NR: Now Reading Thread:)

Undead

New Metal Member
Sep 16, 2002
Bulgaria
www.zonebg.com
Hello, does anyone want to tell me what kinda books & authors you prefer to read?

Things I prefer:
-fantasy books
-sci-fi

Authors I would rocommend:
Tolkien
Robin Hob
Stephen King
Peter Straub
Alan Cole & Chris Bunch

:)

Apart from Tolkien (LOTR and Hobbit - can't stand Silmarillion) I can definitely name one author that always comes to my mind with questions like that (and who hasn't been mentioned so far):

Bill Bryson.
Not very "metal" maybe.......but I still enjoy reading his books.
He mostly writes travel literature. Anyway, first book I read was "neither here nor there", a story about him travelling through Europe (he's American).
Great sense of humour, often sarcastic which I like a lot.
Other books include "notes from a small island" (about Britain), three books about the US (one of which is called "I'm a stranger here myself" in which he describes how he got settled in the US again after having lived in the UK for years) and one simply called "down under" (about Australia - who would have guessed that? :D )

He also wrote a couple of books about the English language.

I got another question here?
Why does everybody think that Sephen King writes only horror stories?That's not quite true - he has also a bunch of good thrillers and fantasy stories!
Besides, his style of writing is so interesting that you can't put the book down until there's no page left to read(including the cover and the back)!:D

I know he does not only write horror stories - but I never found his style of writing appealing in any way. So I simply don't care for his work *shrugs*

I love reading (auto)/biographies of bands/musicians...but then being a literature major I've read thousands of novels beginning from the 16th century up to the postmodern era. Oh well.

NR: Lord Of The Rings - 2nd book, Two Towers

Unbelievable that it took me so long to finally get to read that trilogy!! It's the BEST I've ever read!!!! I love the topics since I love fantasy and they way Tolkien writes is just brilliant!! I only read when I go to bed, and often I'm too tired, but when I do it's hard to put it away again!!! Exciting :)

PS This thread could also be used for an interesting article or interview you've just been reading, for example...... right?

:lol: OMG.........I must have been cursed or smth! :eek:
I'm seeing this thread whereever I go :D

Hope you all don't get bored but I'm currently reading a book about Sweden...... :)