North American tour with LOG, As I Lay Dying, ..

from http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=9979

COB
1.Silent Night, Bodom Night
2.Hate Me!
3.Hellhounds On My Trail
4.Living Dead Beat
5.Angels Don't Kill
6.Bodom Beach Terror
7.In Your Face
8.Blooddrunk
9.Downfall

LOG
Passing
In Your Words
Set to Fail
Walk with me in Hell
Hourglass
Something to Die For
Ruin
Dead Seeds
Blacken the Cursed Sun
Grace
Broken Hands
Laid to Rest
Contractor
Reclamation
Redneck
Black Label

MW
1.Sadistic Magician
2.The Thrashin Of The Christ
3.Headbanger Face Rip
4.(New Song)?
5.Mind Eraser
6.(New Song)?
7.Beer Pressure
8.Unleash The Bastards
9.Bangover

GF
1. Anti-hero
2. War of Attrition
3. Shallow
4. Force Fed
5. The Sea

this is from the LA show last night
seems like nobody got DD's set
dam a bummer i missed this show

So apparently there is going to be an autographed ESP guitar being given away when they are in the NYC area. It's not definite yet, it's what is supposed to happen. I'll let you know when I see the guitar for myself.

from http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=9979

COB
1.Silent Night, Bodom Night
2.Hate Me!
3.Hellhounds On My Trail
4.Living Dead Beat
5.Angels Don't Kill
6.Bodom Beach Terror
7.In Your Face
8.Blooddrunk
9.Downfall

So yeah this was the same setlist in San Jose so I can add some commentary.
Intro: the intro was a bunch of clips of people saying fuck (sounded like it was maybe from the big lebowski?) with some calm music.

1.Silent night bodom night was next and was pretty typical, awesome song, alexi played everything great.

2.Hate Me was also good and the gang vocals were especially loud, alexi fucked up the solo a bit though and one of the riffs but still not a big deal

3. there was a little break then where he talked about the show the night before and then introduced hellhounds, sound was pretty muddy and janne's keyboard sounded fucked up during the one noodly keyboard section, one of the weaker songs of the night i felt.

4. went straight into living dead beat, pretty typical, throughout the night alexi had been doing the old stage moves of the guitar spin, spitting in the air etc, the only different thing i saw was he went over to hennka and pushed him and interacted a little bit (or maybe it was during in your face)

5. angels don't kill was the same too, no real intro that i can distinctly remember.

6. he asked if anyone knew about hate crew deathroll and said they'd play something from it or something like that, i was pretty pissed because they didn't do children of decadence but did the whole song through but they pulled it off well, the tightest song of the night even though alexi's mic stand got hit and he had to adjust during the riff before the solo.

7. in your face was pretty typical too, alexi's guitar sounded pretty shitty though, way too much gain and the entire song was muddy and muffled. janne seemed to get pretty bored and just kinda walked off stage drinking a beer during either this song or hellhounds, pretty funny.

8. he introduced it as about how he hurt his shoulder and about how the song was for anyone that gets too fucked up and gets injuries and shit, that kinda thing, sounded pretty muffled too and he fucked up the solo.

9. downfall was probably the most interesting of them all surprisingly since i've seen it every show, the entire band sounded good and during the solo section at the pause before it he kinda sat there and then pretended to check his watch and run up to janne which has been done before but it was still cool.

all in all a pretty standard set except bodom beach terror in full was a little bit of a surprise. don't expect anything new because all the stage moves, stuff they say, and songs have been done before but they're done well and bodom really command the stage and put on a great show, they were definitely the best band of the night tied with Municipal Waste and dominated all the other bands, even the old schoolers Suicidal Tendencies.

from the Phoenix show

Phoenix2copy-1.jpg

Phoenix4copy-1.jpg

Phoenix5copy-1.jpg

Phoenix7copy-1.jpg

Phoenix12copy-1.jpg

Phoenix17copy-1.jpg

Phoenix18copy-1.jpg

Phoenix19copy-1.jpg

Phoenix28copy-1.jpg

Phoenix31copy-1.jpg

Phoenix13copy-1.jpg

Phoenix20copy-1.jpg

Phoenix27copy-1.jpg

Phoenixb-1.jpg

Phoenixa-1.jpg

yeah one thing i noticed at the san jose show was hennka used that white bass on all the songs in D (is it a new bass? i can't recall seeing it before but it looks cool) and then one of his old ones i think on all the songs in drop C. Alexi used his new black guitar on the ones in D and the pink sawtooth on the ones in drop C but for some reason the sawtooth sounded reallllyyy bad. it was insanely gainy and too crunchy and made his lead sound almost like nintendo.

Out of. 3/12 years of touring with Bodom, tonight was my worst show ever. And it was out of my hands.
2:48 PM Apr 4th

This was an update from K-Man on Twitter.

So if anyone at San Jose thought the sound was bad, its due to a "small but, huge tech problem"

Peace

Out of. 3/12 years of touring with Bodom, tonight was my worst show ever. And it was out of my hands.

So if anyone at San Jose thought the sound was bad, its due to a "small but, huge tech problem"

Peace

yeah one thing i noticed at the san jose show was hennka used that white bass on all the songs in D (is it a new bass? i can't recall seeing it before but it looks cool) and then one of his old ones i think on all the songs in drop C. Alexi used his new black guitar on the ones in D and the pink sawtooth on the ones in drop C but for some reason the sawtooth sounded reallllyyy bad. it was insanely gainy and too crunchy and made his lead sound almost like nintendo.

Well, I'm not too choosy about guitar tone anyway. If it sounds like a guitar to me, then I'm happy. But I thought the show sounded pretty good, actually. The thing is, the first time I saw bodom- in arizona for the unholy alliance tour- the sound was god awful. So I'm comparing to that. I never expect the sound to be as good when they're not headlining, but I still thought it was pretty good...

Also, as I mentioned on the SoB forum: if anyone listens to Darkest Hour, Kris Norris (aka Weenie, ex DH) was playing guitar for God Forbid. I was totally surprised by that. And I was also surprised that nobody from lamb of god joined bodom on stage for a song or bodom join suicidal for War Inside My Head, etc...

But overall I was very content with the entire thing. I even got free parking 'cause of some dude I met before the show. =O

Peace

no dude i think you're reading that wrong, i think that was about the LA show. If you watch the videos of it on youtube they seem lost like they can't hear shit in almost every song and at one point alexi even rips into janne for fucking up so badly and janne comes down and apologizes saying that he can't hear shit. in san jose the sound wasn't nearly as bad and they played tightly, the only problem with the sound was the guitar sound on the pink sawtooth.

no dude i think you're reading that wrong, i think that was about the LA show. If you watch the videos of it on youtube they seem lost like they can't hear shit in almost every song and at one point alexi even rips into janne for fucking up so badly and janne comes down and apologizes saying that he can't hear shit. in san jose the sound wasn't nearly as bad and they played tightly, the only problem with the sound was the guitar sound on the pink sawtooth.

too be fair I probably was wrong. I assumed it was San Jose since the update was posted on the 4th of April, but it was more likely actually late night on the 3rd in US time. I'm in the UK so it appeared to be the following day. IRL LAG!

EDIT:
Also I was talking to Kal last night and apparently they are working on fixing something that should give them a much better sound each night.