Opeth's new album title!

OMG! I think I found one of the cover design sketches?!

opeth_cover.jpg

I really hope that's just work in progress :-( It doesn't have quite the same eerie atmosphere as the earlier releases I think.

If that was the album art/title, I'll bet a bunch of fans would still be on here discussing the "exciting change of direction" and whatnot

hol·o·caust(hl-kôst, hl-)
n.
1. Great destruction resulting in the extensive loss of life, especially by fire.
a. Holocaust The genocide of European Jews and others by the Nazis during World War II: "Israel emerged from the Holocaust and is defined in relation to that catastrophe" Emanuel Litvinoff.
b. A massive slaughter: "an important document in the so-far sketchy annals of the Cambodian holocaust" Rod Nordland.
3. A sacrificial offering that is consumed entirely by flames.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/holocaust

OMG! I think I found one of the cover design sketches?!

opeth_cover.jpg

I really hope that's just work in progress :-( It doesn't have quite the same eerie atmosphere as the earlier releases I think.

now awaiting the onslaught of people who believe you

hahahahhaha!! funniest thread ever..

we should make a new thread where all the photoshoppers can post their CD-artwork for the "pinksuit" album!

:rofl:

euh....okay .... :p

I didn't actually mean the jewish Holocaust (and we Europeans ARE allowed to think about it! we and everybody has to actually), but still, I didn't see the connection between atomic bombs and a holocaust (indeed A holocaust, because there are more!). But it turns out that holocaust literally means mass destruction mainly by fire, so it is more accurate than I thought ;)
I associate holocaust more with genocide, and an atomic bomb isn't exactly fit for that purpose :p ... oh well, stupid post this, sorry.

You ARE allowed to think about it, and actually should. The horrible holucaust of ww2 shouldn't be forgotten. Sorry for being a teacher, but seing all the anti-jewism in the world, it does make me frightened a bit...

:0

That's what I thought, too. Then I thought a bunch of dead Jews would be more appropriate. But then I remembered Europeans aren't even supposed to think about dead Jews, much less paste photos of dead Jew bodies onto photos of the moon. So I guess I just got you all in trouble then. Damned Americans.

Hey, how'd you feel if people talked about your people like that.

This is an international free forum, not the Opeth-Nazis online community, lets keep it that way please

Dude, please, either chill out or go post on some Israeli board. No one attacked you or me, or anyone else.