Opeth, Lamb Of God, Gwar, Strapping Young Lad, Chimaira, Clutch+more-New 18 Band Tour

I think I recall one of the dudes from DevilDriver wearing a cryptopsy shirt or some other DM band shirt. Sadly, it didn't make the quality of DD's music any better.

all these shitty nu metal bands in denial (chimaira and devildriver) are just trying to be more appealing and more "metal." When I saw devildriver, they had on The Haunted, Suffocation, Motorhead and Emperor shirts. I guess that's fine if they like those bands. But the thing is...I don't recall any nu metal bands wearing metalshirts back a few years ago when metal wasn't really cool.

Master_Debater said:
Did you have a fatass land on top of you during Devildriver at the Seattle gig as well, R0l0?
LOL no, though I remember a really big bald fatass with like 10 piercings in his face smoking weed next to me before their set, saying something along the lines of "oh man you're gonna fucking love this next band". Chances are it's the same one :lol:

Dreadful said:
all these shitty nu metal bands in denial (chimaira and devildriver) are just trying to be more appealing and more "metal." When I saw devildriver, they had on The Haunted, Suffocation, Motorhead and Emperor shirts. I guess that's fine if they like those bands. But the thing is...I don't recall any nu metal bands wearing metalshirts back a few years ago when metal wasn't really cool.

it's not out of the realm of possibility that the guys in those bands could actually LIKE good music, and still play music you or I don't like ;)

anyway, if this tour comes near me i'll go. opeth is obviously worth the 25 bux, All That Remains is amazing, Unearth is good... i heard gwar was supposed to play which would be weird, but fun... i didn't hear anything about Lamb of God playing, but they're good too, wouldn't mind seeing them again if they do play.

Feicht said:
it's not out of the realm of possibility that the guys in those bands could actually LIKE good music, and still play music you or I don't like
Shut the fuck up! They're posers! There's no way they could like any of those bands.

We're the true metal people! We who whine about bands on the internets! UNDERGROUND IS GOING TO TAKE OVER! DEATH TO FALSE METALLERS!

R0l0 said:
LOL no, though I remember a really big bald fatass with like 10 piercings in his face smoking weed next to me before their set, saying something along the lines of "oh man you're gonna fucking love this next band". Chances are it's the same one :lol:

You were pretty close to where I was then..... he was saying the same thing.

But it was in reference to Devildriver

MightyA said:
Shut the fuck up! They're posers! There's no way they could like any of those bands.

We're the true metal people! We who whine about bands on the internets! UNDERGROUND IS GOING TO TAKE OVER! DEATH TO FALSE METALLERS!

hahahaha :D

God fucking damnit. My ex-roommates are a couple of emo faux-artfags, and I'm sure they will be there seeing Norma Jean and Throwdown. These guys are seriously the biggest fucking tools you will ever meet. I mean they are fucking just horrific.

Great. Fucking great. A day I have long feared has come.

Let's face it, we all want Opeth to be successful, but we all are here because we feel that we are a part of something special. We 'get' Opeth whereas other people don't. We understand what is going on musically, or else we just dig it.

Now, get ready for a bunch of skinny, female-jean wearing, swoosh-haircut-sporting, fake, artificially depressed, stupid guys and girls who thinks they are so unique and misunderstood, but at best they are all just third-rate rehashes at what they do (photography or play guitar and whine). Get ready for these guys to tell you how great Opeth is, and how they really like the new direction they are taking with this new album.

Emo and hardcore is the worst shit ever. It's music for people who want to be artists or musicians, but can't quite cut it. They think they can, but they remain blissfully obnoxious in their never-ending ignorance manifested in the 'scene'.

Opeth and Strapping Young Lad are the antitheses of this type of shit. They are what they are, fuck all the bullshit.

Hopefully they will make an ass-raping amount of money on this tour, and maybe co-headline later for Opeth's new one and Alien. Devin and Mikael together would fucking own all. I'm all for the guys making money, but AFAIK they are making it now and in a very, very selfish way I'd like to still enjoy 'my' Opeth and 'my' Devin Townsend Band and 'my' SYL and know that I and the people on this forum, but not the indy art emo-scene fags fucking 'get it.'

The Evil Toucan said:
God fucking damnit. My ex-roommates are a couple of emo faux-artfags, and I'm sure they will be there seeing Norma Jean and Throwdown. These guys are seriously the biggest fucking tools you will ever meet. I mean they are fucking just horrific.

Great. Fucking great. A day I have long feared has come.

