NR: Now Reading Thread:)

"I love reading (auto)/biographies of bands/musicians..." By Mezarkabul

Well, would you be so kind to tell me which band/musicians' biographies you have read?

NR: "JGTHM. Juhr gait tu Hewi Mettäl. Heavy Metal: Bands, Fakten, Hintergründe. Eine ernsthafte Satire." by Till Burgwächter.

It's a satire upon Metal, luckily written by a Metal fan. Just got it yesterday and I already started reading. Entertaining :D

Everyone said it was good? I heard different opinions about it. It was sort of interesting.......but I haven't too much of an insight in the scene at the time to judge what's written about it. The style of the writing isn't very good though, that's for sure. Certainly not a must read. Half of the book doesn't deal with the music anyway.

huh.......been some time I posted about the books I read........doesn't make much sense to name them all, right?
So some recent stuff.......... last week while I was in Sweden I finished two books, Max Goldt's "Der Krapfen auf dem Sims" and Simon Winchester's "Der Mann, der die Wörter liebte" (about how the Oxford English Dictionary came into being).

I just started reading Nick Hornby's "About a boy", I wanted to read something in English which isn't too heavy topic. Good choice this has been. I already like it much more than "High Fidelity" which I was disappointed of.

And when I was in Göteborg I bought myself "Alla vi barn i Bullerbyn" :D I already managed to read the first two chapters but it's too tiring at the early stage of learning the language I am at because I still have way too many words to look up. I'll leave it in the shelf for a while until I improved (which I will hopefully do...)

I just waded through Holy Fools -Joanne Harris and Once -James Herbert. I thoroughly enjoyed both. Yes, you're right, "Alla vi Barn i Bullerbyn" can be a really demanding piece of litterature if you don't speak/read swedish fluently. :)

Urban breed said:
Yes, you're right, "Alla vi Barn i Bullerbyn" can be a really demanding piece of litterature if you don't speak/read swedish fluently. :)
I'm actually not sure whether you are being serious or making fun of me :guh:

NR: yet another Mankell novel