Opeth, Lamb Of God, Gwar, Strapping Young Lad, Chimaira, Clutch+more-New 18 Band Tour

Alright, i made up my mind about this tour. Don't like 80% of the bands + Opeth will play like 4 songs maximum + at least $30 for a ticket = me not going. I'll just wait til they have their own tour, which will hopefully be soon after. I could care less about the "nu-metal" fans hearing Opeth, it just doesn't seem worth it for the price and the product.

Dreadful said:
Ok I just skipped over the last 3 1/2 pages of bullshit. All of you faggots (except for some of you ;)) I bet have loved nu metal at one point. You're so bewildered and fucking trendy with your new found love of extreme metal that you have to act all "cool" and "elitist" when Opeth tours with a bunch of metalcore bands.

It's people like you that piss me off more than nu metal kids. So what if I used to listen to nu metal 4 years ago. Does that make me a fucking bad person? Do you expect me to be born listening to Celtic Frost or decapitated or Slayer? Yeah I fucking listened to Nu metal but I fucking progressed ON MY OWN. I never started to listen to extreme metal because of some fucking trend, it was a natural evolution in my musical tastes. I discovered Opeth, Slayer, and every other fucking extreme metal band I listen to BY MYSELF.

I will continue to listen to metal as long as there is breath in my body, and I'm not going to drop it like some fucking trend after this latest resurgance in the style. I've devoted the last 4 years of my life to metal, and because I'm not thirty years old and have been listening to metal since the 80's, does that make me any fucking less of a fan than you? I'm fucking sick of all this bullshit about trends and fucking fads. I think people like you are more confused than anyone else, and you need to get off your FUCKING PEDISTAL.

So what if I have a fucking problem with this tour? So what if I'm not going to attend? It's my fucking problem, not yours, so shut the fuck up. I was planning on travelling as far as I needed to when I thought they were doing a headlining tour, and I was figuring on going to at least 4 fucking shows, so don't say I don't fucking support the band. I'm happy that Opeth is trying to expose themselves to new fans, and I'm so sorry I come across as selfish, but I won't be going to this festival. Next time Opeth comes around to do some shows in the Northeast I'll be at as many of them as I fucking can. So sorry I hate being surrounded by idiots, like those that will attend this festival.

I'll stop now...

So, to sum it all up, I think we all agree that Opeth is REALLY out of place on this tour, there is a collective "what the fuck??" from their fans, and if they come near us and it's our only option, we'll go see them. well, that last part is arguable, but I know that if it's my only chance to see The 'peths, I'm going.

shit, im just glad they'll be touring this summer. i'll drive wherever i need to go to see Opeth, then leave when they get off the stage

The only towns within driving distance of me are Memphis, Nashville and St. Louis.
They come that close and I will go. I am open to all types of musik. I wouldn't buy any of most of these bands but I would like to see the mosh pit go crazy when LOG get started!~

deathbearer said:
I tell ya, I wouldn't mind seeing Opeth at one of those European Fests like Wacken Open air, Waldrock. I think the market is vastly different in Europe. Nu Metal bands tour Europe too, but the major metal fests in Europe are far more extreme (for the better), better run, and more well attended.

This brings me to the conclusion that nu-metal is America's fault. Nice one, arseholes.

nicemarmot said:
Listen, it doesn't really matter who they are playing with at all, as long as there is Opeth and corndogs, I'm there because I'm fucking fat!! :headbang:

:tickled: that made the thread worth reading hahahah

does anyone else, especially after reading this thread, wish the word core was expleted from any posts on this forum...ahh im gonna go sleepies

I really don't think Chimaira are that bad either. Has anyone really heard them or just hate them because they're popular? They have some interesting styles that they draw on. At Ozzfest one guitarist had a Cannibal Corpse shirt on and the singer had a Manowar shirt on. I'm not saying they sound like either of these bands, but it is neat to see a new band that listens to the older metal.

PeeWee1473 said:
I really don't think Chimaira are that bad either. Has anyone really heard them or just hate them because they're popular? They have some interesting styles that they draw on. At Ozzfest one guitarist had a Cannibal Corpse shirt on and the singer had a Manowar shirt on. I'm not saying they sound like either of these bands, but it is neat to see a new band that listens to the older metal.

dude, Chimaira has this weird credibility - probably because Kerry King said they were gonna be the next Slayer, which I totally don't understand. The first 2 Chimaira cds were straight nu-metal with some double bass thrown in! Their old drummer was fucking amazing, I'll give them that, and Kevin Talley from Misery Index is playing with them now, and he too kicks ass. But their music.....meh. The lyrics are typical "i'm pissed/sad/lonely" stuff and the riffs seem to center around the first 4 frets on the guitar. They have some good riffs that come out of fucking nowhere and hit you in the gut, but then they just disappear and the band falls back in to the groove-metalcore rut. Their guitarists can shred when they want to, but all in all I just see Chimaira as wasted potential. Axe the singer and the electronics guy, get a better vocalist and work on the riffs and solos, and Chimaira could kick ass. It's a shame that they don't now. :(