Over-rated Bands

Deathspell Omega

im not trying to bash them as the two i heard were well executed, but hardly worthy of the accolades constantly thrown upon the band.

yeah i dunno about arch enemy either. i dont really like any of it.if theres anything u shuld listen to with michael ammott, it would be carcass. but most likely more carcass when he wasn't in the band

the thing with Arch Enemy is they were worlds better with Johan. He absolutely destroys Angela in every single way, plus the music they wrote during his era was worlds better than the shit since her joining the band, save Wages of Sin which I think is an awesome album, but was written before she joined.

Burning Bridges, Black Earth and Stigmata all kick ass. Burning Bridges is up there for one of the greatest collection of riffs on a death metal album of all time IMO. Songs like Silverwing and Angel Claw are just awesome.

the thing with Arch Enemy is they were worlds better with Johan. He absolutely destroys Angela in every single way, plus the music they wrote during his era was worlds better than the shit since her joining the band, save Wages of Sin which I think is an awesome album, but was written before she joined.

Burning Bridges, Black Earth and Stigmata all kick ass. Burning Bridges is up there for one of the greatest collection of riffs on a death metal album of all time IMO. Songs like Silverwing and Angel Claw are just awesome.

Agreed. :)

Carcass did release Necroticism with Amott in the band, so there's reason enough to respect the guy.

Nowadays, his best stuff is saved for Spiritual Beggars.

I think that despised icon, the faceless and those stupid deathcore bands are all shit (except beneath the massacre).

I also think mutilation is really overrated as well, I mean the drums just sound so weak and flat and the production is just a bit too much for me to handle. :Smug: