Off-Topic

Fundy, the lines:
"We hear you.
We fear you.
We don’t want to get near you "

I really like. Well done

In other news, who else agrees the best place on Earth for metal is Northern Europe (Particularly Finland/The Netherlands)?
Epic
Nightwish
Within Temptation
HB

etc.

It depends. If you are talking about power metal, epic metal, symphonic metal, melodic metal, etc than you are RIGHT ON! I'd have to say thoough, that it's not just NORTHERN Europe, rather all of it: :headbang: Seventh Avenue, Narnia, Sinbreed, Within Temptation, Dragonforce (I know someone is going to say "facepalm" or "headesk"), Hammerfall, InnerWish, Narnia, and Majestic Vanguard. :headbang::headbang: There are still some really good US ones though. Don't forget these: THEOCRACY:headbang:, Symphony X, Circle II Circle, and Future's End

Nah... Britain and America are generally the best. Iron Maiden, Metallica, Dream Theater, Megadeth, Theocracy, Tourniquet, Judas Priest, etc.

You should be aware the record label that signed Theocracy - it's swedish. Same as several other symphonic/power/prog metal bands from the USA

BM - It's more political than religous....and a little left-wing for my tastes. However, it's still very good music.

Who likes video games? :O Surprise! I do! :D
I like Colin McRae Rally 2005 (DiRT isn't all that good) and I ordered a PSP so I can play Modnation Racers which looks FUN!

I like some... these: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast, Call of Duty 1, Call of Duty 2, Battlefield 1942 (My brother really likes that one), Most Medal of Honer Games, Star Wars Battlefront I and II, classic arcade games, and ROBLOX (Online lego-like building game...lol haha!).

I don't play a whole lot of video games. I mostly stick to tabletop games like Dungeons & Dragons, and online stuff like World of Warcraft.

Oh, and I was bored last night, so I wrote this song. I haven't written in several months, so I'm probably a little rusty. I didn't try to rhyme it at all, since I generally think rhymes limit the quality of the lyrics.

"Crusader"

I walked the streets
Burning hatred for the world
Fury in my eyes
To change their minds
I would fight them to the death
Revenge my only way

[chorus]
I was a crusader
I was out for blood
Consumed by my own hate
My life being governed by my rage
I was a crusader
To tear down the lines
That I resented so
And I, I wouldn't stop until it was too late

Then I began
To feel that I was lost
Like I'd no purpose to my life
I spiraled down
Felt my future was a myth
I had no guiding light

I was a crusader
I was out for blood
Consumed by bitterness
I tried to put an end to it all
I was a crusader
To oppose myself
And everybody else
But then a voice spoke comforting words to my heart

I walk the streets
Burning passion for my cause
The peace shines in my eyes
He changed my mind
I'll follow him to the death
Love my only way

I am a crusader
I am out for good
Consumed by love for Him
My life being governed by His word
I am a crusader
To tear down my pride
That I had needed so
And I, I know the glorious healing of Christ

That's pretty dang sweet. Most of the stuff I write is rhyming and all but some people do better without rhyming and obviously you are one of those poeple. Very nice!

...Dragonforce (I know someone is going to say "facepalm" or "headesk")...
Today, a colleague of mine compared their guitar sound to that of the old Nintendo games. :heh:

I do like some of their music, but picking one good song is enough. The rest is just the same.

Today, a colleague of mine compared their guitar sound to that of the old Nintendo games. :heh:

I do like some of their music, but picking one good song is enough. The rest is just the same.

DragonForce gets a lot of undue hate. They're really just pretty mediocre.

@ BM: LOL!

O.K. guys! A new peom (I wrote it in like an hour... so it might change a bit... seriously... an hour or possibly less!)

-[Seas of Confusion]-

Cast into a raging sea
Below the skies of grey
My long forgotten destiny
Lies so many miles away

Swimming in the seas of confusion
The sword falls from my hand
Falling for a dark illusion
Rising from the burning sand

I slip away
Temptation plays it's games
I try to play
But I am cast into the flames

Tossed into the seas of fire
I enter into night
Giving in to my every desire
I've given up the fight

The sun is rising in the sky
Is this but a fantasy?
I'm falling down, LORD lift me high
Into the realms of eternity

Lift me from the sea of ashes
I want this life no more
I feel the pain of a thousand lashes
I see the scars of war

You come to me
With bleeding wrist
You let me see
Beyond the mist

You cleanse my soul
Of all I've done
Though night is dull
I see the sun

Rescued from the raging sea
Below the skies of grey
LORD you know my destiny
This life I'm living, every day

DragonForce gets a lot of undue hate. They're really just pretty mediocre.

No hate from my colleague (nor from me). Just shuffle your playlists and an occasional DF song is a welcome surprise. No consecutive DF listening though.

There is an album that I've listened to 150+ times in a row (ok, I went to bed every now and then). There are some songs that I've put on repeat for about 80 times. Just because it was that good. Now guess. :D

BM, I will guess...Mirror of Souls ? I'm almost at that many plays.

---Prem

Does some one know how to find the "song" where Matt is playing guitar, with the awesome voice of Truman ? (the whole song is Truman "singing" with Matt playing guitar)

so what do you think of the latest poem/lyrics I wrote? Rofl. And Truman is the awesomest vocalist of ALL TIME!