Original/Creative Bands

Creative bands?

Devin Townsend Band, Solefald, Diabolical Masquerade, In The Woods..., Arcturus, Fantomas, etc.

Some of the most creative bands in my opinion are:

Rage Against the Machine - Considered Rap Metal which I hate that they are lumped into that group. They were a very unique band w/ many political views.

Misfits - First to mix Horror content w/ punk rock music.

Black Sabbath - Created Heavy Metal in my opinion 'nuff said.

Sepultura - First band to mix thrash/death metal with tribal stuff. If Max would of stayed I would be interested to see where they would of went with that mix.

Those are just a few right off of the top of my head.

Nice link, will be good for me to get some info on all the bands I keep on having to google everytime I hear about them.

Sepultura - First band to mix thrash/death metal with tribal stuff. If Max would of stayed I would be interested to see where they would of went with that mix.

It's called Soulfly :)

I like the direction he took...dabbled in tribal, rap, slower songs and clean vocals, mexican and latin influences...reggae kinda...(in The Prophecy)

Scott

Soulfly makes dumb music. Something like this is not even subjective.

>>>Soulfly makes dumb music. Something like this is not even subjective.

Whatever.

Are you sure you didn't just try out a couple of bad songs from thier first CD and make a blanket generalization?

I used to think the same, and gave them another chance, and they really do a good job of writing good music to head band too. Helps that I like variety though - they do a good job of changing styles and pace while maintaining their metalness.

The first 5 songs off the Prophecy are just brutal - I don't see how anyone can listen to them and not head bang.

Scott

noitcefrepdewalf said:
speaking of tribal...how bout the reggae metal band Skindred i find them funny and innovative-ish

I never had the guts to buy/listen to their CD. I figured they were a one hit mainstream metal wonder.

Scitt

SlipKnoT influenced a lot of young musicians, with the mix of heavy riffs, aggressive lyrics and very fast drumming, they made the late 90's a better place to be for lovers of metal music.
Iron Maiden and Motorhead still carry on the original old-school metal ideal
Static-X have a very unique style, and so do Mushroomhead and Fear Factory have a mix of different styles.