Opeth: Watershed

I think Watershed and GR have many differencies and it's not hard at all to say which song is from which album. The drumming alone is different enough in my opinion.

^ Regardless, with that kind of mentality he shouldn't even bother listening to Opeth :lol:

i actually really loved the whole Damnation album and couple of other songs

and i believe that if i don't like a song as a whole i'm not missing anything
i'm sure you all don't like alot of bands because of a variety of reasons
i think my is legitimate as all of em :p

Opinions are allowed I guess, yes... But everyone should give growling vocals a change sometime.

I was never a big fan of those kinds of vocals either, but I figured that as so many awesome bands use them, I could get used to them over time. And what happens? I learn to even LIKE them. That's the way human mind is I guess..

Opinions are allowed I guess, yes... But everyone should give growling vocals a change sometime.

I was never a big fan of those kinds of vocals either, but I figured that as so many awesome bands use them, I could get used to them over time. And what happens? I learn to even LIKE them. That's the way human mind is I guess..

Exactly the same for me. As my metal head friend said to me the first time I listened to Opeth:

Suck it up, you pussy.:lol:

i like albums which show me how the band has moved on, with the last album, i thought the biggest change was the production, which was spot on, crisp tight and really brought out the best bits of the songs. in this new album, i can't see anything has really changed, if you dropped the tracks in to a playlist with the tracks from ghost reveries and shuffled it, an unknowing listener would struggle to identify which tracks were the new ones and which were old.

That's pretty much just not true.

i actually really loved the whole Damnation album and couple of other songs

and i believe that if i don't like a song as a whole i'm not missing anything
i'm sure you all don't like alot of bands because of a variety of reasons
i think my is legitimate as all of em :p

Look up Antimatter if you haven't yet. I only have Planetary Confinement and that album owns. You'd dig the fuck outta it.
http://www.myspace.com/antimatterband
go there and listen to weight of the world and legions.

I have been listening to Watershed like mad, and I am really, REALLY starting to love it. It is just blowing me away. The more I listen to Axe's drumming, too, the more I start to appreciate it. Definitely earned my respect and is the perfect choice for Opeth's music.

I will check out Antimatter. I am planning on picking up some Katatonia stuff, which I believe is along the same lines (judging by what Ken has just said).

EDIT: Btw, in comparing Watershed and GR, I'd definitely say that there's a distinct difference between the two. I find Watershed uses a lot of different chords, and chord progressions than most of their older material. I hear more "happy/sad" sounding chords throughout the album, rather than dark, scary chords... but those are still present of course.