Opeth Forum Petition - IMPORTANT!...

Let me just add that:

1) I'm always for a band allowing off-topic chat in their forum. It got out of hand back when with the Opeth Off-Topic apparently but I do think it is a big plus to allow, to a moderated casual extent. (Example, most forums on the site here) Really it just boils down to the people being able to police themselves with respect to others.

2) ANY band could have/run their own forum, that's no mystery. The appeal of being on UM.com is 1) to take advantage of the traffic/word of mouth the site builds and 2) to take advantage of all the bands here being in one spot so you don't have to jump around from one site to another for all the message boards. It's more than just a one band community here, a lot of you will attest to that knowing each other from other band forums on this site as well. Many people discover new bands from here as well (even me!).

Anyways, count me as a vote for allowing off-topic but it would be up the Opeth guys/site mod to lay down the rules as far as how off-topic they would like, which I am sure we can all respect.

1. NineFeetUnderground
2. synergy
3. Jon Snow
4. RjBeals
5. gunhaver
6. theleperaffinity
7. decadent
8. the l3p4raffinity
9. shadows skulk
10. Vrykolakas
11. Seraphim Belial
12. aenimated
13. Risquit "Two Threads Deleted So Far"
14. necramentia
15. Justin S.
16. Guitarmaster
17. Moonlapse
18. bored
19. adnilem
20. The Dude
21. Crimson Velvet
22. FUBAR
23. mot
24. Demoke
25. Knappen
26. TheMonkeysAteMySoul
27. Cenobite
28. Anarkissed
29. DREADFUL
30. Luz
31. prowler
32. draped in disease
33. deliverance
34. Black Rose
35. Demon of the Fall
36. CAIRATH
37. Aelinos
38. zeroMaximum
39. Moonstruck
40. taken by the reaper
41. The Drapery Falls
42. FrontTowardsEnemy
43. Themoor666
44. Agalloch
45. Dark Hunter
46. metalheadtimmy
47. Rahan
48. Depth Charge
49. coolsnow7
50. *madrigal*
51. Metal Ages
52. Nuk3m

Great, we have the numbers. I'm not at home right now, so I'm using a bit of a sub-par internet connection. If I manage to get onto my gmail account, bandwidth alotting, I'll send the petition results over to Anna, along with the agenda preceding them. I'll link to the thread, and make sure it's known to her that NineFeetUnder, a member of the community started this petition, and that a majority of the regular posters, if not all of them, have put their name down for it. Along with that, I hope it helps that the petition also has the support of myself and MetalAges.

We'll see what comes of this.

thanks moonlapse, youve been a big help. lets keep our fingers crossed. and id like to ask everyone who participated and those who didnt as well...if this does follow through, lets all take our parts to try and keep this a peaceful and positive atmosphere...it would be a shame for this change to be revoked due to bad behavior and abuse.

Congrats lads for getting the numbers. It's quite an achievement to get a board like this to agree on something, but I guess it had been building up long enough.

On the topic of having a second mod, I'd like to run for it again. I'm aware I got quite a bit of support last time, and I'm still happy to do the job.

But I'll be voting for Hypnos.

1. NineFeetUnderground
2. synergy
3. Jon Snow
4. RjBeals
5. gunhaver
6. theleperaffinity
7. decadent
8. the l3p4raffinity
9. shadows skulk
10. Vrykolakas
11. Seraphim Belial
12. aenimated
14. necramentia
15. Justin S.
16. Guitarmaster
17. Moonlapse
18. bored
19. adnilem
20. The Dude
21. Crimson Velvet
22. FUBAR
23. mot
24. Demoke
25. Knappen
26. TheMonkeysAteMySoul
27. Cenobite
28. Anarkissed
29. DREADFUL
30. Luz
31. prowler
32. draped in disease
33. deliverance
34. Black Rose
35. Demon of the Fall
36. CAIRATH
37. Aelinos
38. zeroMaximum
39. Moonstruck
40. taken by the reaper
41. The Drapery Falls
42. FrontTowardsEnemy
43. Themoor666
44. Agalloch
45. Dark Hunter
46. metalheadtimmy
47. Rahan
48. Depth Charge
49. coolsnow7
50. *madrigal*
51. Metal Ages
52. Nuk3m
53. x_OPETH_x

NineFeetUnderground said:
lets all take our parts to try and keep this a peaceful and positive atmosphere...it would be a shame for this change to be revoked due to bad behavior and abuse.

LOL i never expected seeing that coming from you. You usually make it your agenda to make sure the "fanboys" go away and with that your usually the first to put a thread down. Im sure ive seen you post something along the lines of priding yourself on how many people you can make leave this forum. And if you havent, thats what you come off as your mission.

NOW if i was looking to make this a better forum i would try and remove all the negativity, off-topic or on-topic.

Nuk3m said:
LOL i never expected seeing that coming from you. You usually make it your agenda to make sure the "fanboys" go away and with that your usually the first to put a thread down. Im sure ive seen you post something along the lines of priding yourself on how many people you can make leave this forum. And if you havent, thats what you come off as your mission.

