Odinic Metal Is For Vikings Only?

haha, i love your drunken posts, patric

TB666 - That's exactly what I meant to say. I wasn't implying that only Asatruar can wear a hammer. Wear it for whatever reason it makes you feel strong and proud, but don't wear it because it's meant to denote some sort of fucking racist ideology, because it was never meant as such. It's art work for some, religious symbol for some, and for some, it's a reminder to stay true to the self. For me it's all of the above, but I am not a racist, and therefore it pisses me off that I can't wear it now without getting comments about being a nazi or a witch. Whatever, their loss, not mine!

TB666 said:
Just because people are asshole ,you shouldn't stop wear these beutiful symbols.

Hey what I meant was that alot of people are misinformed BECAUSE of the nazi and thinks ,because of them that, its a racist symbol and as far as i know it doesnt make them assholes.If u need to blame someone blame the nazis. I do not have a religion but i often thought about it to fill the "void" ,now i dont know if Asatru is for me but i could find out.Im having problem with most relegions because im not a very spiritual person.Im also having trouble with the concept of having multiple religion and amongs these a few of them says that all the other one are basicly not true. What the hell is that? Christianity(and all its variant) is either a big pile of shit+extreme genius or THE faith.Im leaning towards the pile of shit for a few different reason,one simple one is,why amongst ALL THESE different religion would christianny be THE real one? Because thats what they are implying by saying there is no other god and that if you do pratice another religion then you sin...etc...

Last but not least im gonna get Mjolnirr because i like it, lol End of the line!And ill be more then glad to explain to the first guy that comes to me in ignorance and shed light on is poor knownledge.

M. said:
haha, i love your drunken posts, patric
HA I FUCKED A GIRLK YUE yestersay she smelledf but sol hj whazt<+++ i am nb beyond life and doip up yo! i wkl get kicked out og schoool i am tooooooooooooooooo drun now hey you biatch is rghat the right spellong i just wanna get bacj to g denmarjk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Patric said:
HA I FUCKED A GIRLK YUE yestersay she smelledf but sol hj whazt<+++ i am nb beyond life and doip up yo! i wkl get kicked out og schoool i am tooooooooooooooooo drun now hey you biatch is rghat the right spellong i just wanna get bacj to g denmarjk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Oh cool dude (What is he saying???)

Seriously i wanted to know if there is anykind of "mariage" in Asatru or whatever they might call it!? If so, how would they deal between crossover couples? Like an Asatru wanting to be with a christian girl?

Pyaemia said:
Hey what I meant was that alot of people are misinformed BECAUSE of the nazi and thinks ,because of them that, its a racist symbol and as far as i know it doesnt make them assholes.If u need to blame someone blame the nazis.
Yeah, I know what you're talking about. The problem is ppl dont think about anything else but nazis and this is where the problem. And the fact that ppl are stuck to their ignorance only increases the problem.

Beorn of MythOdeviL said:
And the fact that ppl are stuck to their ignorance only increases the problem.

Damn straight! Also want to correct something when is said the nazi polluted the culture,etc... i should have said the nazi ARE pollutING because they are stilll doing it today. Poor them misleaded and now they run a life of lies and hate. Someone told me once:"No pity for the ignorant!"

Yes, there is a "marriage ceremony". We call it handfasting, though. Although, having said that, I have a tendency to think that back in the day, people didn't get married for religious reasons, like Christians do, but rather for practical ones (land accuisition, the benefits of two people working a farm and so on).

As far as being spiritual, I am the least spiritual person I know, which is one of the many reasons I feel at home with Northern Tradition. You don't have to be spiritual, just have to be an individual, be strong, be proud and choose to be you. It is not requested of us that we bow our head s in submission to Oden. Like I said in 1000 years of opression, I wa not meant to bed like a reed.

