better watch Burn the Witch. Just three episodes well done by the same author and in the same world.

My Hero Academia. I would say that this really deserves a try. At least, first four seasons.

Attack. I started it. The animation is great. I'm not into the story.

One Punch Man. My other favourite manga. It's too much fun. First season is great. The second season has great story but poor animation.

Hunter X Hunter. Too many hiatus .

One piece. Agreed. Way too long.

SAO. I've never seen it. Not interested on the theme.

Fairy Tail. It's good if you're nine years old.

Elfen Lied. Good show.

Fruits Basket. Another theme I'm not into.

Ranma. Fucking great. I've started watching it again with my daughter. I had to stop the latest episode that we were watching because she had a laughing attack for 20 minutes. But it's 209 episodes. Still, totally worth watching it. Even if it's from time to time.

Then, I recommend Mob Psycho. The designs are shit on purpose. The story, once that you get into it is great.

Oh, shit, I didn't realise Ranma was that long :D normally the really old shows are like... barely 10 episodes, a lot of the time they are just OVAs. I doubt I'll commit to watching 200+ episodes, so I may have to scratch that one off the list. Or at least, I'll be watching it reallllly slowly.

For now I guess it's:

New Trigun
FMA Brotherhood
My Hero Academia
One Punch Man
Elfen Lied
Mob Psycho

Gives me plenty to work with for a while.

Not so bad. I can probably get through it eventually. I just realised I never actually finished Dragonball Z. Buu Saga just really doesn't do it for me at all. I do want to finish it though, so I can at least say I've seen all the episodes. Then I need to get back to GT as I only got into the first 10-15 episodes of that.

I've read it to the end and you're not missing anything.

About Ranma, if you just watch it by batches, as if it is a 23 episodes show, that might help.

Yeah, I'll probably watch Ranma in chunks.

Just found this: https://polimi365-my.sharepoint.com...1_polimi_it/Documents/Lamù e altri anime&ga=1

Some dude has a bunch of anime series in really good quality, including Ranma. Can be watched in browser too.

On the end of DBZ/GT... I know I'm not really missing anything, I just want to say I've watched it really. There are a few interesting characters I haven't seen yet (Baby, Super 17, Vegetto, Gogeta, SSJ4 Goku, etc...) so it'd be cool to see that stuff in the original Japanese at least.

Actually, looks like that dude's folder either has Italian dubs or no subtitles, so... not much good for me anyway :D can't get the subtitles up for the Ranma episodes either, and I don't want to download all of them if there's no subs. Guess I'll download one and see what happens.

Yes, I use that often... direct download is a rare opportunity nowadays though. Downloaded file did indeed have subtitles, so I guess I can just get the series from here.

I just checked and they have Ranma. Right now, it's the best place for downloading anime. Specially shows that aren't on any streaming channel.

A recommendation from recent shows is Spy x Family. It's 24 episodes, so far. It's interesting and funny and it's not very deep. A show to watch just for entertainment.

upload_2023-2-6_14-23-1.png

Not sure why YouTube thinks TCP belongs in this list :rofl: literally every other song is an AmaLee cover, then randomly TCP in the middle of it.

Reactions: eochaid
"Write a mecha anime plot synopsis based on Anders Friden of In Flames fighting to destroy rebel haters DE4life, Eochaid and A88. Anders also has a sidekick called Ciko who loves him, even though Anders treats him badly."

In a dystopian future, the world is ruled by an oppressive government that has turned a blind eye to the rampant discrimination and hatred that has spread throughout society. Anders Friden, the lead singer of the famous metal band In Flames, has had enough of the government's inaction and decides to take matters into his own hands.

Anders is joined by his loyal sidekick Ciko, a young and inexperienced but highly enthusiastic robot. Despite Anders' harsh treatment of him, Ciko remains steadfastly devoted to his hero.

Their mission is to take down three notorious rebel haters: DE4life, Eochaid, and A88. These three individuals are the leaders of a hate group that seeks to eliminate all those who do not conform to their twisted vision of society.

As Anders and Ciko begin their quest, they are met with fierce resistance from the hate group's members, who will stop at nothing to protect their leaders. The battles are intense and brutal, with Anders using his powerful mecha suit and his signature guitar to take down his foes.

But as the conflict reaches its climax, Anders begins to question whether his actions are truly making a difference. He realizes that the hate group is just a symptom of a larger problem, one that cannot be solved through violence alone.

In the end, Anders and Ciko confront the three leaders of the hate group, and a final battle ensues. But instead of defeating them, Anders offers them a chance to join him in creating a better world. To his surprise, DE4life, Eochaid, and A88 accept his offer, and the group sets out to build a new society based on acceptance and equality.

Anders and Ciko's journey has not been an easy one, but through their determination and bravery, they have managed to make a difference in the world. They continue to fight for a better future, and they know that with each victory, they are one step closer to achieving their goal.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Dude, I cannot stop laughing. You should share this in the main thread.

It also sounds like a good plot for the next IF album.

Reactions: DE4life
True bros will venture into this thread and see it for themselves :cool:

I've started watching the original FMA from 2003 again. The art design for the series is very nice. It's got a similar aesthetic to Trigun in some respects, but the character models look better.

Reactions: eochaid