OFFICIAL AMERICAN SETLIST THREAD

Black Rose Immortal is arguably one of the most loved Opeth songs and they don't play this live? Or is it just too damn long for a concert that is promoting GR? God, I would go friggin crazy if they played that song live!

PLEASE!!!!!

1. The Baying of the Hounds
2. When
3. Bleak
4. In My Time Of Need
5. The Moor
6. The Grand Conjuration
7. Deliverance
8. Blackwater Park
9. Demon Of The Fall

I think BWP was played just before Demon of the Fall. Either way I was a little disappointed. I love the heavy "fucking" metal as much as anyone else, but was anyone else hoping for a slightly more varied show? Face of Melinda would've been perfect to add to the set, or A Fair Judgement. Black Rose Immortal would've rectified all my concerns though.

Mike does try to be funny - and sort of succeeds. Pretty good stage presence. What's up with the angry crowd? I thought the short duration of Billie Jean was hilarious.

At least they're big enough to fly to dates now (while the crew drives all night). I'm going to buy a bunch of Red Bulls and lay them across the stage for them if they're tired.

Good set, but here's what I'd LOVE to see (hey, a guy can dream!)

Ghost of Perdition
When
Masters Apprentices
The Amen Corner
To Bid You Farewell
Bleak
Reverie/Harlequin Forest
The Moor
Windowpane
The Grand Conjuration
Blackwater Park

Isolation Years
Demon of the Fall

Risquit said:
At least they're big enough to fly to dates now (while the crew drives all night). I'm going to buy a bunch of Red Bulls and lay them across the stage for them if they're tired.

they're not flying to every gig on the tour. That would be ridiculously expensive.

pelican's badass, can't wait to see them.....it'll be interesting to see how the audience there takes them. Either they're cool and different ..or they're "gay because they look emo0o0o!"

it's funny how you guys bitch like little girls when the setlist isnt just right.. oooooh boo why didnt they play MY favorite song instead.. hey guess what.. it's their show and i have a feeling they are going to play what the WANT to play. Sure it would be nice if they DID play your favorite song.. but guess what then they arent playing someone elses favorite song.. A TRAVESTY!!

Dont bother going to the shows if you cant handle them not playing your songs! :)

I thought the show was amazing as usual, It's funny watching Mikael get more relaxed on stage.. he looked like he was having a fucking blast.

And angry crowd? that was the most energetic crowd ive seen at the commodore in years... definately the most impressive reaction to a band. Like chanting for the band through the whole concert? that doesnt happen usually. At least when I've been there. :/

Anywhoo.. quite your bitching and just enjoy the fucking amazing shows!

Leper_/-\ffinity said:
Can anyone please post Pelican's setlist that they are playing on this tour?
Sorry , they didn't say what the names of their songs were that night. But, I did hear some of their songs on their site the day after.. And, I do recall they played the first track off their cd, and then they played Marching Into The Sea.. Something Like that. And I don't remember the rest. Sorry :(

socialenemy69 said:
Yup he said that they have been flying to every gig and that he had some kind of invection on his vocal chords.

Shit, I hope that clears up quickly, or that he atleast makes it to October 30th. I'll be incredibly disappointed if they have to cancel, but I guess that would be better than Mikael permenantly fucking up his vocals.

Seattle setlist was the same. I'd have to say Blackwater Park sounded the best live (also the biggest mosh)Bleak was so-so. Moor was good. They didn't play the intro to When.

As for their travel accommodations, my friend and I saw the face of Mikeal inside a spacious RV right next to the line for tickets.

Can anyone please post Pelican's setlist that they are playing on this tour?

They played the same song for fourty five painful minutes.