worst music transition...

Apr 7, 2002
Visit site
just a bit curious, and sorry if this is a little non-Opeth related, but.....what was the worst music that u used to listen to...now i dont mean just one song that u hear and thought it was garbage....but what was the worst group (or single person) u used to listen to.... (or still do)

hopefully...nobody bothers to read this part.,...but...mine was the.....

backstreet boys.... :headbang: hardcore fuckin shit....

:cry:

Taken by the Reaper, I CAST THEE OUT HEATHEN!

Nah, just kidding. I used to listen to Green Day a bit. I still occasionally pop in The Offspring when I feel like it. Eh, no accounting for tastes.

But you know what? For some strange reason, I still really like Garbage. I mean, not just a little, but a lot. Maybe it's my infatuation with Shirley Manson....

Offspring...
pukeface.gif

blush.gif

Embarrasingly enough - Savage Garden...used to be somewhat of a pop fan.

And in some ways I still am, just prefer the more dreamy/lush/heavily-layered stuff.

Umm I started with Korn, LimpBizkit and your standard nu-metal and punk acts that were big at the time... this led into Soulfly, Sepultura, Slayer... then after a year, In Flames, Meshuggah and then finally Opeth.

Moonlapse said:
Umm I started with Korn, LimpBizkit and your standard nu-metal and punk acts that were big at the time... this led into Soulfly, Sepultura, Slayer... then after a year, In Flames, Meshuggah and then finally Opeth.

yeah, thats almost exactly the same path my musical tastes took

where in melbourne are you from btw?

Marilyn Manson's Antichrist Superstar album was once my favourite album! Some years before that I was into Crash Test Dummies ("mm mmm mm mmm")...

Reactions: LiB
I had a really weird transitionary period... I started off listening to my dad's AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath and Jimi Hendrix vinyls, then met a couple of people in secondary school who got me into Faith No More, Korn, Metallica and Nirvana, then I just suddenly decided to try and find as many bands I hadn't previously heard of as possible - so I impulse bought albums by Morbid Angel, EyeHateGod, Obituary, Katatonia, Napalm Death and Nasum...

So I'm pretty much into everything still, because of all that. I'm as happy listening to Less Than Jake as I am to Dying Fetus. As long as it's got guitars in it, I'll listen to it, pretty much.

Although I do still have an occasional tendency to listen to techno music... also I'm moderately partial to The Chemical Brothers... hehehe

lets see.......I don't really ahve anything embarassing....I was into grunge and the likes until I got into metal in 94....so not too worries about it :p

Static said:
I still listen to some of the older Offspring stuff, its a fun listen! :zombie:
Heh, the thing with The Offspring is that I'm still kind of an expert on it since I used to have every one of their albums, so I could tell you everything about each of them (everything before SMASH was fantastic, SMASH was a little TOO monotonous for my tastes, XNAY is probably their strongest and most varied album, and everything after that is a fucking trainwreck). When I try to listen to it today, especially the newer stuff, it kind of strikes me as being a little TOO "happy" and, quite frankly, annoying. I listened to their latest album, CONSPIRACY OF ONE, and was floored by how all the songs sounded the same... I'm glad I don't listen to that stuff anymore but hey, to each his own...

i had a limp bizkit song, and a korn song, and a metallica one. after about 3 listens each of the others i decided they were shit in comparison to metallica, so i deleted them and became a huuge metallica fan. after that, i discovered maiden and iced earth and loved them for a while, and that led on to in flames, and all the other stuff. ive gradually added bands to my collection, and i hate nu metal now.

Everyone keeps saying Korn...like its embarassing....Say what you will, but I remember getting their first album the day it came out and there was NOTHING like it out there at the time! I remember going to death metal shows around that time and seeing long-haired death metallers in Korn shirts....it was nothing to be embarassed about at the time.....granted they were a joke after that album, but I am not afraid to admit that I bought that album, enjoyed, and still enjoy it 9 years later.......holy shit I'm getting old..........

KoRn, yeah...and Limp Bizkit, I was into hippity hoppity before I got into all this guitar stuff, so them and RATM were a nice transition. I only listen to stuff like Roots Maunva in the hip hop field now though...I'm so fed up of people telling me how much money they made and how many "bitches" they've been with...funny that I like Eminem though. Kill me now. :D I was into a lot of dodgy stuff before I found myself some taste. Anyone here from England remember The Artful Dodger ("Craig David all over your DICK" and all that)? You know what I'm talking about. Hehehe.