Official video game thread - what are you playing?!

Aug 14, 2008
There's a literature thread, a comics thread, and we even had an anime thread, but we've never had a dedicated video games thread! What are you playing, what are you looking forward to playing, etc. Doesn't have to be anything new either.

I'm currently playing Tales of Xillia for the PS3. How bout U?

I got extremely listless over the past few weeks. I went from Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition (don't buy it, btw, the multi-player is not great as originally promised), to Fallout 2, to FF7, to giving up on avoiding it and buying Shadowrun Returns (which was absolutely amazing, super awesome writing in that game), then to another giving in with Magic 2014 (in which I crushed all of the single player content in a couple of days and I don't have the capacity to deal with the internet kids for much MP), and then I finally settled on trying out League of Legends, which I am loving.

My house is currently in the middle of a huge overhaul so console games are completely out atm. And beside that, with my daughter being just 19 months I rarely have a chance at them these days anyway. PC is easier to do though in small bursts while she's being put to bed or whatever.

Right now World of Tanks and Crusader Kings dominate the little PC time I have for games. On my tablet, I play a lot of Settlers of Catan, Words with Friends, and crossword puzzles.

Right now World of Tanks and Crusader Kings dominate the little PC time I have for games. On my tablet, I play a lot of Settlers of Catan, Words with Friends, and crossword puzzles.

I don't know why I didn't look for a port of Catan on tablet. Shit. I wish I didn't know to look for it now.

Finished Dead Island: Riptide for PS3 a few weeks ago....terrible game. I loved the first Dead Island...I think I would have enjoyed this more if this was sold as an expansion pack and not a sequel. Zero interest in the lousy story...gameplay was exactly the same and only one or two new zombie types. Very very short game as well. There was a terrible glitch that would happen also during the game where you would go into savage mode and literally any weapon you were holding would get tossed. Sometimes you literally could not get them back so all this time making a cool weapon would be wasted.

Recently finished Just Cause 2 on my PS3. Still trying to decide what to focus on next. Been playing a bit of Red Alert 3 for my cheesy genre acting fix.

Remember Me, on PC. The story and setting are cool; the gameplay is linear and has a low learning curve. (Think Assassin's Creed, but in the future, and not open-world.) The only problem -- and it's a HUGE one for me -- is the camera. It has a mind of its own, it's not very responsive, and the angles are so bad that it makes me nauseous to play for more than 15 minutes at a time. Because of this, I may not bother finishing the game.

A bad camera is one of the easiest, but perhaps least considered, ways to completely ruin a game. I have quit more than one because the camera pissed me off.

Finished Dead Island: Riptide for PS3 a few weeks ago....terrible game. I loved the first Dead Island...I think I would have enjoyed this more if this was sold as an expansion pack and not a sequel. Zero interest in the lousy story...gameplay was exactly the same and only one or two new zombie types. Very very short game as well. There was a terrible glitch that would happen also during the game where you would go into savage mode and literally any weapon you were holding would get tossed. Sometimes you literally could not get them back so all this time making a cool weapon would be wasted.

Apparently Riptide isn't made by the Dead Island team, and that team is working on a next gen title called Dying Light.

Thought I'd share this with you guys.

My husband is an artist for EA. This is the game he's been working on. It's free on mobile phones and devices. :D

nexusae0_dungeon_keeper_announcement_thumb.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/dungeonkeepermobile

infamous, Batman:Arkham City GOTY, Assassin's Creed 2, Sonic Generations, Sonic's Genesis Collection, all on my ps3.

Got out my trusty old Sega Dreamcast, & just started playing Sonic Adventure & Sonic Adventure 2!
PS2-Prince Of Persia:Warrior Within, Prince Of Persia:Two Thrones, & Splinter Cell:Chaos Theory,
Ahhh the joys of nostalgia!! :)

Have both Arkham titles for Xbox, Halo 4 as well, but don't play them. Also bought LOTR Guardians of Middle Earth for Xbox months ago, but still have yet to play it. I just mostly play League of Legends. May try Infinite Crisis soon though, which is the DC Comics version of League of Legends. Also play Rock Band 3 once in a while.