Over-rated Bands

haha yeah dude^^^ sure, mayyyybe korn "invented" the nu-metal style, but either way.they didn't. it all spawned from like anthrax+Public Enemy, and living Color. well thats my opinion. fuck nu-metal and al its bands, stupid sub-genres of it,and all the people who "love it.

The ones with stars next to them are the ones I actually don't like. The rest I like but I find overrated:

Suffocation*
Nile*
1349*
Testament
Behemoth
Mayhem
Morbid Angel
Deeds Of Flesh*
Zyklon*
Enslaved

I just like Korn for the vocals and the lock-step grind of the two guitars... I mean the bass is pretty cool with the snap and pop but its not my style, same with the drums.

I got right into the first two Korn albums when they came out. They were just so damn heavy. The hugeness of the bass appealed to me greatly. I lost interest pretty quickly after Follow The Leader came out though. Not to mention the three billion copy bands and the whole nu-metal fadness of it all.

I wish I could get my guitar to sound heavy like korns. If I just had like 20 grand(maybe more).

You aren't gonna find a lot of people who like KoRn on these forums because KoRn actually gets old on you after at the least a year.

This is a metal forum and Korn are not metal so I did not expect to find people that like them. Just saying out of all the Nu Metal bands they were the only ones I like and still like, its a personal choice and not a recommendation.

You just put Acid Bath in the same category as some of the shittiest bands ever. I hate you

Edit: actually i can stand Children of Bodom's earlier stuff.

sorry, not my cup of tea. maybe they should just get it over with and open for Alterbridge or something.

I have to admit, during my 'innocent' elementary school days (about 10yrs ago) I actually listened to Korn. Any respect I had for this band is long gone - they are completely money-driven sell-outs. They are the only band I have ever listened to that I would accurately use that term to describe (most often accusations are just asinine).

And I really don't understand why people use the whole nu-metal term? It's not metal to begin with, just a ridiculous term used by mainstream media to described what they thought was "modern metal." Any mention of Linkin Park, Papa Roach or Limp Bizkit, alongside Metal makes me sick. :erk:

I like Gothenburg but they still do get a bit over-rated sometimes.

I agree because there is a lot of clone bands that sound the same, this goes with any genre though. I respect innovators in a genre. I think you don't really have to embrace genres/styles just the bands that have their own sound and do something different that are better.