Over-rated Bands

I'll agree with Opeth too.

I have no problem with your opinion and more that you think Orchid is their most interesting material which is strange to me. I honestly do not think you have heard much from the band.

I have no problem with your opinion and more that you think Orchid is their most interesting material which is strange to me. I honestly do not think you have heard much from the band.

I've had their entire discography on my computer for over a year, and I've listened to each album at least a few times each.

Most brutal DM and blasting BM I've heard.
From the classic/respected bands these do nothing for me
Obituary
Deicide
Cryptopsy
Suffocation
Sepultura
Master
Mayhem
Krieg
Demoncy
Hypocrisy
Sinister
Demilich
Morpheus Descends
Carnage
Antaeus
Absu
Beherit
Deeds of Flesh
Mutiilation

Children of Bodom
Demilich
Arcturus-BIG letdown.
Opeth

i dunno about cannibal corpse tho, they are a pretty good band. and they were one of the first for that gore-metal thing, so i think they are pretty good.

Dream Theatre-Big egos, good musicians, shitty songs

I'm gonna monitor this thread, just FYI...stuff like this never really goes anywhere before turning into a flamewar, so yeah...it's ALRIGHT so far (relatively speaking...).

Soilwork is real bad uber melodic "death" metal and Acid Bath is just gay.

I get what you mean there. I don't even mention Soilwork (one of my favorite bands) when I talk about melodic death metal, because a lot of their songs lack death metal influences.

Well they are two entirely different bands so...

So what? Are you one of those people who is going to claim that "you can't compare those two bands"?

judging by the bands people have been posting, you seriously need to stop saying a band sucks because you listened to one fucking song or album, to say bands like sepultura and slayer suck is just complete fucking ignorance so please go out and actually listen to everything they have to offer before you judge them

yeah i respect many bands,even if i dont listen to them.i try to not be a naive,arrogant fuck when it comes to music. but i do however listen to alot of a bands material before dissing them.