OT - Attn. Wrestling Fans

yay we still have an x division.

yay angle won. that gives a hope that at destination x ppv(which ill be attending) joe will become champ and i'll see history

WWE has issued the following statement:

After a successful decade of "SmackDown" on both UPN and The CW, World Wrestling Entertainment and The CW have agreed to conclude our partnership. Since The CW's exclusive negotiation period ran out as of last Thursday, January 31, we have been contacted and have been in negotiations with other networks. "WWE SmackDown" will continue to air on The CW until the conclusion of the 2007-08 broadcast season. We are grateful to Les Moonves, Dawn Ostroff, and their entire organization for bringing "WWE SmackDown" to millions of viewers for so many years.

I wish the WWE consisted of Raw and ECW. Although I love the wrestlers, I get tired of seeing the same ones all the time, not that I really think that any new people would get a chance to wrestle if it was just down to 2 shows. But it might eliminate the chances of people getting injured if they weren't expected to wrestle at house shows and then live tapings.

Who am I kidding though?

- AAA would like to bring in Vickie Guerrero to induct Eddy Guerrero into the Mexican promotion's hall of fame, but of course, thats unlikely to happen, so AAA may pick one of Eddy's brothers to do the honors.

Highlander Rory McAlister suffered a complete pectoral tear (muscle was torn completely off the bone) and underwent surgery yesterday to repair the damage, reports the Pro Wrestling Insider. At this point, there is no time table on when he will be returning to action.

- Samoa Joe's current TNA contract will expire in June of this year. Joe signed a 3 year deal with TNA in 2005. He was offered a renewel in 2007 but rejected the deal. There is talk that Joe will get the TNA World Title soon but we will have to wait and see on that.

- Salinas and Christy Hemme are no longer being advertised for the New York house shows.

- ODB vs Awesome Kong in a street fight will take place at tonight's iMPACT! tapings in Orlando, FL.

- According to Mike Johnson, Jay Lethal's major push is scheduled to continue. His merchandise has been a top seller and he is scheduled to get more items soon.

- The future of the Marvel's TNA action figure line may be decided this weekend at Toy Fair. Marvel has shown intrest in the WWE line whith their contract with Jakks expiring in 2009.

- There is speculation that Vince McMahon vs Finlay may take place at Wrestlemania. Not only do recent storylines suggest this but Vince is said to be training really hard as of late.

- Jakks contract with WWE expires in 2009. Both Marvel Toys and Hasbro have shown intrest in the WWE line. WWE has wanted to drop Jakks for a while now so it is almost certain that a change will be made.

- Mike Johnson is reporting that Smackdown is likely to end up on MyNetworkTV this fall. The final episode of Smackdown on CW is scheduled for 9/12.

I was thinking the same thing last night. When Shawn clotheslined him when he pulled himself back into the ring, it looked like Jeff's head was about to come right off.

- Samoa Joe's current TNA contract will expire in June of this year. Joe signed a 3 year deal with TNA in 2005. He was offered a renewel in 2007 but rejected the deal. There is talk that Joe will get the TNA World Title soon but we will have to wait and see on that.

- Salinas and Christy Hemme are no longer being advertised for the New York house shows.

- ODB vs Awesome Kong in a street fight will take place at tonight's iMPACT! tapings in Orlando, FL.

- According to Mike Johnson, Jay Lethal's major push is scheduled to continue. His merchandise has been a top seller and he is scheduled to get more items soon.

- The future of the Marvel's TNA action figure line may be decided this weekend at Toy Fair. Marvel has shown intrest in the WWE line whith their contract with Jakks expiring in 2009.

joe will win the title at the ppv i'm going to. i know it

is Salinas no longer with TNA :cry:

The hall of fame selections for the class of 2008 are said to be close to being completed. At this point, Mae Young and Ric Flair are considered to be a lock. If WWE can get The Rock for the ceremony, Rocky Johnson and "High Chief" Peter Maivia are considered strong candidates. Dusty Rhodes is pushing for legendary announcer Gordon Solie to be inducted. I know Jim Ross has unsuccessfully pushed for Solie in the past.

(information from the Wrestling Observer Newsletter was used in this report)

I like the Rock but he should have to wait a while to get in, I think. Give it to some more old timers first.

By the way, what ever happened with the Rock. I stopped watching wrestling for a long time so I'm lost as to whethe he left on good terms or not.

And Stevie "hot stuff sizzle ass" Richards is back. lol Yeah I really do like watching wrestling because I like it but lets face it, for a chick, there are a LOT Of hot dudes. lol

- In regards to TNA adding another show devoted to the knockout division, at least at this point, nothing is imminent.

- About 90% of Impact is being written by Vince Russo. Dutch Mantel is largely in charge of the women's division, reports Dave Meltzer.

- "Bullet" Bob Armstrong wrestling at the Against All Odds PPV was considered a one-time deal.

- From what I understand, the WWE/OVW relationship is not totally over. WWE has cut ties with Ohio Valley Wrestling as a developmental group, but will still review their tapes and televisions shows, and send WWE talent for the bigger shows - and likely sign talent from Louisville to send to Florida Championship Wrestling in Tampa, FL. The main reason WWE ended its developmental relationship is due to the fact that most of WWE agent's live in Florida and they don't want to fly out of state on their days off.

Believe it or not, Stephanie McMahon actually fired creative writer Dave Lagana while he was on vacation. WWE sent out a one sentence e-mail to alert employees of the firing. In the past, there had been multiple complaints from others in the company about him. During the spring of 2006, some agents claimed he was a problem and there was a belief he may have been fired at that time. Instead, Lagana was demoted from head writer of Smackdown to head writer of ECW.

It is said that Dusty Rhodes was told ahead of time that Lagana would not be returning from his vacation. Rhodes requested not to be given the head writing job for ECW as he didn't want the extra workload and pressure of that position.

- According to reports ROH's last PPV "Undeniable" only had 19 total buys on all of Dish Network. As previously reported the PPV only did 36 buys in the entire country of Canada which has led to them no longer being shown there. ROH is likely to stop airing PPV's once the final two have aired.

- Due to cost cutting Daniel Puder and Joey Matthews are no longer going to be used. Tank Toland and several other talents will only be used in the area where they live so ROH doesn't have to pay to fly them in.