O.K I Changed my mine Opeth is good

I don't understand why everyone has turned against Demiurge. I have no problems understanding what he means by saying that Opeth are good musicians, but bad composers. I mean, the music itself is what matters, not the playing skills of the composers. Fair enough, Demiurge is controversial, but then again, what he says is his opinion, respect that.

henrikmain said:
I don't understand why everyone has turned against Demiurge. I have no problems understanding what he means by saying that Opeth are good musicians, but bad composers. I mean, the music itself is what matters, not the playing skills of the composers. Fair enough, Demiurge is controversial, but then again, what he says is his opinion, respect that.

the point is, demiurge won't accept it as opinion. he thinks he's the greatest thing since corpsepaint, and so if he thinks a band sucks, then by golly, they suck, no matter what anybody else thinks. if he had merely said that he didn't like opeth, it would be one thing; i can respect other people's opinions. but demi's pretentious presumptions irritate me.

that's it, he writes this long essay about why Opeth must suck, as if his opinion had a universal validity. if you dont agree, you don't get what he's saying.

i was saying that you suck, but not trying too much of a dick about it, you know, common decency, but you didn't get it, so I told you what it was from, and failed to recognize the fact that I ......... :D

saturnix said:
ah, i see how it is. if i listened to them, i'd like them, so because i don't like them, i haven't listened to them.

demiurge, you've obviously never listened to an opeth album.

:Smug:

After this post I'm going to let this discussion die, it's carried on far enough.

You didn't say why those bands suck, it's also unlikely that a person posting on a metal board would dislike all of those bands. Furthermore, you don't strike me as a person inclined to hunt down "United Aryan Evil" or "Blut und Krieg", just come clean and admit that you've not heard the bands.

Neurotic, Stutthof, Seigneur Voland, and perhaps Abyssic Hate are not terribly innovative. The others are.

Takinthemusicback is really stupid.

Demiurge said:
You didn't say why those bands suck, it's also unlikely that a person posting on a metal board would dislike all of those bands. Furthermore, you don't strike me as a person inclined to hunt down "United Aryan Evil" or "Blut und Krieg", just come clean and admit that you've not heard the bands.

well, i'm posting on a metal board, and i happen to dislike all of those bands. so much for likelihood....

and what if i had explicated my opinion of those bands? what if i had nitpicked the boring song structures, the pisspoor production, the terribles choice of guitar tones, the cheesy themes/lyrics, the miserable affiliations, the monotony. what then? would you then say "hey! you're right! these bands are no good!" or would you simply deny that such problems exist simply because you happen to like these bands? obviously, you'd choose the latter option, and hence, we come full circle.

your arrogance is completely baseless, and it's a good thing you've decided so magnanimously to cease posting, becaue i can't even imagine what you could possibly have to say.

saturnix said:
well, i'm posting on a metal board, and i happen to dislike all of those bands. so much for likelihood....

and what if i had explicated my opinion of those bands? what if i had nitpicked the boring song structures, the pisspoor production, the terribles choice of guitar tones, the cheesy themes/lyrics, the miserable affiliations, the monotony. what then? would you then say "hey! you're right! these bands are no good!" or would you simply deny that such problems exist simply because you happen to like these bands? obviously, you'd choose the latter option, and hence, we come full circle.

your arrogance is completely baseless, and it's a good thing you've decided so magnanimously to cease posting, becaue i can't even imagine what you could possibly have to say.

Fullmoon is similar to another band. If you've head them you'll know which. Bah, no need to respond, I'm certain you haven't heard them(or many of the others), no reason to continue the charade.