OT - Attn. Wrestling Fans

Supposedly they (WWE) was upset that he never informed them of the parole thing. I'm sure it (as all of the other appearances) were just one off deals.

i thought marty was with them almost a month before these problems came up

The episode of RAW that they filmed over here airs after Armageddon, and Randy Orton still had the title with him when they filmed, so that is a pretty good clue that he retains it at Armageddon. Just figured I would throw that in there.

We previously reported that Spike TV would air an one-hour TNA special in January. It has now been confirmed that the special will air on 1/18 at 9PM. Dave Meltzer is reporting that the show is based around a double title match with Kurt Angle defending both the IWGP and TNA titles against Yuji Nagata, which takes place 1/4 at the Tokyo Dome.

- Samoa Joe's mic being cut off at the tapings was gimmicked for those that don't know. TNA is trying to play off of the Promo at Turning Point. The most common response by fans who thought that the Joe thing was a work was because "TNA didn't cut his mic off" so when he began his promo cutting into TNA they cut his mic to give a feel of it being a "real shoot".

- Brother Devon has been very vocal in the past about returning to WWE. Although both of them have a lot of irons in the fire in the Sunshine state in the way of outside interests, the team is believed to be strongly for making a last run at the "top". Brother Devon has his Smoothie Stores in Melbourne, Florida and Brother Ray has his gyms and they both have a stake in the school they opened just about a year ago however, something has changed and they are both on board for returning to WWE.

We previously reported that Spike TV would air an one-hour TNA special in January. It has now been confirmed that the special will air on 1/18 at 9PM. Dave Meltzer is reporting that the show is based around a double title match with Kurt Angle defending both the IWGP and TNA titles against Yuji Nagata, which takes place 1/4 at the Tokyo Dome.
TNA wrestlers back in a 4 sided ring. Interesting.

Samoa Joe's mic being cut off at the tapings was gimmicked for those that don't know. TNA is trying to play off of the Promo at Turning Point. The most common response by fans who thought that the Joe thing was a work was because "TNA didn't cut his mic off" so when he began his promo cutting into TNA they cut his mic to give a feel of it being a "real shoot".
Dear Vince Russo, Eat a dick. You helped the Titanic that was WCW sink alot faster with this kinda crap.

- Brother Devon has been very vocal in the past about returning to WWE. Although both of them have a lot of irons in the fire in the Sunshine state in the way of outside interests, the team is believed to be strongly for making a last run at the "top". Brother Devon has his Smoothie Stores in Melbourne, Florida and Brother Ray has his gyms and they both have a stake in the school they opened just about a year ago however, something has changed and they are both on board for returning to WWE.
Thats if they even want them back.

Former WWF, WCW, and ECW diva Tammy Lynn Sytch (aka Sunny) told the Fight Network last week that she didn't want to jinx anything, but she did speak to some important people in WWE, and said of a possible return to the company, "you never know." She did indicate that she would like to have one more run. Sytch said she was first contacted about being apart of the Raw anniversary two weeks before the show, and was told by Howard Finkel to keep it a secret so that it would be a surprise. She said she was quite surprised that WWE's web site announced her return, and apparently, Finkel was shocked as well. Sytch, 35, credits her return to her Sunny body to her boyfriend for encouraging her to return to the gym and dietingFormer WWF, WCW, and ECW diva Tammy Lynn Sytch (aka Sunny) told the Fight Network last week that she didn't want to jinx anything, but she did speak to some important people in WWE, and said of a possible return to the company, "you never know." She did indicate that she would like to have one more run. Sytch said she was first contacted about being apart of the Raw anniversary two weeks before the show, and was told by Howard Finkel to keep it a secret so that it would be a surprise. She said she was quite surprised that WWE's web site announced her return, and apparently, Finkel was shocked as well. Sytch, 35, credits her return to her Sunny body to her boyfriend for encouraging her to return to the gym and dieting.

