Odinic Metal Is For Vikings Only?

Pyaemia said:
Being black. You think the guy chose that? Think he can change it?
ask michael jackson! :D

all in all you might have some point but in general the attitude of most "anti-fascist" dorks is no more simplistic and retarded than that of "nazi hooligans"!
their most disgusting and ingnorant trait is to brand everything "nazi" that isn't hysterically leftist and ant-racist! this reaches dimensions of thought-controll and fascism as well!

i for myself have a rather right-winged view on many things! on the other hand some views of mine are rather left. all in all i think for myself and don't care about politically correct views!

@metal devi: stealing the swastika? i hope you mean the nazis, because european people stole the swastika in no way from indians. the reasons indians have is because they spring from the same indo-european roos as the europeans. the high castes of indians that is, who are said to look quite european even today!

bass is good said:
the way i see it anyone can do anything they want within reason and if some fucked up right-wing bastard wants to stop you then bite his fucking head off!!Also i dont know how many of you will have heard of jaco pastorius(greatest jazz bassist ever imo), he was a total knob!!! he was arrogant and drugged up 24-7!just because you like the musci doesnt mean you have to like the person.

also, aren't you being a nazist if you hate nazis just for being nazis?

1. I dont hate nazis form being nazis but becuz they are being racist.
2. I might just bight their heads off for real.... :)

metal devi said:
.......... My father is from India and Hindu and I know all about the stealing of the swastika... By the way, it's red and in the other way in India, and you see it on temples and gods.
Speaking of swastikas and hindus. My fiance is hindu of Indian descent and we're getting married next year. ......so anyway! I was looking at some of the wedding invitation cards/envelpes that we're going to use and some of them had swastikas all over them. I wonder if I take chances by sending those via mail, will they get to where they need to go?

I'll probably send one to Belgar to get that solid redneck in trouble with law, hehe. But shit if he gets one then he'll show up, damn.

"I was gonna fuck you in the ass Saturday! I fuck you in the ass on Wednesday instead!"

nayrvulf said:
[is it bad to hate? if so cancel out Odin as your god. everyone knows Allfather will have you crush your enemies with extreme predjiduce. so who is your enemy as a northman or as one of the faith? the viking blood encompasses swede, dane, north german, norse, scandinavian ,north irish,]russian ect. northmen have been known to not only attack but to later join byzantine empire and were held in high esteem by such.muslem arab scholars, geographers, and historians record much of nordic history. so did our ancestors torture they're muslem guests as they recorded they're history? did they force them to convert to Odinism by pain? obviously not since the arabs did it for hundreds of years. a norseman knows his religion, and cares not of the other religions of the world as long as they don't betray his and the freedom of his people. that's not to say we didn't rouse the arabs for they're strange color and even srtanger religion, but it was only done in good humor. we have attacked and killed many of all races and religions, as well as each other. the one thing you don't hear alot about is northmen converting any blasphemer to they're religion. a trait that belongs grossly to christians. so herein lies your enemy, the desert god's son and his suppressors of nordic freedom. they have stolen our way and the way of many others, even merged our faith into theyr'e books( stole tales from the Eddas and Sagas), i say it's time to hate and whenever possible cut they're fucken heads off!
"no thor won't spare a single soul or let them get away alive!"
Yes.. and when you say things like "we didn´t rouse the arabs".. does that mean YOU were THERE some fifteen hundred years ago? Hmmm, enjoy your immortality dear chap ;)

Christianity didn't steal the stories from the Eddas any more than the Norse chaps stole their stories from others!!!
It's not even a question of theft! It would do you a world of good to take a couple of classes in Folkloristics ;)
To try to sum some of it up though, it´s more a question of evolution than theft.

Tyra said:
I don't suppose they realize that the history of this religion started in India, and that the Arian race they hold in such high regard descends straight from India.
hmmm.. now that´s a dangerous thing to maintain without further proof. And seeing as there has never been any substantial proof on that (that i know of anyway), i think i have to mention that it´s not like it STARTED in India.
But i know what you are speaking of though, there are immense similarities, and i personally believe that Norse myths are in part derived from India and Asia.. but.. it doesn´t really matter too much, it´s always the story itself that matters, now how it came to be :)

Tyra said:
Incidentally, most of the old gods had their own cult, except for Loki.
Really?? Oh, that's very interesting! Do you have any info on that, or any source material that i could read up on?

i heard somewhere that the finnish language is closest to hindu than any other language. why is it called the "indo-european" family of languages? what does the "indo" mean?

M. said:
i heard somewhere that the finnish language is closest to hindu than any other language. why is it called the "indo-european" family of languages? what does the "indo" mean?
The ethnic groups so called indo-european are celts, romans and germans (and all the threads coming from them). They moved in the early story of man from the Indian area spreading all around and taking different uses and habits by the place they used to stop (woods, mountains, deserts...), anyway keeping similar things between each other that you can find in the language, in the religion and in the society organization. The finnish ethnic group is the only one in the scandinavian area that is not properly "scandinavian". It comes from Hungary and is mixed with nordic eastern populations, they are called hugro-finnic.

