OT - Attn. Wrestling Fans

The return of The Big Show
The WWE roster reportedly is about to get a big addition. According to The Wrestling Observer, The Big Show has agreed to a new contract and will be starting soon.

The Big Show was last seen in WWE in December 2006. After a five-month run as ECW champion, Big Show dropped the belt to Bobby Lashley and announced that he needed a hiatus to heal up from multiple injuries.

During his absence from wrestling, he was actually training to become a professional boxer, but apparently has had a change of heart. The Wrestling Observer reported that Big Show has lost considerable weight and is said to be around 440 pounds.

I was never a huge fan of Big Show as a performer, but he does have value, especially if he is healthy, in shape and motivated. Big Show would give WWE another main-event-level wrestler, and he would be somewhat of a fresh character after being off television for over a year.

The Wrestling Observer did not speculate on a time frame for his return or which brand he would join. One scenario would be for Big Show to be a surprise entrant into the Royal Rumble match on Jan. 27, which would then allow him to be booked at WrestleMania XXIV. The other school of thought would be to debut him right after WrestleMania.

If WWE is planning to make Big Show part of its big extravaganza on March 30, one potential opponent might be Hulk Hogan. It’s no secret that Show and Hogan have long been allies behind the scenes. The problem with that match would be coming up with a finish. Hogan most likely would want to slam Big Show and drop the big leg on him for the pin, but it wouldn’t make sense for Big Show to lose clean so early in his comeback, especially to someone who wouldn’t be sticking around past the one match.

Vince McMahon has cancelled the Randy Savage and Sting DVDs that were listed for a 2008 release.

The DVDs were originally scheduled after WWE producer Kevin Dunn's television department released a list of planned 2008 releases to distributors. However, they did so with out the permission of Vince McMahon and the creative team. When McMahon found out about the plans for the Randy Savage & Sting DVDs, he immediately nixed both projects.

The DVDs got on the drawing board because McMahon didn't think they were making enough first-run DVD releases. He wanted DVDs on new major legends. However, the problem is that they've pretty much through everyone who would be marketable from the past. And the feeling is anyone pre-1984 such as Bruno Sammartino, that audience is so far gone that they wouldn't sell. They've pretty much run though every major star of the past 23 years, with the exception of Sting and Randy Savage.

It's not exactly known as to why McMahon nixed the Savage DVD, but it's been long rumored that there is some bad blood between the two individuals. Regarding the cancellation of the Sting DVD, it's because he's currently under contract to TNA.

you knew it was going to happen because jeff hardy is a stuntman monkey and not a wrestler

After this weeks latest stunt, I'm having a hard time disagreeing with you. That was absolutely insane and unnessesary. There's no need for them to take it that far. One or both of them could have been seriously hurt or even killed if Hardy hadn't landed it just right.

After this weeks latest stunt, I'm having a hard time disagreeing with you. That was absolutely insane and unnessesary. There's no need for them to take it that far. One or both of them could have been seriously hurt or even killed if Hardy hadn't landed it just right.

I guess they finally trust Jeff.
If they didn't they wouldn't let him do stuff like that where he could possibly wipe one of the main events for the rumble, off the card.

Maybe enough to win the Title?

yeah theres a difference between someone who's a good wrestler but they have a lot of memorable gimmick matches (hbk come to mind as someone who is a great wrestler but a lot of his famous matches are gimmick matches) and someone who is known for nothing but high spots and gimmick matches like jeff hardy

Speaking of dangerous moves...

Brock Lesnar reportedly blamed Johnny Ace and Jim Ross for his botched Wrestlemania Shooting Star Press and is said to have commented that Ross told him that the match needed a 'Wrestlemania Moment'. Responding to Lesnar's comments in a blog on his official website, Jim Ross said "That assertion is just plain stupid".

Ross continued, "Even when I was in charge of talent relations I never got involved in match structure. The WWE provided Lesnar a wonderful opportunity to earn a great living for many years and Brock chose to leave. He chose to leave, no one forced him out. I have no idea where his “Wrestlemania Moment” story came from but I could truly care less what history Lesnar cares to rewrite. I know I personally treated Brock Lesnar fairly and honestly and went far above the call of duty with him on more than one occasion no matter the “poor me” B.S. one sometimes hears. However, I do wish Brock well in his MMA career. but for some reason one could surmise that controversy may well follow the talented athlete there as well."

So its JR and Laurinaitus's fault that he botched a move?

Its not like they were asking to do something he had never done before.

Brock is stupid. Just think, he could have made a couple of million dollars as a top draw for WWE over the past couple of years.
Way more than he got for trying out for the Vikes and a fight against a tomato can.

I can't wait till he fights Mir.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody else think it's a little hypocritical of the WWE to have wrestlers on their website telling Britney Spears how to manage her life better?

WRESTLERS???

Come on!

So its JR and Laurinaitus's fault that he botched a move?

Its not like they were asking to do something he had never done before.

I don't know, it's really not that hard for me to believe that they pushed him to do it after he told them he hadn't done it in over a year and wasn't comfortable with it.

Ultimately though, it comes down to it being his decision.