"oh, it's an ENGL?" new song!

Shadow_Walker said:
Just saw your signature. Amazing. :loco:

haha, frommm theee deaaaad! thanks bro, I really need to record something new..

been sitting down and trying to write/record the last few days, end up just getting frustrated. i'm working on a new mix and and now using DFH2, so.. we'll see!

Charlie

What's the pitchshifter you used on the kick and on the guitar? And does the "bass" guitar sound ugly on its own? Our bassist isn't around for a few days and I need to see how a mix will sound with a bass guitar in it :)

Shadow_Walker said:
What's the pitchshifter you used on the kick and on the guitar? And does the "bass" guitar sound ugly on its own? Our bassist isn't around for a few days and I need to see how a mix will sound with a bass guitar in it :)

there's no pitch-shifter on the kick or guitar.. only the bass, which I used the one the comes with Cubase.. takes a huge amount of sculpting and compression, but it works well in the mix..

It sounds okay but itself, just a bit odd compared to an actual bass track, haha, of course.

Oh, sorry, didn't make myself clear - when I said 'guitar' I actually ment what after the shifting became the bass track :) 10x

I actually just tried the cubase one before reading your last post ... it's definetely odd, yeah :) But it will do. Just wanted to see how will the kick get along with a bass guitar, I had to cut @ about 60 and 90hz on the bass. Did you make some narrow cuts as well? Your kick is really nice :)

edit: here's how it sounds: http://cmusicforum.com/sw/mix-02_r8b.mp3 [/flooder] :p