Own Pictures

I've heard in France you'll get your glasses at the same day!

You guys dont get em the same day? Place I go...i walk in.take about 45min to do the exam. Stumble over next door because I'm blind as a bat from the eyedrops,pick out my lenses...and depending how busy they are,walk out in 1-3hrs with a new pair of glasses.

depends what you need exactly, also whether they make their lenses in house or order them....if you look in dollar stores you can find reading glasses in progressive prescriptions...most ppl I know aren't that cheap though :lol:

I have perfect vision so I don't know about this, but i think that's true.. unless you have a very specific vision problem, I think people just go to an "optical shop" or whatever you call it in english, talk to the optician (?) about what kind of eye problem you have and he shows you corresponding glasses.. you try them on, and pick the one which suits your vision and taste. Simple as that.

i wouldn't know as well! a french girl told me so!

You guys dont get em the same day? Place I go...i walk in.take about 45min to do the exam. Stumble over next door because I'm blind as a bat from the eyedrops,pick out my lenses...and depending how busy they are,walk out in 1-3hrs with a new pair of glasses.

it's a big deal over here, i had to give my health card number, take an advanced appointment and shit!

depends what you need exactly, also whether they make their lenses in house or order them....if you look in dollar stores you can find reading glasses in progressive prescriptions...most ppl I know aren't that cheap though :lol:

i always thought those dollar store glasses were the frames only? then you had to get your own lenses

is your gf pregnant?

also welcome back!

You are officially the best poster in this forum. God damn man, I lol'd so hard.

For the record, I think the other dude's girl is pretty.

About getting your eyes checked... I'm from the US and have glasses and over here you need to get a prescription from a doctor first. Then you bring the prescription to an eyeglasses shop and they will set up your frames/lenses. This takes a while because they have to order the lenses. At least that's how it works with me.

i always thought those dollar store glasses were the frames only? then you had to get your own lenses

well it probably depends on your dollar store, but they have lenses made to arbitrary prescriptions in some of them....I doubt that they're right on for most people though

well it probably depends on your dollar store, but they have lenses made to arbitrary prescriptions in some of them....I doubt that they're right on for most people though

I think I know what you mean. In Europe at least, those "default" glasses are normally only good for older people with "tired eyesight". They are just slight magnifiers.

If you've got another problem, you have to go to an opticians and have your prescritpion lenses made to order. And in the UK that is damn expensive. The last time I had mine upgraded, I shopped around until I found a place that would do lenses for £60 - £30 for the lenses, and another £30 for the anti-reflective coating! . They took over a week, and I only got that price because I was bringing my own frame. :erk:

I don't know if that's a lot or a little, but the last time I had glasses made was when I was in university in Barcelona, and I got 40% off the price for being a student, so I had the frame and the lenses for more or less the price I bought the lenses here.

My back ups i got for € 30, since the store was moving and was having a sale. My other ones were € 170, 30 for the frame, 70 per lens, they are scratch-resistant, de-mirrored and the shade in the sun.

I hate spending a lot of money on my glasses cos they always end up getting massacred no matter how supposedly bend proof/scratch proof/bomb proof theyre supposed to be...for that reason I'm now exploring the contact lens route :lol:

I've gone through glasses a lot as well until I got the Flexons that I have now. So far they've withstood the fall of time.

Thinking about contacts though. Hmmm...

Pretty much only times I've ever messed up my glasses bad enough to not really use them any more has been on metal festivals, I tend to take good care of them since I can't really see shit without them.
I fell down a hole once when it was dark oustide and I wasn't wearing my glasses for whatever reason, and I was sober even!

Think it was WOA 2005 when I found my glasses underneath my airbed in my tent, they were very flat and hard to use after that...

Now every time I go to a fetsival I take my older spare glasses, I might see a bit worse with them on, but then again, if I do fuck them up it's not my every day glasses that are lost.

Think my last pair set me back some 400 euro, nothing you can cough up a few times a year.

As for getting them -
If you have serious issues as I do, you need to have them specially manufactured, also cut to fit the specific frames you want, usually you'll wait 2 to 4 weeks after your eye exam and picking your frames.

I'd like to see the store that has a pair of glasses with my exact vision on them ready to go.

Dude, that's demented. What do you do with them??? :OMG::OMG:

once i went to the sea with my glasses on (forgot about them), walked in a wave hit me, got up without them

a lot of metal shows,

umm once i sat on one accidentally

a lot of stuff happens!

Pretty much only times I've ever messed up my glasses bad enough to not really use them any more has been on metal festivals, I tend to take good care of them since I can't really see shit without them.
I fell down a hole once when it was dark oustide and I wasn't wearing my glasses for whatever reason, and I was sober even!

Think it was WOA 2005 when I found my glasses underneath my airbed in my tent, they were very flat and hard to use after that...

Now every time I go to a fetsival I take my older spare glasses, I might see a bit worse with them on, but then again, if I do fuck them up it's not my every day glasses that are lost.

Think my last pair set me back some 400 euro, nothing you can cough up a few times a year.

As for getting them -
If you have serious issues as I do, you need to have them specially manufactured, also cut to fit the specific frames you want, usually you'll wait 2 to 4 weeks after your eye exam and picking your frames.

I'd like to see the store that has a pair of glasses with my exact vision on them ready to go.

that would be really hard, cause one of my eyes is better than the other! which fucks up the chances to find the exact vision!

My left eye is kinda fucked up and they told me I would be very uncomfortable with a contact lense in that eye...but after a couple weeks, just enough time to get used to putting my finger in my eye the "normal" eye is actually harder to get in and more uncomfortable XD

and my glasses are always bent and crooked for various reasons...it doesnt help that one of my ears is lower :p