The Rock and Rave Infection is scheduled to be built towards a feud with LAX to keep the Christy Hemme Storyline running and then rumors are strong that the team will be split up after putting LAX over. As previously noted, Rave is not under contract and unless things change, is unlikely to be with the company long after. As for where that would leave Hoyt in all of this, that is anyone's guess. All that is known is that TNA is dropping most of their Male/Female partnerships and reserving those storylines for the likes of Booker/Sharmel and the Angles.

The Rock and Rave Infection is scheduled to be built towards a feud with LAX to keep the Christy Hemme Storyline running and then rumors are strong that the team will be split up after putting LAX over. As previously noted, Rave is not under contract and unless things change, is unlikely to be with the company long after. As for where that would leave Hoyt in all of this, that is anyone's guess. All that is known is that TNA is dropping most of their Male/Female partnerships and reserving those storylines for the likes of Booker/Sharmel and the Angles.

tna signed every old used up wrestler but won't sign rave, wow. thats why this company is sinking fast. put LAX over? they already get one of the biggest pops in the company. is daniels really fired?

Interesting article about the Benoit family's lawsuit against the WWE. I agree with Ryder on this one. Even though I believe that concussions contributed to the tragedy, Benoit's family lawyer is trying to extort money from WWE. As far as I know, familes of deceased wrestlers have never been able to sue the company unless the death occured while in the ring or on the job, as in the case of Owen Hart. Also, there is no conclusive proof that the concussions were the only, or even the main cause of Benoit's actions.

http://www.1wrestling.com/news/newsline.asp?news=30796

Interesting article about the Benoit family's lawsuit against the WWE. I agree with Ryder on this one. Even though I believe that concussions contributed to the tragedy, Benoit's family lawyer is trying to extort money from WWE. As far as I know, familes of deceased wrestlers have never been able to sue the company unless the death occured while in the ring or on the job, as in the case of Owen Hart. Also, there is no conclusive proof that the concussions were the only, or even the main cause of Benoit's actions.

http://www.1wrestling.com/news/newsline.asp?news=30796

This is sad, could it have been the concussions? Perhaps, but I think there were more factors involved. I saw the Triple H dvd that came out after his first quad tear. They of course showed the match in which he gets injured which was against Jericho and Benoit. Its the first time that I've seen him wrestle since everything went down earlier this year. Unfortunately he looked like a monster to me, I couldn't stop thinking about his wife and kid.

- Former WWE diva hopeful Carmella DeCesare (linked to Tampa Bay quarterback Jeff Garcia) has been named the Sexiest celebrity sports wives/girlfriends of
[active] US athletes, according to coedmagazine.com

- Greg "The Hammer" Valentine has been telling people he's in the movie "The Wrestler," with Mickey Rourke (instead of Nicholas Cage).

- Speaking of movies, Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) will start filming "Witch Mountain" in Las Vegas next month. The movie is slated for a March 2009 release.

- Gangrel, who is now directing adult films, has a wrestling themed movie called "Rated XPW" in the works. The film will star Mary Carey, a friend of Chyna's.

- "Superstar" Bill Graham is putting on an art show with paintings of Afghan women, children in poverty, and Taliban control. The hall of famer hopes to have the art displayed next spring or summer in a New York gallery.

Old wrestler that the doctors say "should never wrestle again" looks to step back in the ring for 1 more payday.
Something like that.

Anybody read the Impact script that leaked?

This is sad, could it have been the concussions? Perhaps, but I think there were more factors involved. I saw the Triple H dvd that came out after his first quad tear. They of course showed the match in which he gets injured which was against Jericho and Benoit. Its the first time that I've seen him wrestle since everything went down earlier this year. Unfortunately he looked like a monster to me, I couldn't stop thinking about his wife and kid.

It could have been concussions, it could have been drugs, it could have been undiagnosed mental illness, it could have been a lot of things. Unfortunately, we'll never know the real reason or reasons for what happened. I personally never bought into the "roid rage" excuse. Seemed to lazy to diagnose "roid rage", when the whole story had just broken.

In my opinion, which admittedly isn't worth shit when it comes to medical issues, it was probably a combination of many things.

It's a shame that Benoit's work in the business wll always be tainted by his final actions. He truly was one of the best workers ever and now he's pretty much been erased from wrestling history.