O/T Picks And Predictions For The Upcoming NFL Season

dailyvault said:
This was the toughest week to pick in my office pool - I mean, 2-0 teams against 2-0 teams, shit teams playing shit teams. I haven't looked at my co-workers' picks yet, but something tells me this is the week that it all breaks wide open for someone. (I'm fourth from last in the pool overall, so I'm already in mid-season form.)

Last Week I lost the pool By 2 Games

I was So Pissed

Last Weeks Results

TacoBellJunkie 9-5
Astrocreeper 9-5
Remington69 9-5
T Man357 8-6
Fah-q 8-6
Riehlthing 8-6
Molochete 8-6

The Madden curse cannot be stopped.

Although I don't think anything that bad ever happend to John when he was on the cover every year.

The Ravens are impressing the hell out of me!! They're looking like a legitimate contender right now!!! I can't believe the oddsmaker has them getting +3 at home Sunday against The Chargers.....Take the 3!! Money in the bank!!

My Pats aren't in too bad a shape!! The faster Brady develops a trust in Gabriel the better...I think they'll beat Cincy on Sunday..Belichick usually cooks up something crazy defensively for teams like that..

TacoBellJunkie said:
The Madden curse cannot be stopped.

Although I don't think anything that bad ever happend to John when he was on the cover every year.

He's the one who enacted the curse. After finding out that he wouldn't be featured on the cover anymore, he made a sacrifice of a six-legged turkey to the football gods and cursed whomever would succeed him on the cover.

T_man357 said:
The Ravens are impressing the hell out of me!! They're looking like a legitimate contender right now!!! I can't believe the oddsmaker has them getting +3 at home Sunday against The Chargers.....Take the 3!! Money in the bank!!
I bet the line moves before the weekend. even if just slightly.

T_man357 said:
You'd think it has too!! No way should The Ravens be getting points from The Chargers in Baltimore..

I have to agree. The line will definitely change. I'm hoping for a win, but I think that the Ravens defense will bring my man Philip Rivers back down to Earth. At least for one week haha...........

T.O. apparently tried to commit suicide yesterday....

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa060927_wz_owens.1fd220c5.html

Police report: Terrell Owens attempted suicide

09:31 AM CDT on Wednesday, September 27, 2006

By REBECCA LOPEZ / WFAA-TV

File / AP
Terrell Owens broke his right hand in the Sept. 17 game against the Redskins. Also Online

News 8 Special Report

NEWS 8 EXCLUSIVE

According to a Dallas police report obtained by News 8, Dallas Cowboys star receiver Terrell Owens attempted suicide Tuesday night.

The report says Owens, 32, was depressed and reportedly took prescription pain pills. Owens broke his right hand in a Sept. 17 game against the Washington Redskins.

A woman told police she observed Owens putting two pills in his mouth.

According to the police narrative, the woman said the prescription of 40 pills was filled on September 18 and—until Tuesday—Owens had taken only five pills.

The police report said Owens was asked if he had taken the rest of the prescription; Owens said, "Yes."

According to the report, police also asked if he was trying to harm himself. Owens answered, "Yes."

Owens was treated at Baylor University Medical Center.

"This is stunning news; obviously and incredibly surprising that a man in this position would reach this level of depression," said WFAA-TV sports director Dale Hansen. "There's something terribly wrong here, and hopefully we'll find out as the day goes on."

Hansen said a source at the Cowboys' Valley Ranch headquarters told him that doors to all offices were closed.

A Dallas Cowboys spokesman told News 8 the team has no comment on the police report, nor is any news conference scheduled.

The player's publicist didn't immediately return calls for comment.

Owens, one of the league's top receivers during his 11-year NFL career, is best known for wild stunts on the field and other publicity-seeking antics off it.

When the Cowboys signed him to a $25 million, three-year deal in March, they said their background checks indicated no red flags. In fact, team consultant Calvin Hill—who mostly deals with troubled players—said during training camp that his department was not involved with Owens because he didn't have a history of those kinds of problems.

Dallas police officials said they were planning a news conference later Monday, but did not immediately release a time. A hospital spokeswoman said early Wednesday there was no patient registered as Terrell Owens, although federal privacy laws allow people to block their name from being released.

T_man357 said:
Saw this late last night....Way too funny for words!!! He should've just opened a vein!! What A Loser!!!

Apparently, it wasn't a suicide attempt after all. He's was released from Baylor Hospital around 11:30 this morning. He's going to have a press conference around 2:15 CST at Valley Ranch.

And for what it's worth, I don't think it's funny at all.

of course he's going to say that, he's too much of a tough guy to admit he's got problems.

having dealt with 3 suicides over the last 4 years (a very close freind, a co-worker/freind and a grandfather) i don't consider anybody who want's to kill themselves "losers". it takes a deep dark feeling to kill someone espec. when that someone is yourself. having said that, i'm not a t.o. fan and don't know the circumstances of his supposed overdose on pain pills.
he obviously has problems and should stop trying to be a football hero and start dealing with what's going on in his life.