Opeth! .. but no Nevermore

NinjaKitten

YOINK!
May 25, 2004
Vancouver Island
I just got back from the Opeth show in Vancouver. Nevermore was supposed to be there,(according to Warrel anyways) but they didnt make it :( . I was pretty bummed about that, but what can ya do I guess.
On the other hand, holy hell is Opeth one amazing band live! They blew me away completely. Mikael Åkerfeldt has these booming flawless and seemingly effortless vocals that just rock so hard. I was completely dumbstruck. It was a truely amazing performance. :headbang:

Glad you had fun Amy !
I actually can't wait to see Opeth live too. I saw them 3 times before and to be
honest, they kinda bored me live.... but I love their music, so I'm willing to give them one more chance live haha ;)

sorry you missed Nevermore though! What happened?

whoa.. I cant believe they bored you live Karen. They may have put on the best show Ive ever seen. Could have just been a bad day though, that can happen.

What happened with Nevermore, was Im not really sure they were ever scheduled to play but when I saw them at Gigantour Warrel made a big announcment wanting everyone to make sure they came back to see Nevermore again when they played with Opeth in the upcoming month. So I was like, well if Warrel says theyll be there, they probably will! .... and then they werent, evil Warrel and his lies.

hey flew back to us today ... so i guess it won`t be possible to come to that vancouver show ... they had their last gig in greece on oct 16th ...

and it`s said that they will join opeth on o9ctober 26 ... it`s on their homepage too :|

no I know. I read the websites, but there was a lot of different info on a lot of different sites. I didnt expect theyd be there, but when Warrel annouced at Gigantour that they would be, I think I had good enough reason to believe they just might make it.

VickyH said:
hey flew back to us today ... so i guess it won`t be possible to come to that vancouver show ... they had their last gig in greece on oct 16th ...

and it`s said that they will join opeth on o9ctober 26 ... it`s on their homepage too :|

And I see them the 27th *dances*

Kitt_at_school said:
no I know. I read the websites, but there was a lot of different info on a lot of different sites. I didnt expect theyd be there, but when Warrel annouced at Gigantour that they would be, I think I had good enough reason to believe they just might make it.

u always have to look onto the BANDS homepage ... when it`s not on it - it`s not confirmed ...

:)

ohh and i guess warrel meant that they`ll be on tour with opeth - but at that time, all of the european tourdates were not confirmed - perhaps he thought that they`ll join opeth sooner ... :)

well but it`s good u had a nice concert though

that sucks man...I just saw Opeth in LA sunday, nevermore wasn't there. But I knew they weren't gonna be there. We got some band "eyes of fire" instead. Didn't care for them at all.

yea.. I dont know who the first opening band was but they reeaallly sucked, and then the second was fireball ministry, who seemed to have a few decent songs.

Opeth just owns live...i mean really...they own! Karen, they arent boring live..well...not really anyway..of course i like mellower shows anyway!
arent Nevermore joining them like next week?
Nittah didnt like Pelican? i thought they were awesome! a bit avant-garde for the average listener though

Maharet said:
Opeth just owns live...i mean really...they own! Karen, they arent boring live..well...not really anyway..of course i like mellower shows anyway!
Nittah didnt like Pelican? i thought they were awesome! a bit avant-garde for the average listener though

yeah they`re joining opeth on oct 26 ... it`s my birfday and i cant be there :cry:

Maharet said:

Opeth does own live.. I still cant quite get over it. Since seeing them all Ive been listening to this week is Opeth Opeth and more Opeth.

Pelican didnt actually play Mah. I dont know who the first band was.. I didnt catch the name, but I know it wasnt Pelican. I dont mind Pelican though.. theyre not totally my cup of tea but theyre not totaly shit either.