Oxford compiles list of top ten irritating phrases

Speaking of racism, what's with black people who say "it's" instead of "there's", as in "I'm going to the store because it's nothing in the fridge"? I can understand a truncated word here and there, but at least fucking use the correct word.

I think what you're catching is the "s" or "es" at the end of "there is" "der's" or "dey's" from people to lazy to mouth the whole word and instead just make the final sound leaving you to fill in the blanks. Which is fine if you're black, but if you're white you're left wondering "did he say it's or is or what"?

there's a lot of black people where I live, so I catch these things.

We should bring back the phrase 'to wit'. I always see it when I read David Hume and it's awesome.

This movement has my full support, as I'm also quite fond of it. I even used it in a paper on Hume once for my own amusement, and luckily it amused the professor as well.

I think what you're catching is the "s" or "es" at the end of "there is" "der's" or "dey's" from people to lazy to mouth the whole word and instead just make the final sound leaving you to fill in the blanks. Which is fine if you're black, but if you're white you're left wondering "did he say it's or is or what"?

there's a lot of black people where I live, so I catch these things.

I really don't think so. It distinctly sounds like "it" - there's no hint of a consonant at the beginning, and the "t" sound is pretty strong.

I can't stand it when people say:

"Nuff' said" (ok, maybe in your world)

"___ isn't the BEST [place descriptive here], but.." for example 'he isn't the best guitarist to ever live, but..' (wtf? What IS 'the best' ? And how does that starting place lay out a good margin for everyone else to judge whatever the subject is?)

"thank you much"

I don't know if it has something to do with the area I work in but no one ever inserts a "very" into there or just excludes everything after the you, and it is fucken annoying.

A guy in a band I used to play in always said "point in case" instead of "case in point". I called him out on it several times but he kept doing it. He also said "fustrated" instead of "frustrated". He was also a shit guitarist. I came very close to stabbing him.

irregardless
"try and" when it should be "try to"
i could care less
"are you trying to hang out" instead of "do you want to hang out with me"
anyways

Andy, what r's do you not pronounce? :lol:

English is my foreign language, I still make some grammatical errors. So I assume that you have no respect for not properly speaking native speakers.:err:

What I mean is that I still can make some errors and not be aware of it which is common for foreign speakers.

It really only bothers me if the person using double negatives speaks English as a first language.

Today someone asked me:

"You don't got no lunch today?"

The usage of "got" in this case also bothers me...

I use double negatives quite a bit in my day to day speech. I don't really know why. I guess maybe it's a mexicunt thing.