Not many Metallica fans here huh?

Originally posted by CONCLAVE OBSCURUM
i like metallica.. a lot. I like all of their albums.

Its all about taste... I like ALL metallica albums, some people only like the older style, some others hate the at all.

All about taste

same here.

i like the 80's stuff and their s/t album, but the whole load/reload and most of their new stuff is just complete crap.

Im just tired of people saying the black album sucks because they went from heavier speed metal stuff to hard rock/heavy metal. That wasn't their sellout album. LOAD was the sellout album.

Yes and they are just a whole bunch of greedy bastards

I dont agree with some of the things theyve done over the years, but I can honestly say I'm a fan of all of their albums. Each and every one has something I like. Most have something I dislike as well, even the classics.

My favorite bands at one time were Megadeth (KIMB-RIP) and 80s Metallica... I don't really listen to either band a lot anymore, however they are responsible for my love of metal... I've never cared for post-Justice Metallica, however the first four albums were fucking killer \m/... \m/ Ride The Lightning \m/

Yeah, I loved Metallica back in the 80s, up through Justice, but they shit on their fans once the black album came out and I never forgave them. Personally, I can't even listen to the albums I once thought were good, because it just makes me mad.

I know I sound bitter, I am, but I wish they would have dropped off the face of the earth 12 years ago. I truly hate those guys.

Metallica will always be the band that brought me into the metal world and for that I am very grateful. I can't say I like any of their newer material, and the whole Napster incident REALLY bugged the hell out of me but I'll always be a fan to some extent.

I thought they were the greatest thing since sliced bread 15-20 years ago. But now all I can think of is how they sold us all out and started to produce complete greed driven plastic pap. They once said, back in the day, that "we don't get any air play, radio or MTV, and we're proud of that. we're known and supported by our fan base only and that's all that matters. We play what we like and fuck the rest"
Goddamn, that's what made them but they seemed to have forgotten that. They played heavy as hell, for the time, music and looked the part. Now they make candy assed bubble gum rock for the junior high crowd and look like a bunch of morons.
I find it very difficult to even listen to their old material because their current image of trendy pussies keeps invading my mind and ruins it for me. :puke:

i dont understand how people don't listen to metallica because of their image, the napster thing, and other bullshit.
Metallica should only be judged on their music, just like all bands, and if you don't like the music thats fine.
But saying you don't listen to them because their greedy bastards(Napster) is fucking dumb.
Thats like saying "I listen to Britney cause shes hot."
JUDGE ONLY ON MUSIC!

I think it's mostly because we like metal and they don't make metal anymore. Sure, when we're feeling nostalgic, we'll throw in master of puppets.

Hmmm... or maybe Metallica just evolved and started making different music they WANT to make now instead of releasing the same crap over and over to please their screaming fans... but who knows.

Their music hasn't evolved.

If anything, it de-volved.

But why?

Who knows. Thats their prerogative.

They used to play metal, hense, 'Metal'lica. They don't play metal anymore.

But why?

In my opinion, being the fans, it's our prerogative to pass judgement on the bands we're supposedly fanatical about. We pay them.

So, they stink.

But, you gotta ask why they changed in the way they did. Maybe they lost "it". Or maybe they grew up. Or MAYBE... they chose a more lucrative route. You gotta admit, oneway to make more money in the music industry is to sell out...

Originally posted by metalheadtimmy
i dont understand how people don't listen to metallica because of their image, the napster thing, and other bullshit.
Metallica should only be judged on their music, just like all bands, and if you don't like the music thats fine.
But saying you don't listen to them because their greedy bastards(Napster) is fucking dumb.
Thats like saying "I listen to Britney cause shes hot."
JUDGE ONLY ON MUSIC!

I think your analogy is flawed. One is a judgment based on something superficial. The other is judgment based on actions, which is valid in my opinion.

Anyways, I don't judge only on the music. I think that's a very simplistic view. Integrity plays some part, amongst other things.