Opeth's worst song

Originally posted by Hearse
Oh my god! How can you vote for all those good songs!
Like The Twilight is my Robe, which is one of the best songs of Opeth. And all you who vote for Dirge of November think that Patterns in Ivy's 1.30 acoustic piece is better?

If I have to choose one and if I don't count those rehearsal tapes.
I would say; Patterns In The Ivy. Its a dull song played alone. But if you listen the whole album as whole, it fits there. It just doesn't work when you play it alone.

Yes I think patterns in the ivy is better than dirge for november. Ironically, patterns in the ivy was the FIRST opeth song I heard. yeah, bwPark introduced me to the band, so what. And i really don't hate the song blackwater park, I just think it's slighly worse then the rest of their work. Like if I gave a rating to all of their songs blackwater park would be 4.9 stars and the rest would be 5 :lol:

Originally posted by terrymx
demon of the fall suck cock!

*choke**gag**cough* ...wha??!!
How can an Opeth fan (if you are) say that Demon of the Fall is bad? I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but thats just ridiculous!

...and I agree that the riff when the distortion kicks on Dirge is possibly the best BWP riff but it can't save the song in my eyes.
I like patterns in the ivy better, its way too short, but too beautiful to ignore. Bleak was the first Opeth song I heard and got me into them but its beauty for me has faded somewhat.

Amen Corner & Demon? Whats wrong with you people?

I personally have never heard "Eternal Soul Torture" so I cant judge it.

I'd say the small instrumentals cant be counted as worst songs ...they are just there for a break in the action to the next masterpiece so to speak.

I'd say Benighted and Harvest are good ,but my least favorite....

BTW - Dirge rules

Still Life is my least favourite Opeth album....many of the songs aren't exactly TOO PHENOMENAL IMO. Like The Moor, I don't see what all the fuss is about....Moonlapse's intro is phenomenal but the rest of the song didn't strike me as anything special.

So, can't pick out anything in particular at the moment, but if I were to find one...it would most likely be from Still Life.

And I agree with the statement that Orchid & Morningrise are untouchable....damn straight, man! Damn straight......

Eternal Ear Torture has pieces from Advent in it...so I can't insult it.

If I had to choose, I know it'd be something off of BWP.