Fleischwolf said:
finnish, estonian and hungarian are from the finno-ugric language familiy and are not indo-european! together with basque they are the only no-indo-european languages in europe!
Exactly. About basquian ethnic group I have to say that probably their language is what is left of the primitive celtic language (and the celts were indoeuropean) at the same way of the people living in Sardinia (the italian island) having a lot in commun with them (bout language and archeology). For some reason (probably for the influence of other semitic populations they met on their path) their language thread twisted from the original. Anyway, my family comes from the basquian region, if you go there dont say they have no celtic roots or they will slay you for real! Basquian people are really proud of their roots!

Fleischwolf said:
that's the first time i hear that basques have celtic roots! basques where the first people to inhabit europe before the indo-europeans came! so it's very unlikely that they have celtic roots!
I mean, did you read the first one talking about it? He is called Macrobius and is a classic roman writer. Also there are archeologic proves about it and last year was a great conference in London! As said there are different threads of celts, greeks used to call "celts" even the Romans. If you want I can write you nextly a list of books having this kind of argumentations.

Macrobius (Historia) Georges Dumezil (Destiny of the warrior III pt.) Angelo Brelich (History of Religions)
Instrumentum Magazine n°3/1997,will be not so hard to find operas of classic writers who studied about the hispanic populations ( Ecoteus, Erodotus, Eschilius, Sofokles)and me because I come from there and Ive been there many times, talking with people and visiting places (simply beautiful!)
Now I dont want to start an endless discussion about this and neither to convince you (also I dont think something like that could change your existence :D ), I study anthropology and history of religions and thats what I got in my studies. It seems (and I say seems because is impossible to know things happened centuries ago) that the basquians are part of the first celt movement from the indian area and it seems they developed the major part of their habits, specially language, during a LONG stop by the caucasic zones (is said that an ex russian graduated that was born in Georgia, passing by Euskadi-the basquian land-found himself able to comunicate with the people there), the second movement spreaded in Europe only few centuries after and is natural that the celt who came there (hispanic area) found their brothers much more different from them (language first). Been comparations of many kind to prove that basquians had the same heritage of the celts. Studies over skeletons, burial places, religion (one of the last populations forced to yeld to christianity) (chromlechs, menhirs –the same kind you can find in Great Britain-and forms of rocky writings). Where did you read that basquians are not part of the indoeuropean ethnic group? For the thing having to do with the language? I know that few anthropologists used to think about that during the past years but I thought now was clear enough the inverse. Hopefully you can find interesting things over the books I suggested. J’ hm euskaldunok !!!
P.s. Do you know that the Life Tree (the same one of the norse tradition) was the symbol of the basquian nobles and that is called at the same way their national anthem? Many coincidences for a group that is not "indoeuropean".

well, i thought basques are part of the neolithic people who dwelled in europe before the indo-european invasion. basques have a recessive bloodtype that other europeans lack. also the language would be an indicator since it's not related to any other language. at least this is common linguistic lore. there is no other language known that is similar to basque. but of course basques have a lot of indo-european heritage in their culture.

Gleemonex said:
Yes.. and when you say things like "we didn´t rouse the arabs".. does that mean YOU were THERE some fifteen hundred years ago? Hmmm, enjoy your immortality dear chap ;)

Christianity didn't steal the stories from the Eddas any more than the Norse chaps stole their stories from others!!!
It's not even a question of theft! It would do you a world of good to take a couple of classes in Folkloristics ;)
To try to sum some of it up though, it´s more a question of evolution than theft.

hmmm.. now that´s a dangerous thing to maintain without further proof. And seeing as there has never been any substantial proof on that (that i know of anyway), i think i have to mention that it´s not like it STARTED in India.
But i know what you are speaking of though, there are immense similarities, and i personally believe that Norse myths are in part derived from India and Asia.. but.. it doesn´t really matter too much, it´s always the story itself that matters, now how it came to be :)

Really?? Oh, that's very interesting! Do you have any info on that, or any source material that i could read up on?
1. I agree wholeheartedly with the above statement about "stealing" texts.
2. The point I was trying to make was that Nazis generally assume that anything to do with "norse" matters pertain only to my ancestors being blonde, tall and from the north. I am just trying to remind said persons, just as you were, that a history lesson may be in order. Wether it came from Iran or India is not really important in this regard, but I still maintain that even though it may have started elsewhere, the gods were brought northwards by Indian tribes on the move. I believe so, partially, because if you look at the names and some of the other things from a linguistic standpoint, they are derived from the names of their hindu counterparts. That's not really important to me either, though, as I subscribe to the current form of Asatru, which is something that is in my heart, rather than something to be learned scholastically.
3.Yes, I think I can find some texts for you, although some of that came from interesting things I learned from one of your countrymen who studies this stuff at university, and some of it, I think may have been from Swedish texts. Anyhow, I'll see what I can find for you.

I think the Aryans came from Central Asia and split up. some of them went to India, other to Iran and the rest to Europe.
In India there's a whole debate going on about the "aryan invasion" in 2500 bc.
I know some Hindi, and it is quite similar to European languages.

humans can be split up into tribes or peoples?
that's impossible
if you look back into history you'll see, that in the end all humans have the same origin

Well, if you take a look back on the historys pages youll realize that wars and struggles between people have as a common origin right the different origin!