NOW if i was looking to make this a better forum i would try and remove all the negativity, off-topic or on-topic.

well, if you had read earlier in the thread, you would have seen my explanation on a lot of my behavior here. i still dislike fan boys to a great degree, however im going to keep those kind of things to myself from now on, for the good of the forum and everyone included. i dont take pride it making people leave this forum, nor has that ever been my agenda here or elsewhere...which seems a bit assuming on your part, but i guess understandable. all i can say is like i said before...im going to stop that stuff, considering if this goes through, we will have a positive and lively atmosphere of discussion here, and no further need for beligerant negativity and unproductive slander...at least thats how i see it.

decadent...i appreciate your vote for me, and i would kindly vote for you as well...however it seems moonlapse has already addressed this matter and says he will have everything under control even if the new changes take place. i dont doubt he will, he has done a good job thus far and im sure he will continue to do so. and as he requests, lets wait to see if any 2nd mod is even necessary before we further worry about that.

moonlapse...let us know as soon as you hear anything from anna/mike about all this, im eager to hear the final conclusion.

well, if you had read earlier in the thread, you would have seen my explanation on a lot of my behavior here. i still dislike fan boys to a great degree, however im going to keep those kind of things to myself from now on, for the good of the forum and everyone included. i dont take pride it making people leave this forum, nor has that ever been my agenda here or elsewhere...which seems a bit assuming on your part, but i guess understandable. all i can say is like i said before...im going to stop that stuff, considering if this goes through, we will have a positive and lively atmosphere of discussion here, and no further need for beligerant negativity and unproductive slander...at least thats how i see it.

Thats nice dude but unfortunatly i really cant beleive that and will only beleive it when i see it. I honestly hope you do what you say.

I dont think any people like fanboys but they are usually just new to the whole Opeth scene and new to this forum.

Ill admit that it was a large assumption on my part however, i only scratch my head when it itches, which is to say i didnt pull it out of nowhere and i wouldnt just make such an assumption on one or two posts but from a pretty big history.

But anyways back on subject. I hope Anna decides for the best of the forum which would be to allow off-topic subjects. I really cant see the forum going anywhere but down if the forum stays the way it is. It would be a clear sign that they arnt even listening to this community.

Also I think if this does go forward more power should be given to Moonlapse such as kicking, banning and so on. He has done a good job so far and there would be alot more work if this was made offtopic and i happen to know what goes on when the need for banning comes up. It seems abit tedious and no nessasary. I hope metal ages takes note of what was just said.

Yeah... I'm still in rehab after losing my precious 'delete every thread' button :(

I'll keep you guys posted, for sure. I'm thinking if they do come to a sort of consensus to support change, they'll probably post something on here to boot.

1. NineFeetUnderground
2. synergy
3. Jon Snow
4. RjBeals
5. gunhaver
6. theleperaffinity
7. decadent
8. the l3p4raffinity
9. shadows skulk
10. Vrykolakas
11. Seraphim Belial
12. aenimated
14. necramentia
15. Justin S.
16. Guitarmaster
17. Moonlapse
18. bored
19. adnilem
20. The Dude
21. Crimson Velvet
22. FUBAR
23. mot
24. Demoke
25. Knappen
26. TheMonkeysAteMySoul
27. Cenobite
28. Anarkissed
29. DREADFUL
30. Luz
31. prowler
32. draped in disease
33. deliverance
34. Black Rose
35. Demon of the Fall
36. CAIRATH
37. Aelinos
38. zeroMaximum
39. Moonstruck
40. taken by the reaper
41. The Drapery Falls
42. FrontTowardsEnemy
43. Themoor666
44. Agalloch
45. Dark Hunter
46. metalheadtimmy
47. Rahan
48. Depth Charge
49. coolsnow7
50. *madrigal*
51. Metal Ages
52. Nuk3m
53. x_OPETH_x
54. Mind of Winter

Aye, I'm a perfect 10. What am I voting for again?
nau0066.gif

bad behavior and abuse.
You are one of the last people that needs to be a moderator. Generally, forums run alot smoother when the mods only speak when necessary. You fly off the handle pretty quickly, quite frequently, and usually just because someone has a different opinion than you, and just because you say "I'm going to be quiet now" and are acting all cutesy and positive doesn't change anything about how you were acting before you got the idea to make this thread.

I have found that when mods are all buddy, buddy with everyone, things tend to get clique-ish, and people outside the clique and especially new members, get told to fuck off quite frankly and quick like...but whatever, that's just my theory.

I, for one, cannot understand why everyone is making such a big deal about this. There are plenty of places to go around here to talk about whatever the hell you want, which Opeth.com has already said like three times now. If people would stop being so rude and use the search functions, then this forum would be just fine. You cannot expect a forum to be bustling with brand new things to talk about everyday when the band is in between projects...I'll be really surprised if she/they change their mind all of the sudden...but I'm more interested to read people's (over) reactions when and if they tell you "No."

*makes popcorn, sits back, and waits*

^ well said! I'm also very curious to see what happens in the event that opeth.com says 'no.' But I have the feeling they'll say 'yes,' though. At the end of the day, we are the ones posting here, and most of us have signed.

How many peeps signed their names to this list
just sign their names to a list?

Mind of Winter said:
1. NineFeetUnderground
2. synergy
3. Jon Snow
4. RjBeals
5. gunhaver
6. theleperaffinity
7. decadent
8. the l3p4raffinity
9. shadows skulk