Old School official Pic thread

JonnyD said:
Defenetly not what I expected lol Man I had you lookin like an a really old dude in my head :p No offense of course it was that Hawk in your avatar just made think of a wise lookin older dude lol
I consider this acompliment! :) Besides my interest in history and philosophy I am a red hot metal headbanger and don't you forget it! :headbang: :D

As for the older dude part, well, yea I am 45 and proud of it! I consider my age a advantage in many way's. I have seen some legedary gigs in my time, hehe [old dude speaking here] and those are precious memories to me.

The Trooper said:
Here is me. I don't have a scanner or anything so the only photos of me were ones I got off the site for a hard rock club I go to (a dude always goes around with a camera then puts photos up on their site).
Hey Trooper!!

Those pictures look kick ass!! Definitely old school!! You make the impression that you are a really layback relaxt guy.

Mmm I am going to play Vinnie Vincents "Invasion" album...

Bryant said:
Cool !!! Looks like you were rasing hell !! You remind me a little of my friend Greg. He posts as General Zod on the Prog Power forum here. He has that Mr. Clean look going on as well.
Maybe I can post a pix of me at Prog Power IV.

Bryant
Thanks. That clean look is not by choice I am afraid. One day I just got bald :erk:. I had to cut my hair. I used to have it hanging down halfway down my back...

JonnyD said:
I"m gonna Get a pic thread going or atleast try lol

I still dont think I know how to do this right so if anybody can Explain it to me I would be very happy! :p
Looks like a hard-core metal dude to me
:headbang: Keep pumping that bass man!

Hawk said:
Hey Trooper!!

Those pictures look kick ass!! Definitely old school!! You make the impression that you are a really layback relaxt guy.

Mmm I am going to play Vinnie Vincents "Invasion" album...
Wicked album! :)

Thanks dude! Hehe... Yeah I am very laid back and always relaxed, I always just like to have fun & rock out! :) Gotta say though, its not always fun catching the train into the "downtown" (is that what you call the main busy/CBD/city centre area in the USA?) part of the city dressed like that then walking from the station to the club hahaha! Usually get a few smart ass comments from people and almost ran into a bit of trouble with some thugs hanging around outside a liquor store one of the times coz of how I was dressed haha! I don't care what people think on the street though! I like it and that's all that matters!

By the way, I wish I had teachers you like at high school! Would be awesome to have headbanger teachers! I had one metal fan teacher in year 9 actually (he was my religious education teacher too!) and he put Megadeth & Iron Maiden posters up in his classroom, and when he was in a good mood he'd put AC/DC albums on while we worked!

The Trooper said:
Wicked album! :)

Thanks dude! Hehe... Yeah I am very laid back and always relaxed, I always just like to have fun & rock out! :) Gotta say though, its not always fun catching the train into the "downtown" (is that what you call the main busy/CBD/city centre area in the USA?) part of the city dressed like that then walking from the station to the club hahaha! Usually get a few smart ass comments from people and almost ran into a bit of trouble with some thugs hanging around outside a liquor store one of the times coz of how I was dressed haha! I don't care what people think on the street though! I like it and that's all that matters!

By the way, I wish I had teachers you like at high school! Would be awesome to have headbanger teachers! I had one metal fan teacher in year 9 actually (he was my religious education teacher too!) and he put Megadeth & Iron Maiden posters up in his classroom, and when he was in a good mood he'd put AC/DC albums on while we worked!
Man you gotta be commended for sticking to your guns. Thats so cool. Do you play in a band?

That Reli Ed teach sounds like a cool guy. My old headmaster used to play us Jimmy Hendrix, The Who and The Beatles on his birthday, talking about 1970 now ;). He was cool, I guess he was the guy that introduced me to rock music in general.

Once a year I hold a music hour with the classes I teach. They can bring whatever shit they like. I thell them: "it has only one disadvantage, so will I!!" I don't spare them, I can tell you. Afterwards they keep asking me "You really like that music teach?" They simply can not believe an old guy like me likes Slayer, Testament and Arch Enemy :D

Well, its nice to scare the living daylights out of them :heh:

One day I am going to be busted for child molestation .

BTW did you see the movie "School of Rock" yet? Looking forward to that one. It could be about me!!!

Hawk said:
I consider this acompliment! :) Besides my interest in history and philosophy I am a red hot metal headbanger and don't you forget it! :headbang: :D

As for the older dude part, well, yea I am 45 and proud of it! I consider my age a advantage in many way's. I have seen some legedary gigs in my time, hehe [old dude speaking here] and those are precious memories to me.

I hope you wouldnt consider it any less :D Did I say old dude or old fart I cant remember :loco: .... anyways hell yeah age is an advantage .... I have seen some pertty good shows in my short time but you do have 20 years on me ... but I am wise for my age or atleast compared to some of the ppl that are my age lol

Hawk said:
Once a year I hold a music hour with the classes I teach. They can bring whatever shit they like.

That is great! I had a teacher that let us do that (somewhere around 4th or 5th grade) and that is one of my best memories from childhood. All of us bringing in our Kiss and Ac/Dc albums (and the girls with their Abba shit... :lol: ) kranking them in class!! The first time I heard Highway To Hell was in a classroom!!! :lol: We had to play that one at low volume because we knew the teacher would not approve. :lol:

That's a great thing you're doing Hawk. I'm sure you're making life lasting memories for some of the kids. So are you the "cool teacher" at that school? :) I'm betting you are.

Hawk said:
Thanks. That clean look is not by choice I am afraid. One day I just got bald :erk:. I had to cut my hair. I used to have it hanging down halfway down my back...
Ha ha ha well the buddy I was talking about had the same problem. Pretty common thing, just ask david Lee Roth and Wolf Hoffmann. >:p~

Bryant

I don't have a scanner, but If I can find my cheap digital camera, I will take a picture of a picture of me with eric peterson after a dragonlord gig in 2002.

I´ve only got bad pictures. I´m not very photogenic.

mendeceased.gif

At Wacken 2001 with DECEASED

Very cool pics Angel and Wyvern!!

Wyvern, what cd are you holding in that pic.... Liege Lord "Freedom's Rise"? It's blurry but it kinda looks like that album cover to me.