Obama kills fly during cnbc interview :)

And even if they are self-aware, we're still the only sentient beings on earth, meaning we think about our actions and reflect upon them, rather than operating solely on instinct or cause/effect relationships

Yeah :headbang: Then let´s meet and eat some bloody steaks in a good steak house! My New York visit will be like a rush! Things will probably run very spontaneously and crazy :lol:

Yeah man, I'm totally cool with that! PM me the info. of where you will be staying and we can work something out. Plenty of stuff to do in NYC!

-Joe

I used the wrong term. I meant self-aware. Some dolphins, some apes and
some elephants are, the rest is not. That is like 99.9%, if you want to be picky you prick :heh:

Hehe good, because you said we were the only ones and that just isn't true :)

Elephants can paint and crap, how cool is that? I bet they can paint better than many on this forum haha. Yea dolphins are kinda high-tech as well, and some apes too. Apes at the theme park I work at think into the future and stockpile rocks to throw at visiters later during the day, true story. Those bastards!

I have never liked it when people think humans are so special, and those people often think every other species is there just for our convenience. Cows are there just so we can eat them, and even the fucking bacterias are there just so we can get a proper digestion going on in our guts! Yea, sounds like God may be behind all that after all then. Pfft.

And even if they are self-aware, we're still the only sentient beings on earth

No, "sentient" means "self-aware". Neither term implies anything which the other does not.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sentient

meaning we think about our actions and reflect upon them, rather than operating solely on instinct or cause/effect relationships

That is called being "intelliegent".

I saw a documentary ages ago in which a jumping spider appeared to employ problem solving ability, thereby demonstrating intelligence.

Changes in body-chemistry (i.e. neurotransmitters) cause changes in consciousness, and changes in consciousness cause changes in body-chemistry. Any assertion that consciousness therefore arises from body-chemistry is is an assumption. It's akin to reasoning that the voices coming from your radio go away when you remove the antenna, therefore the voices must originate in the antenna.

Nobody actually knows what consciousness is. So it's a bit difficult to prove that anything is or isn't conscious.

Most of the scientific evidence stacks up against free will anyway, in that the conscious experience of "decision-making" arises in neural activity which is chemically determined, and therefore not amenable to change. You believe you're making a choice, but in fact you're just spectating.

So my position is we can't truly hold Obama (or anybody) morally culpable for fly-killing or indeed any action.

And besides things die all the time, there's no use in getting sentimental about it.

I'll also observe that most people are quick to criticise the killing of an animal as part of a ceremony of ritual magick, but not if the animal is killed to be eaten.

In the case of ritual sacrifice it is (where prescribed) normally considered necessary for the effectiveness of the operation, whereas the existance of vegetarians proves that killing animals is not necessary for eating purposes.

A degree of prejudice seems evident there also.

fly's help digest stuff, so i guess they have some purpose.

but mosquitoes and skunks. i don't think it's necessary to share a planet with them.

i fucking hate skunks. they just spray their nasty sauce all over everything.

Lions need to kill animals to survive.

Humans need to kill animals to survive.

Had nothing to do with the animal endangering your life. Don't know where that came from. Nor the second paragraph. Don't believed I mentioned the fly.

So :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Back at you.

Sorry, can't resist:
THIS IS NOT TRUE! You don't NEED meat (or anything that comes from another living creature) to survive - the lion does!

Don't want to start a fucked up hippie-discussion here, so - just take it as a comment and just go on with the funny part of this thread. Even me as a vegan had to smile a bit - not because Obama killed the fly but because of the reaction of the interviewer :D

EDIT: Oh fuck, I just realised I'm really late with that comment. Ah, fuck it. Ignore it! Don't wanna start anything here :D

I think there is a difference between a fly and a dolphin.... btw.

And the fly was trespassing on private property. And it was not in any house, it was in the White house, if I understood correctly. And it was bugging someone and not just anyone, it was bugging the president of the US of A. And he's Yoda.

That fly had it coming.

I think there is a difference between a fly and a dolphin.... btw.

And the fly was trespassing on private property. And it was not in any house, it was in the White house, if I understood correctly. And it was bugging someone and not just anyone, it was bugging the president of the US of A. And he's Yoda.

That fly had it coming.

Hahahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: This thread becomes better and better!

I would like to know, what exactly happens in the brain of a mayfly. What is the purpose? Dying? What would happen to the planet, if all flies would die? Would this influence the balance of life in the world?

Even me as a vegan had to smile a bit - not because Obama killed the fly but because of the reaction of the interviewer

:D

And don't forget the place in alphabet city: http://www.zumschneider.com/

Went there for my birthday once. It rocks! Owned by some Bavarian dude.

-Joe

Is there sausage salad on the card? Or Crust roast? I die for Bavarian food! I´d love to visit it (and we will), but I also will enjoy the culinary delights of your country :) Hot dogs, Burgers, Steaks, 5 dollar Milkshakes and American Whiskey.

Is there sausage salad on the card? Or Crust roast? I die for Bavarian food! I´d love to visit it (and we will), but I also will enjoy the culinary delights of your country :) Hot dogs, Burgers, Steaks, 5 dollar Milkshakes and American Whiskey.

Haha, not sure about those bro, but we can find out.

American food can be good, but ya gotta know where to go. Me and Marcus have this covered. Be careful though, you might end up like the majority of fat Americans...haha.

Burgers we got covered...I make a mean burger too. :)

American whiskey is cool, but I prefer the Irish stuff! Bushmills FTW!

-Joe

Haha, not sure about those bro, but we can find out.

American food can be good, but ya gotta know where to go. Me and Marcus have this covered. Be careful though, you might end up like the majority of fat Americans...haha.

Burgers we got covered...I make a mean burger too. :)

American whiskey is cool, but I prefer the Irish stuff! Bushmills FTW!

-Joe

Be careful though, you might end up like the majority of fat Americans...haha.

Hahaha :lol: No problem, dude..I´m already fat. So one of my goals is to become even more fat, when I visit the states :kickass: I also need a good place for breakfast, we´ll not eat in the Hotel. American breakfast is famous for its nutrimental menus. Can´t wait :D

Hahaha :lol: No problem, dude..I´m already fat. So one of my goals is to become even more fat, when I visit the states :kickass: I also need a good place for breakfast, we´ll not eat in the Hotel. American breakfast is famous for its nutrimental menus. Can´t wait :D

Nutrimental?? Huh?

Yeah, most hotel breakfasts, depending on the hotel, are usually crappy.

-Joe