Opeth/ Ozzfest

Feb 19, 2005
Ohio
Think it's a possibility? I hope not. I don't think they'll bother with it, especially after the shitty reaction they got on SOTU.

What do you guys think?

if they have to pay to play, they definitely won't. i'm under the impression that the band wouldn't want to play either, especially after they insulted iron maiden.

They got asked to play on 2005's line up but declined, at least I'm prettys ure. I'd MUCH rather see them headline then have to wait for all the crap bands to play. I mean last two years were great; Priest, Sabbath, Maiden, In Flames, Slayer, and some other good ones, but it was painful to watch some of the bands.

Only way I'd be happy with Opeth on Ozzfest is if they got a Main Stage headlining slot. Playing at least 50 minutes, but of course that won't happen. They're not big enough for something like that yet. Ozzfest would probably rather get someone like System of a Down, Avenged Sevenfold or Lacuna Coil instead.

The only reason I went last year was to meet Arch Enemy and In Flames. And to see them play ofcourse, along with Black Sabbath And Iron Maiden.

I wouldn't mind if Opeth was in Ozzfest. I'm sure they'd be on Main Stage too, if In Flames got a slot on Main stage, I'm sure Opeth would too.

steel102 said:
after reroute to sellout-dom and soundtrack to gay-sex, in flames is 5000x more popular than opeth. at least in the US

Very true, and it'll only grow bigger. I've listened to Come Clarity and it's on par with the two mentioned above.

It's sad too see a band like in flames hit rock bottom, as they definitely have now.

Luz said:
I guess not. The Ålmighty said somewhere, that you had to pay to play in the Ozzfest or something like that. So he said, no.
Of course you can always change your opinion. Who knows?
he only mentioned that opeth would have had to pay to play at ozzfest because at the time when their management was approached, opeth was unsigned. they were still looking for a new label. mikael said in an interview that since they had a few other swedish bands (arch enemy, the haunted, soilwork, and in flames) not to mention iron maiden and sabbath, that it might have been cool to play ozzfest. but judging by the quality of some of the other acts there when i went, opeth would've been shafted. in flames only got a five song set, and some of the other bands i wanted to see only played short sets as well, while shit bands like as i lay dying got over an hour.

i was reading an interview of some band on some website a few years ago which stated that a spot on the third stage would cost around 70,000 dollars...i'm somewhat sure of that number.