OT: The Official SPORTS Thread!

What can you say, people like winning. Why would I fork out $50-200 to go to a game to see my team lose all the time? I would wonder what the hell my money is paying for.

Now, if tickets were reduced price when a team is in a "rebuilding" year or has already thrown in the towel, I wouldn't mind so much. I could save admission costs and buy more beer, get drunk and rowdy, and really cheer the losers on. Maybe they'd start winning with more fan support like that.

I know what your talking about, but I HATE it when, for example, the Tigers make the playoffs and suddenly everyone, even the people who don't know what baseball is, are their biggest fans and have been for the past 10 years. Rather pathetic.

It's the end of the first quarter, in the opening round of the Pre-season cup, and my team the Saints are off to a flyer, 34-6!!! :kickass:

They're playing up in Cairns, and it's absolutely soaking with rain, 25 degrees Celsius and 90% humidity... :zombie:

But they're doing great, so yeah!

Oh come on. Even if you are a fan, you have to admit that he was on something when he hit 73 HRs. The previous year he had 49 or so. There is no way you can jump up that high and so suddenly.

He had 40 something the year before. And anyway it wasn't illegal then and everyone was doing it. He's not on it anymore.

Also, do the words "never failed a steroids test" mean anything? The test he failed this year wasn't even supposed to be made public.

He had 40 something the year before. And anyway it wasn't illegal then and everyone was doing it. He's not on it anymore.

Also, do the words "never failed a steroids test" mean anything? The test he failed this year wasn't even supposed to be made public.

It really doesn't matter if he is on steroids now; the bastard has already did his damage. He only needs, what, 26 more HRs to break the all time record? Did Babe Ruth use steroids? No. How about Hank Aaron? Nope. He's just a cheater who deserves to have all of his records and stats removed.

It really doesn't matter if he is on steroids now; the bastard has already did his damage. He only needs, what, 26 more HRs to break the all time record? Did Babe Ruth use steroids? No. How about Hank Aaron? Nope. He's just a cheater who deserves to have all of his records and stats removed.

Actually, steroids in one form or another has existed since the game began. There was never any "pure" baseball bullshit. They all did anything they could to gain an advantage.

I had a big huge response typed but UM crashed. fuck it.

Actually, steroids in one form or another has existed since the game began. There was never any "pure" baseball bullshit. They all did anything they could to gain an advantage.

I had a big huge response typed but UM crashed. fuck it.

Steroids weren't readily available back then. Maybe there were a few players that used steroids, but they were much harder to come by. Now any player can just go on the internet and order some.