Belgar said:
On a side note and since burning_creation mentioned it, I think it is very funny to see americans say i am english-german, french .... i thought americans were just americans.
Kind of an oxymoron when many people in the US tend to critizise Europe but take pride in pointing out their European ties. As far as I am concerned if you are born in the US, you are american and not anything else. Well I had to say it because I have almost never heard any of my euro friends make reference to them having roots in 5 different countires. I personnaly take a lot of pride in my Belgian origins and feel a strong European unity almost everywhere I go in Europe (metal festivals being the prime example followed closely by euro-football games). Still longing for the ancient kingdom, mother Europe. I had to say it, just my opinion but yeah you don't have to be scandinavian to enjoy Norse mythology or any mythologu for that matter.
I am 6'4" 270 lbs with blonde hair blue eyes and the most French last name ever, many Americans do not say they are American because there is really no American heritage, if you think about it, we are the bastards of the world, mutts. I myself am ashamed to be an American, I was before 9/11 and I still am, this no culture, non-thinking, consumer society over here is really superficial and weak, and I abhor it.

I am thinking about taking my old family's last name back, Switzer is a damned good name, certainly better than Desrosiers, eh? Oh, who cares.

AjDeath said:
I am 6'4" 270 lbs with blonde hair blue eyes and the most French last name ever, many Americans do not say they are American because there is really no American heritage, if you think about it, we are the bastards of the world, mutts. I myself am ashamed to be an American, I was before 9/11 and I still am, this no culture, non-thinking, consumer society over here is really superficial and weak, and I abhor it.

I am thinking about taking my old family's last name back, Switzer is a damned good name, certainly better than Desrosiers, eh? Oh, who cares.

Hehe im french canadian but do not have a french family name... What you said about American is in part true for Canada in my opinion.Because we dont have an origin. Im not ashamed to be a canadian,to speak french or to have a french background and quite frankly i dont care what people think.Even if canada is a bastard country (if you will..) i dont think its a superficiel and weak country. Both canada and america are made up from the east (like i said in another post),we dont truly have an origin IN these countries per say.Only american indians do.

Yeah, but by having a French surname, you must have a family history from there, ne ce pas? So, our countries don't have histories that go all the way back to the stone age (unless you are native of course) - that doesn't mean your family doesn't. I think the thing that makes Canada great is that it is a mix of cultures and backgrounds. That way everyone fits in and nobody is a misfit.

Tyra said:
Yeah, but by having a French surname, you must have a family history from there, ne ce pas? So, our countries don't have histories that go all the way back to the stone age (unless you are native of course) - that doesn't mean your family doesn't. I think the thing that makes Canada great is that it is a mix of cultures and backgrounds. That way everyone fits in and nobody is a misfit.

Oh yeah i agree and yes i do have a french background,thru out all those years i get to be a mix of native american + french + german LOL.So that means some of my older family lived here from the very beginning.Anyway,and i didnt mean to "bash" canada. Im just not sure what it means to be canadian...

when i became odinist when i was 17.....i had no idea of the moronic racist bands.......and thats how i am now i ignore it it really has nothing to do with asatru or odinism etc.......... just learn and enjoy, racists just stur up shit there no more important than that.

the way i see it anyone can do anything they want within reason and if some fucked up right-wing bastard wants to stop you then bite his fucking head off!!Also i dont know how many of you will have heard of jaco pastorius(greatest jazz bassist ever imo), he was a total knob!!! he was arrogant and drugged up 24-7!just because you like the musci doesnt mean you have to like the person.

also, aren't you being a nazist if you hate nazis just for being nazis?

bass is good said:
also, aren't you being a nazist if you hate nazis just for being nazis?

No because nazi hate someone because of something they didnt choose and cant really change in most case... example; Being black. You think the guy chose that? Think he can change it? No stupid answer plz... And he shouldnt have to change it either! Now hating someone for something he chose and as total control over is a TOOOOOTTTALLLLLLLLLLLYY different story! Isnt that obvious? You become a nazi,you are born with a certain colorskin. Not the other way around. You also have to take into consideration that those who dont like the nazi (like me) dont necesarly HATE them.I think there mentally is ridiculous and that there a bunch of idiot basicly.Also,the hostility towards the nazi came because of what THEY created so we are basicly hating the haters that start all this Bullshit.

Very interesting posts!! I had some doubts about AA and thanks to you they've gone. My father is from India and Hindu and I know all about the stealing of the swastika... By the way, it's red and in the other way in India, and you see it on temples and gods.
I liked the Edda and the stories about Odin, Thor, Baldur and co. My favourite is that one where Thor has to dress like a bride in order to get his hammer back. This one and the one of Baldur's death used to be played as a theatre in our school, the "Steiner school".

Yeah, I've got a family member that was a principle at the Steiner school and most of my cousins went there.