Let's face it, we all want Opeth to be successful, but we all are here because we feel that we are a part of something special. We 'get' Opeth whereas other people don't. We understand what is going on musically, or else we just dig it.

Now, get ready for a bunch of skinny, female-jean wearing, swoosh-haircut-sporting, fake, artificially depressed, stupid guys and girls who thinks they are so unique and misunderstood, but at best they are all just third-rate rehashes at what they do (photography or play guitar and whine). Get ready for these guys to tell you how great Opeth is, and how they really like the new direction they are taking with this new album.

Emo and hardcore is the worst shit ever. It's music for people who want to be artists or musicians, but can't quite cut it. They think they can, but they remain blissfully obnoxious in their never-ending ignorance manifested in the 'scene'.

Opeth and Strapping Young Lad are the antitheses of this type of shit. They are what they are, fuck all the bullshit.

Hopefully they will make an ass-raping amount of money on this tour, and maybe co-headline later for Opeth's new one and Alien. Devin and Mikael together would fucking own all. I'm all for the guys making money, but AFAIK they are making it now and in a very, very selfish way I'd like to still enjoy 'my' Opeth and 'my' Devin Townsend Band and 'my' SYL and know that I and the people on this forum, but not the indy art emo-scene fags fucking 'get it.'

:headbang: :headbang: That was an awesome post. DEATH TO EMO FAGS

Let's kill them at the shows. I'll be in Denver...choking these man-bitches.

The Evil Toucan said:
Haha funny(and maybe sarcastic?) post but oh so true. To me it's not a matter between "metal" and "false metal". The difference I see is one between honest, down to earth musicians who have a real appreciation for the arts and creating music, and a bunch of scenester fags who form their stupid pseudo-art garage bands with dreams of getting girls and making money, all while gaining popularity in their social scenes of course.

The Evil Toucan said:
fake, artificially depressed, stupid guys and girls who thinks they are so unique and misunderstood
I fucking hate that. Coming from someone who's had genuine depression, I could tell you it's nothing to show off or be proud of. Depression affects your whole mind and body, it's not just something caused by crying over a broken heart. These idiots think that having mental problems is cool because it shows how truly unique and sensitive they are :erk:

Master_Debater said:
You were pretty close to where I was then..... he was saying the same thing.

But it was in reference to Devildriver
Yeah, I was refering to before DD's set myself. I was kind of in the middle-front area behind the left speaker.
I think that guy left after DD cause I didn't see him after that, though it got really crowded when Opeth came on so maybe it would be a little more difficult to spot him(but definately easier to spot than a normal person :Spin: )

R0l0 said:
Haha funny(and maybe sarcastic?) post but oh so true. To me it's not a matter between "metal" and "false metal". The difference I see is one between honest, down to earth musicians who have a real appreciation for the arts and creating music, and a bunch of scenester fags who form their stupid pseudo-art garage bands with dreams of getting girls and making money, all while gaining popularity in their social scenes of course.

I fucking hate that. Coming from someone who's had genuine depression, I could tell you it's nothing to show off or be proud of. Depression affects your whole mind and body, it's not just something caused by crying over a broken heart. These idiots think that having mental problems is cool because it shows how truly unique and sensitive they are :erk:

:erk:

arg! this would all be funnier to me if i could hear what an emmo band sounds like.

R0l0 said:
Yeah, I was refering to before DD's set myself. I was kind of in the middle-front area behind the left speaker.
I think that guy left after DD cause I didn't see him after that, though it got really crowded when Opeth came on so maybe it would be a little more difficult to spot him(but definately easier to spot than a normal person :Spin: )

Yeah, I know one fat guy got thrown out for being just a flaming ass.

I was pretty front and center, couldn't stay up when everyone rushed up for April Ethereal though.

Master_Debater said:
Yeah, I know one fat guy got thrown out for being just a flaming ass.
haha! i wish i was there for that. theres always at least one incredibly annoying person at every concert. theyre funny though.

^^^ Oh man, you're so right on that one annoying person thing!!!^^^

There was practically no one at the Amorphis show on Monday, except this gigantic ass who felt the need to do the weirdest stage humping/headbang thing ever! He kept throwing up the horns (unnecessarily) and kept throwing them up right in the face of the bands! I mean literally, because at Studio 7, there's no a lot seperating you from the stage. He was SO GODDAMN ANNOYING, most people were looking at him instead of the band.

It was so dumb, there's only so much you can use the \m/, and he was really trying to smack the face of the guitarist and vocalist with them.

Needless to say, I pushed him out of the way when Amorphis came on.

Oh, and the skinny twerp had a hot girlfriend too. No justice.