Original/Creative Bands

The Greys said:
Soulfly makes dumb music. Something like this is not even subjective.

agreed 100%

Max should've stuck with Sepultura, Roots non-withstanding.

I don't see a need for bringing Soulfly up. Even on Morbid Visions Sepultura mixed tribal rythyms with metal, Soulfly just mixed new Sepultura with Korn.

why talk about soulfly on the original/creative bands thing if no one seems to like them?

i'd have to say KISS was original and creative :lol: i mean look at them

o and Dio was original...not the band...Ronnie James Dio because he created this: :headbang:

Narg n Lamb said:
what happened to Opeth on that list?

Opeth are certainly original but their influence on other bands is very limited. Most copycats are rarely successful.

There is only one Opeth. Accept no substitutes! :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

noitcefrepdewalf said:
damn the nitpicking ehh whatever...either i wanted to use the word...thank you for that tidbit (haha tidbit is a funny word) of pointless information :kickass:

You're welcome dude :kickass: :kickass:

On Topic:

Mithras, a band just recomended to me by VVVVV seems very original, which is especially out of the ordinary, because they are brutal death.

This seems to be another "best/most influencial metal bands ever" thread, like the one MasterOfLightning did.

Should there be a new thread to discuss CURRENTLY innovative bands?

Décadent said:
This seems to be another "best/most influencial metal bands ever" thread, like the one MasterOfLightning did.

Should there be a new thread to discuss CURRENTLY innovative bands?
My thread was better :). I was thinking about actually doing one for the most important current bands, since every band on the other list is either split-up or past their prime. The current ones would be much harder to decide.

I think using the numbered list actually facilitated a lot debate and good conversation, whereas threads like this one just turn into people just naming a whole lot of bands without actually engaging the reasons for them.