Opeth to support Lamb of God on select Gigantour off-dates.

Pauly's metalheads said:
Opeth is not as good without Lopez's percussion. That's just the way that it is.............but still they are great.

Is your opinion being based upon a live performance that you've seen ???

It's unfair to judge Axe until the next album comes out. Atleast then we'll have a sample of new material without Lopez for which we can make comparisons.

In regards to LOG, there's no doubt that Adler is extremely tight in his delivery, which is probably a result of practicing 5 days a week for the last 15 yrs. I still prefer Lopez for he has/had more style in his play.

Zombi Epidemic said:
Blue_Jay said:
I fuckin love that album. I still say Sacrament is their best yet.

I'm a hardcore LOG fan, and I'm far from an uneducated teen mallcore fan that some of you people seem to think that the average LOG fan is. It's a real shame that some of you are so goddamn condescending and have a holier than thou attitude. Why are some of you so narrow minded is what I ask? I can understand someone checking out a band and then deciding that they simply don't like them, but it seems as though some people on this board have wrote off LOG from what they have heard about them, or even worse, only hearing one song. What a shame......I'm glad I didn't have that attitude with Opeth or I would have never discovered what has become my favorite band.

I've been to two LoG shows, and the average fan is the uneducated mallcore karate kicking teen. Just because we aren't doesn't change the fact that most are.

TheCheese67 said:
Zombi Epidemic said:
I've been to two LoG shows, and the average fan is the uneducated mallcore karate kicking teen. Just because we aren't doesn't change the fact that most are.
And why is it so bad that 'uneducated mallcore karate kicking teens' get into it? I was once a uneducated teen, but I'm 29 now and far removed from my teen years, but I also still LOVE metal and if it wasn't for exciting live bands like LOG, I probably would have missed out on metal or at least not got into it as much. Would you rather them not get into a band and metal just die off? It HAS to bring in new fans to survive. I hate the karate shit myself, but it's great to see the kids getting into metal.

Was Ghost Reveries the best rated or best selling Roadrunner has had this year? either way weird, cause yeah, Opeth is far more talented then fucking LOG, any other artist on roadrunner, and lol most labels for that matter.

I didn't like As the Palaces Burn. I did, however, like Ashes of the Wake. But I recently saw a music video of theirs that is obviously new music and I must say, it is horrible. I mean really horrible. They do put on a good show, though. I saw them last year. Live talent can only go so far, though, when you're playing the shit music that I heard in that video.

the_apostle_in_triumph said:
I didn't like As the Palaces Burn. I did, however, like Ashes of the Wake. But I recently saw a music video of theirs that is obviously new music and I must say, it is horrible. I mean really horrible. They do put on a good show, though. I saw them last year. Live talent can only go so far, though, when you're playing the shit music that I heard in that video.
You must be talking about 'Redneck'. Not one other song on the album sounds like that song.

MixGrafix said:
How can he waste time in his own band?

Okay, let me rephrase it. His talent is being limited.

Like I said, Opeth as a whole rapes LoG in talent. So they aren't flying around like idiots....I personally take accuracy in music over abused stage presence.

I did enjoy LoG on Gigantour....but they just don't need a headlining spot above Opeth because A) a shorter set can please a LoG fan much more so than a Opeth fan and B) It's a joke.

the_apostle_in_triumph said:

Why? Because of the production value? It's production, albiet bad, just fuels the rawness:)goggly: ) of that album, and I'll defend it even if your a 7ft NFL linebacker :Smug: ATPB just destroys any of thier previous or latter work.

It's pure fucking adrenaline.

"and you don't get to keep shit ex -- cept pol-i-tics and power trips and..
a bad breath down your neck
I know
for I have
toiled in the halls ofthe mighty and not recieved
a
teardrop
in
A BUCKET!!!! MUTHER FUCK IT!!!!!!!!!!
The world doesn't owe me athing but you dooooooooooooo"

and what about "Purified" that is one kick ass song, not even metioning "Ruin" and 11th Hour.:erk:

I agree thier new stuff is notsogood though.

I personally take accuracy in music over abused stage presence.

:) :headbang:

to each his own though

IamReptar said:
No. It seems like all LoG fans have horrible taste.

"opeth is teh most boring akt live. dey just stand there." Hardcore LOG fan
lmao @ how accurate that is. a hardcore LoG fan that I spoke to just recently was saying how much better LoG is than Opeth, because LoG is "brutal" whereas Opeth is "not brutal" and therefor inferior. god, fucking one track minds.

MixGrafix said:
M O N E Y

I suppose you are saying this with the confidence that is gained with your many hours of discussions with each member of the band and so you're using your keen insight into the motivations behind the bands touring decisions? Well, then... please feel free to enlighten us with more than a one word answer. I'm on the edge of my seat.

Mr Samsara said:
I suppose you are saying this with the confidence that is gained with your many hours of discussions with each member of the band and so you're using your keen insight into the motivations behind the bands touring decisions? Well, then... please feel free to enlighten us with more than a one word answer. I'm on the edge of my seat.

I have met Peter, Mike, and Martin Axenrot, but that was only for a short time before the gig at the culture room in Fort Lauderdale. Other than that, I do not know what they are thinking. I am saying it is a night where instead of hanging out on a bus or going to a movie that they can make some money by playing a show, and hopefully picking up some more fans and having those new fans maybe pick up the album, and maybe some merchandise. If I was on a tour, and our band could play another show, I would. I am not saying that Opeth are money greedy whores at all. I am just saying that they can pick up some extra folding money to put in their wallets, as well as entertain fans that are not getting a chance to see Gigantour. The whole point of being on tour is to promote the band as much as possible, while making a honest buck to boot. :)

IamReptar said:
Okay, let me rephrase it. His talent is being limited.

