North American tour with LOG, As I Lay Dying, ..

I think the cure is he starts drinking like a human and not like a fucking mushroom. I'm just tired of hearing things like "Alexi and Randy tried to drink each other under the table every night with whiskey." There's nothing cool about it. When Alexi takes a few months totally sober and starts doing sports and makes another Follow the Reaper, then he gets my total respect, but to brag about drinking and goofing around is something everyone knows at this age how fun it is. As I said, cut the lash and breaking bones and start doing the music COB are supposed to and respect will follow.

I partly agree with you on this. However, if Alexi does become "normal" and "mature" ,he probably loses "inspiration" for creating interesting music. At least in my book, most musicians are more or less lunatics, just sayin...

I partly agree with you on this. However, if Alexi does become "normal" and "mature" ,he probably loses "inspiration" for creating interesting music. At least in my book, most musicians are more or less lunatics, just sayin...

Well I don't think it requires him to break bones to make good music. It fucking sucks to have a broken shoulder I tell you, you could kill someone to get out of it. Plus, I would rather hear songs about depression than about drinking too much.

Well, from what I was told by a major music promoter, Alexi stays because he is a professional. A lesser person would have dropped and caused a lot of money loss. Depending on where the shoulder break is, is probably causing him breathing and thus singing difficulties. Alexi is brave, but I also think he knows what it would cost to drop off a tour.

Sounds quite easy - but what if his shoulder will never have the same mobility after the tour because he had no chance to recover? Is it really worth it - money does not replace health.

I agree with Joonas - quit touring!

What causes his pain while singing? Has he crashed his ribs, too?

A broken shoulder radiates pain to the chest.

I'm thinking, was it the same shoulder that he hurt bowling.

It's staggering, Alexi tells the crowd he's in pain and they keep cheering.

another update from K-Man:

"So today was better. Git. work was good but the singing thing is still tough for him."

i went to this show in chicago...and now im afraid i might have caught swine flu...the more i think about it, the more i felt i have a sore throat, running nose, etc. The venue's so packed!probably 1500-2000 people?

I'm thinking, was it the same shoulder that he hurt bowling.

In the videos from the Kansas show, he seems to be favouring his left side, using his right hand to push his hair back, and only raising
his right arm in the middle of Downfall, and it was his left shoulder that he injured in the bowling accident in 2007

fme-laiho-1.jpg

Think u said u were going to the NY show xanina ? Gonna be interesting to hear your experiences from front and backstage regarding Alexi :)

Yeah, NYC should be very interesting indeed. I can't imagine Alexi really quiet, that's going to be weird. I'll see where I get to go, its not like backstage is a guarantee, I get lucky a lot, but I will try my best. We all want Alexi to be ok, but he really can't afford the time off. The money that COB makes is from touring, not from album sales. Yes, everyone wants a new album, but unless there are multiple tours there is no money to make new albums. Tours are what pays the bills. Just think of all the fees that a band has to pay. Regular management, tour management, video management, radio management, regular promotion management, each venue for a concert charges a floor fee, studio time, producer time, Spinefarm, whatever other labels around the world that release COB albums, the bus and driver, the crew. Everyone has to get paid and touring is the only way to fund it now. Ticket sales and merch revenue is what keeps a band in business. As much as Alexi might fear the mobility of his shoulder in continuing to play with it broken, the alternative may be worse. Trust me, I'm sure the label has its own doctor to evaluate the situation and what not. A band is an investment to a label, so the label probably checked it out themselves and are allowing him to continue. I don't think any of us truly knows what goes on in a professionally signed band and the stuff that they have to deal with. What we think is truly shitty in our lives is probably cake to Alexi right now.

i went to the Chicago show. if anyone is going to any of the rest of the Lamb of God tour dates, don't expect Alexi to come hang out XD he went right to bed after the show. which i wasn't surprised. but Janne and Roope hung out with me for a while, i saw Jaska for 2 seconds, and i didn't see Henkka at all. 0.0

Janne's keyboard is the new home of my rainbow bra XD and i wrote a cute note to Alexi and Janne that was taped to it. and Janne said it made Alexi laugh when he read it, so i was happy about that. :]

he look like he was in pain most of the time he played though. :/ i really don't think he should be playing, but if he can handle it, then fine, props to him. :]

It's staggering, Alexi tells the crowd he's in pain and they keep cheering.

I would do the same thing. At a bodom show or in any other similar situation where someone's toughing something like that out. I don't understand why everyone's so confused as to why he didn't quit the tour. This band, touring, music in general is obviously very important to the guy and the rest of the band. Anything that you care enough about you'll endure for- another great example from my own experience is as a hockey player. How often have you heard of hockey players breaking noses or fingers or anything else in the middle of a game and continue to play? I realize a broken shoulder is a bit more serious but it's the same idea. I've had players on my own team do this. And it's the same mindset. If you really care then you're going to say fuck the pain and just deal with it. I can honestly say that if I was in the same situation and I was physically able to continue playing guitar and singing, I would do it. But at the same time, it's like "what for?" if nobody appreciates it. That's why you gotta give him props. If there's ever a time he probably appreciates people going nuts and chanting "bodom," it's gotta be when he's just pushing his body's pain threshold to the max. Wouldn't you want some encouragment if you had to endure something like that?