OT - Attn. Wrestling Fans

J.R. Agrees to New Two Year Contract with the WWE.
Filed under: Wrestling — on January 18, 2008
A new, two year contract has been signed between Jim Ross and World Wrestling Entertainment. Ross, a 34 year veteran of pro wrestling/sports entertainment, is a member of the WWE Hall of Fame and has been with the company since debuting at Wrestlemania 9 in 1993. Ross and his fellow WWE Hall of Fame partner, Jerry “the King” Lawler, comprise the broadcast team on the WWE’s longest running, flagship broadcast, “Monday Night Raw” which airs live on the USA Cable Network every Monday night at 9/8 central time and globally in over 100 countries. No other details on the terms of the contract have been released.

This is a segment from a recent interview with Sid Vicious...

*However, Sid seems very pleased with how his career has played out overall. “In the last ten or fifteen years in this business, not many people have been as successful as I have. I’ve had successful runs everywhere I’ve went. Almost as long as I’ve been in the business I’ve been successful … Anytime where I’ve been put in the position where I could be successful, I have. And I’ve been more successful than Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, Rock, and all those guys. Those guys right there I just mentioned only had one great run. They didn’t have a bunch of good runs, they only had one. And that’s the difference between me and a lot of different people.”*

He really believes that he has been more successful than Hogan, Austin, and The Rock? Those are three of the biggest names in the history of the business! He's spent the last ten years rehabbing a broken leg! Sid has seriously lost it!:lol:

This is a segment from a recent interview with Sid Vicious...

*However, Sid seems very pleased with how his career has played out overall. “In the last ten or fifteen years in this business, not many people have been as successful as I have. I’ve had successful runs everywhere I’ve went. Almost as long as I’ve been in the business I’ve been successful … Anytime where I’ve been put in the position where I could be successful, I have. And I’ve been more successful than Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, Rock, and all those guys. Those guys right there I just mentioned only had one great run. They didn’t have a bunch of good runs, they only had one. And that’s the difference between me and a lot of different people.”*

He really believes that he has been more successful than Hogan, Austin, and The Rock? Those are three of the biggest names in the history of the business! He's spent the last ten years rehabbing a broken leg! Sid has seriously lost it!:lol:

agreed

Sponsors for last year's WrestleMania - 360 OTC - have been sued by WWE for failing to pay their sponsorship deal which
amounts to a whooping $1,176,470. 360 OTC's parent company have since switched names IAHL Corporation and WWE has also sued Air, Sea and Ground,
Inc., and Rockford-Montgomery Labs, Inc., who are associated with the sponsorship deal. WWE gave 360 OTC their best placements during the road to WrestleMania with print, online and television ads and billed the product as
the 'official pain relief' for WrestleMania 23. While the company admits that it still owes payment, WWE says they still refuse to pay. WWE is asking
for a full payment, percentage of profits that 360 OTC did from their WWE deal, court costs and for the company to stop using WWE intellectual properties on their website to promote any products. The lawsuit was filed
in Georgia last week. (thanks to Colin Vassallo)

WWE did promote the fuck out of 360 OTC last year. I wonder if they still didn't make any money?

TNA womans Matches are The Best. Makes WWE Matches look Like Shit. Same With The guys TNA Matches

i'd have to say though the AAA womens matches are better. if you have directv you have the gala channel 404 and it shows the lucha libre AAA wrestling that konan helps run. its the best wrestling show right now IMO. better than wwe or TNA

- It appears former ECW star Roadkill has gone AWOL from WWE's developmental territory Ohio Valley Wrestling in Louisville, KY. Roadkill appears to have major heat. He was coming to the shows, and wasn't being used. Roadkill missed the last few OVW shows

Damn, Umaga's Samoan Drop on Brian Kendrick looked rough! Looked like Kendrick took most of Umaga's weight!

i'd have to say though the AAA womens matches are better. if you have directv you have the gala channel 404 and it shows the lucha libre AAA wrestling that konan helps run. its the best wrestling show right now IMO. better than wwe or TNA
I watch it sometimes for a laugh but I just can't get into it at all. The main event type matches are sometimes really good but there's like 2 hours of some of the goofiest shit I've ever seen before that. Too many wrinkled little old men in masks for my liking.

I watch it sometimes for a laugh but I just can't get into it at all. The main event type matches are sometimes really good but there's like 2 hours of some of the goofiest shit I've ever seen before that. Too many wrinkled little old men in masks for my liking.

those wrinkled old men still do tons of aerial moves. you have to understand luchadore wrestling. its a style on its on and the matches in AAA are exactly what the style of it is. lots of flipping and aerial moves, no finishing moves, getting crowd reactions, flying out the ring when you are hit and someone else on your team comes in, lots of arm drags, a setup where each person does something crazy to the outside of the ring. or they have everyone in at one time and bloody everyone up with waepons

I understand luchadore wrestling (I've watched it for years), I just don't like it much. A lot of my favorite wrestlers got their start in that promo, and I respect it but it just doesn't do it for me.