Only Metal?

Norsemaiden said:
Metal is the music that has the most passion, energy and intensity. I love it, aswell as some classical and heavy rock which to quote Blackie Lawless (from WASP) "really hits the spot!"
It's shocking that anyone could also like jazz and hiphop. Incomprehensible.
hip hop i agree, but jazz? come on....dont be stupid...

and saying metal is the music with most passion is subjective...there's passionate music in many genres, and to me classical is much more passionate than metal... metal is more agressive of course, and nothing beats metal in that department, some classical, some prog rock makes me headbang also, but metal is metal eheh \m/

p.s. actually pop songs have more passion , all they talk about is love lol (joke)

I agree that some pieces of classical music have a lot of passion too. There is a lot of similarity between classical and metal, and I think a brilliant idea would be if more metal bands used classical pieces for inspiration.
The music seems to be moving in that direction with bands like Opeth.

Norsemaiden said:
I agree that some pieces of classical music have a lot of passion too. There is a lot of similarity between classical and metal, and I think a brilliant idea would be if more metal bands used classical pieces for inspiration.
The music seems to be moving in that direction with bands like Opeth.
well theres some metal songs with parts from metal pieces.
symphony x and nile come to mind, both covering holst - mars, bringer of war.

i agree with, i would love to hear a metal piece done in a classical format.
like a metal symphony, or a tone poem, that would be cool, music that progresses perfectly, not divided by riffs...

What jazz do you recommend? I only know the crap my parents listen to and someone told me that Jazz means something to do with masturbation so I just have this lame idea of old black guys doing that now when I hear the word. Please tell me what I'm missing though!:)

Norsemaiden said:
What jazz do you recommend? I only know the crap my parents listen to and someone told me that Jazz means something to do with masturbation so I just have this lame idea of old black guys doing that now when I hear the word. Please tell me what I'm missing though!:)

Listen to Miles Davis, John McLaughlin, Buddy Rich, Jaco P. (Can't spell his name - bassist). Apparently, your parents must listen to that boring dentist waiting room jazz, because real jazz is light years away from crap. As for your "friend" who say jazz is masturbation, I say just kick him in the nuts. Also, if you think jazz sucks because old black guys play it, then just give up and burn yourself on a cross, you fucking Klan whore.

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
Listen to Miles Davis, John McLaughlin, Buddy Rich, Jaco P. (Can't spell his name - bassist). Apparently, your parents must listen to that boring dentist waiting room jazz, because real jazz is light years away from crap. As for your "friend" who say jazz is masturbation, I say just kick him in the nuts. Also, if you think jazz sucks because old black guys play it, then just give up and burn yourself on a cross, you fucking Klan whore.

:lol: good post. His name is Jaco Pastorius and he rules. Check out Portrait of Tracy and try not to slit your wrists for being an inferior human being.

if you wish to get a good mix of jazz, fusion and metal, i'd recommend PLANET X.

I have both of their albums and it's just insane! This is the best Dark Fusion music I've ever come across. Especially the first album - Universe. Really good crisp sound, 7 string (Tony MacAlpine), a lot of organ and vintage synths by Derek Sherinian, and Virgil Donati on drums.

Truely amazing, hope to see them live one day (as Planet X, seen them live with other bands).

Ursus said:
if you wish to get a good mix of jazz, fusion and metal, i'd recommend PLANET X.

I have both of their albums and it's just insane! This is the best Dark Fusion music I've ever come across. Especially the first album - Universe. Really good crisp sound, 7 string (Tony MacAlpine), a lot of organ and vintage synths by Derek Sherinian, and Virgil Donati on drums.

Truely amazing, hope to see them live one day (as Planet X, seen them live with other bands).
that description sounds great, gonna download it right now:headbang:

Jazz I can recommned you:
LOUS ARMSTRONG
20s: King Oliver, Sydney Bechet, Bix Beiderbecke, Paul Whiteman, Duke Ellington
30s+....Fletcher Henderson, Don Redman, Bing Crosby, Louis Jordan
From free Jazz: Ornette Coleman and Cecil Taylor

And one great metal Jazz band: Falkenbach...I am sure you know them already, but....

I have checked out some of those jazz musicians suggested. Fair enough, each to their own and it would be boring if we all had the same taste. There is one way jazz sounds good to me and that is accompanying some suitable animation - like Snoopy cartoons . That is not intended to offend because I do mean it! (and I like Snoopy cartoons).
Is it not fair to say that jazz is chaotic? It sounds chaotic to me and (despite being very untidy and an anarchist) chaotic music just confuses me! Is it supposed to sound really improvised and unpredictable like that?
Hopefully someone is still reading this thread and will answer.:wave:

I'd say most jazz... even really avant garde stuff, is probably easier to get into than Obscura... but that's just me.

Oh, and my jazz recommendation (not that anybody really cares) is Jaga Jazzist.... Really cool, modern jazz, wtih electronic stuff.

I listen to metal only, with a bit of classical and folk on the side. I absolutely despise jazz and rap. Other music just doesn't do it for me.