OT - Attn. Wrestling Fans

Bobby Lashley released from WWE?
Former ECW champion Bobby Lashley supposedly posted an announcement on his official Web site stating that he has been released from WWE.

I say “supposedly” because there is no way to be certain that this actually was written by Lashley, even though it was posted on his “official” site. If you look at the forums on bobbylashleyonline.com, there are now several people posting there claiming to be “the real Bobby Lashley.”

A WWE spokesman told me that he has heard nothing about Lashley being released, and his bio still is up on WWE’s Web site.

Lashley has been out of action since last July with a shoulder injury. Prior to that, he had been getting a major push, including participating in the heavily hyped Vince McMahon-Donald Trump angle at WrestleMania 23.

Despite WWE getting behind him, Lashley has never connected with the audience at the level WWE had been hoping for. His freakish physique also has been scrutinized in light of steroids and drug testing in pro wrestling making headlines.

A few months ago, Kristal Marshall, who reportedly is dating Lashley, was released by WWE despite being involved in a major story line on Smackdown.

If Lashley has indeed been released, there’s a possibility that he would follow the same path as Brock Lesnar, whom he has often been compared to, and embark on an MMA career. In an interview I conducted with Lashley last March, he said that he would be doing MMA if he hadn’t gone into pro wrestling.

- In a recent interview with the Winnipeg Sun, Chris Jericho was asked about TNA. "I have respect for them starting up and existing this long, but for me, my dream was always to work in the WWE. It took nine years to get there and, creatively, I left on very good terms, I had no axe to grind with Vince and no agenda. Unless he told me to go to hell, there was no change I'd go to TNA," Jericho said.

- Apparently the Major Brothers (Edge Heads) came up in a recent booking meeting. Vince McMahon wasn't aware of the fact that they aren't really brothers, and asked why they were being pushed as such? It was this meeting that Vince told the creative team to come up with different ring names for the "brothers." Hornswoggle isn't really Vince's son, is he?

- Mike Johnson is reporting that TNA currently plans to only hold 2 PPV events in Orlando, FL this year.

- Shawn Daivari's 90-day no-compete clause with WWE expired in the middle of January. In a recent interview Daivari expressed interest in signing with TNA but there is no word if TNA has intrest in him as well.

- Mike Johnson is reporting that TNA currently plans to only hold 2 PPV events in Orlando, FL this year.

- Shawn Daivari's 90-day no-compete clause with WWE expired in the middle of January. In a recent interview Daivari expressed interest in signing with TNA but there is no word if TNA has intrest in him as well.

daivari's decent enough with some more training he could be good in the x division

Dave Meltzer is reporting that writer Dave Lagana, who has been a head writer for both Smackdown and ECW, was let go today by WWE. Lagana had been with the company since 2002. No reason was given for his departure.

Dave Meltzer is reporting that writer Dave Lagana, who has been a head writer for both Smackdown and ECW, was let go today by WWE. Lagana had been with the company since 2002. No reason was given for his departure.

the horrible storylines are good enough reason

- Wrestling giant sues Athens hangover pill maker. Alleges distributor reneged on $1 million agreement. World Wrestling Entertainment, the producer of Wrestlemania, has sued an Athens company that markets a hangover pill, alleging the company failed to pay for a sponsorship agreement worth more than $1 million.

trish.jpg

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Vince McMahon has given his approval for a storyline involving incest. The angle would involve Ohio Valley Wrestling wrestlers Katie Lea and Paul Burchill. The angle would likely take place on either ECW or Raw, because there is some concern that it would get the wrong kind of heat if it were to take place on SmackDown -- which is on network television.

McMahon has wanted to do an incest angle for years. He once suggested that he be the father of his daughter Stephanie's baby. As revealed on the McMahon DVD, Stephanie turned down the angle. According to her, Vince was to reveal himself as the father of her baby; when she said no, he pushed for Shane to be the father, but he turned that idea down as well.

The incest idea was first batted around in 1999 where Ken Shamrock and Ryan Shamrock (his storyline sister) would end up as lovers. Ken nixed the idea and that was the beginning of the end of his push at the time. There is some irony in the angle as Ken and Ryan ended up as a real-life couple at around the same time frame. Later that year in May 1999, Headbanger Mosh was renamed "Beaver Cleavage," a reference to the TV series Leave It to Beaver. He appeared in black-and-white vignettes with his "mother," fitness model Marianna Komlos portraying "Mrs. Cleavage." The two would exchange sexual innuendos (e.g. Mrs. Cleavage would offer Beaver some of "Mother's milk" when he complained that his cereal was dry). After one in-ring appearance, the gimmick was scrapped. A few weeks later, they did a backstage segment where Mosh said that his real name was Chaz. He ridiculed the Beaver Cleavage gimmick and identified "Mrs. Cleavage" as his girlfriend, Marianna Komlos, in a "shoot-style" interview.

and you thought the storylines in WWE couldn't get any worse...

- Mike Johnson reports that local Georgia Wrestler Austin Creed who teamed with Ron Killings at Bound for Glory is scheduled to make his TNA return at the Against All Odds PPV

- Mike Johnson reports that local Georgia Wrestler Austin Creed who teamed with Ron Killings at Bound for Glory is scheduled to make his TNA return at the Against All Odds PPV

good he's an awesome wrestler and i was hoping he wouyld be back with tna. he could be in the x or heavyweight division and tna needs some younger versatile talent

So, Vince is pushing the incest storyline again. This boy obviously wants to fuck his daughter! Why else would he be so obsessed with incest? He's been pushing for this angle for a decade now.