Like I said, Opeth as a whole rapes LoG in talent. So they aren't flying around like idiots....I personally take accuracy in music over abused stage presence.

I did enjoy LoG on Gigantour....but they just don't need a headlining spot above Opeth because A) a shorter set can please a LoG fan much more so than a Opeth fan and B) It's a joke.

I agree that Opeth's music is much more complex that Lamb's, but I really don't think that Lamb wants to be Opeth. The are just doing it because they want to. Have you watched either "Killadelphia" or the :Making of Sacrament DVD's"? They are just normal guys making music, and it shows on those vid's. Lamb's album is selling well, and they are on quite a few music magazine covers, and they just have a buzz about them in the music industry overall. The masses can accept Lamb much easier than they can accpet Opeth for the simple fact that Opeth's music is much to complex for the masses. I compare them to Rush in the early 1980's. All incredible musicians, but not everyone who heard their music could get into it. Bands like Rush and Opeth, in my opinion, have a following that area much more "musician" based than "non-musician" based. I think you need to have a little insight and passion to the mechanics of music to be able to understand what Opeth and Rush are trying to convey.

Back to Chris Adler. You do not get the cover of Modern Drummer by being a slouch on the skins. Maybe a side project for Chris Adler would be a nice thing for the non-Log metal fan to see. I personally would like to see a full length drum clinic / practice video from him. What do you think?

MixGrafix said:
I have met Peter, Mike, and Martin Axenrot, but that was only for a short time before the gig at the culture room in Fort Lauderdale. Other than that, I do not know what they are thinking. I am saying it is a night where instead of hanging out on a bus or going to a movie that they can make some money by playing a show, and hopefully picking up some more fans and having those new fans maybe pick up the album, and maybe some merchandise. If I was on a tour, and our band could play another show, I would. I am not saying that Opeth are money greedy whores at all. I am just saying that they can pick up some extra folding money to put in their wallets, as well as entertain fans that are not getting a chance to see Gigantour. The whole point of being on tour is to promote the band as much as possible, while making a honest buck to boot. :)
You make some good points.

Zombi Epidemic said:
You make some good points.

They may have the opportunity to play something other than on the standard Gigantour setlist. I have a feeling that the gig in Philly is going to be off the hook. After conforming to the Gigantour format, and then the chance to play an expanded setlist IMO will give them a chance to release the creative juices that every musician has.

My Opeth Philly Set.

Ghost
TNATSW
Fair Judgement
When
Blackwater Park
Baying of the Hounds
Beneath the Mire
Hours of Wealth
TGC
Demon of the Fall
Face of Melinda
Atonement
Deliverance

MixGrafix said:
I am not saying that Opeth are money greedy whores at all.

Fair enough... but obviously you could tell that your ambiguous could be taken that way... and anyone who would say that could not be any more wrong. Thanks for clarification.

Mr Samsara said:
Fair enough... but obviously you could tell that your ambiguous could be taken that way... and anyone who would say that could not be any more wrong. Thanks for clarification.

No worries Mr. Grand Moderation. I understand how the "M O N E Y" comment can be taken out of context. I think the way most things are written here the writer means it to come out one way, and the reader interprets it totally different.

With the amount of talent that Opeth as musicians posess, I am sure if they were money grubbing whores, they could create a product that could appeal to the masses for sure:i.e. a catchy three chord progression with a 4/4 beat verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, chorus and end with no death vocals. That would fit with the mentality of most people out there. But since they have their own "thing" and are sticking to it, they are favoring artistic integrity, and that is what gives them the most credibility.

Zombi Epidemic said:
Blue_Jay said:
I fuckin love that album. I still say Sacrament is their best yet.

I'm a hardcore LOG fan, and I'm far from an uneducated teen mallcore fan that some of you people seem to think that the average LOG fan is. It's a real shame that some of you are so goddamn condescending and have a holier than thou attitude. Why are some of you so narrow minded is what I ask? I can understand someone checking out a band and then deciding that they simply don't like them, but it seems as though some people on this board have wrote off LOG from what they have heard about them, or even worse, only hearing one song. What a shame......I'm glad I didn't have that attitude with Opeth or I would have never discovered what has become my favorite band.

After a nice toasty buzz on Friday night, I decided to listen to Sacrament in it's entirty front to back, with my headphones, some munchies on my nice cozy lazy boy. All I can say is wow. I for one do not judge about they style of music that one creates, I just accept what the band is doing and either like it (Lamb of God), or not like it (Dragonforce).

(People have said that Lamb wants to be the new Pantera. I say, why not? With that slot been empty for this long, the masses need a group that appeals to there musical taste. Godsmack could have taken Pantera's place, but lack that aggression that Pantera had.)

Especially with the new "collective sing a long" chorus parts, (Can we still be saved..... Hell NO!) that will ingrane in the minds of people, and they will remember the songs. Props to Machine for helping Lamb to create an album that will go down as one of Lamb's best. Being a drummer, the production of the drums on this album are nothing less that brilliant. The crisp snare, the punchy bass drums, and the clarity of the cymbals make this record twice as enjoyable.

Also, whether or not you like Randy's vocals, they are interesting in the fact that even though he is screaming, you can still understand his annunciation of most of the words by the second run through.

Go ahead and flame me, but I am still a bigger fan of Opeth than Lamb.