Oxford compiles list of top ten irritating phrases

I often find the usage of "erstwhile" incredibly amusing, especially when in used in critiquing an album. It just seems so out of place, and typical of a wannabe-pretentious writers who are trying too hard to impress.

I laughed at "are you trying to hang out?". Do people actually say this often?:lol:
:lol:
It was a fairly common phrase among my friends back in high school, and I've certainly heard it a number of times here at college (a couple states away from my high school - so it's not a geographic thing).
That being said, one time I used it (basically to amuse myself) and the chick totally misunderstood me lol

Also, "whilst" is badass imo

cookie: It's "part and parcel", which basically means that something is an integral or essential part of something else.
Thank you. That makes more sense.

:lol:
It was a fairly common phrase among my friends back in high school, and I've certainly heard it a number of times here at college (a couple states away from my high school - so it's not a geographic thing).
That being said, one time I used it (basically to amuse myself) and the chick totally misunderstood me lol

Also, "whilst" is badass imo
I know a girl from Richmond who says "hey kids" as a greeting (as opposed to "hey guys" or something similar). Is that a VA thing or is she just uniquely annoying?

Thank you. That makes more sense.

I know a girl from Richmond who says "hey kids" as a greeting (as opposed to "hey guys" or something similar). Is that a VA thing or is she just uniquely annoying?
She's "fairly unique," "to say the least."

In seriousness, no, it's not a VA thing, AFAIK. I've only heard a couple people say that and it wasn't regular, iirc.

Now that I think about it, I know a girl from Richmond, and I can easily imagine her saying "hey kids." Perhaps it's a Richmond thing.

It's funny, for a lot of Hispanics for which English is their second language, they have a problem with words that start with "S". They tend to put an "E" in front. Sacred = escared, etc.

That's because there is a shitload of words that start with "es" in espanol, and very few which start with only "s".

log base of 3 raised to the (x-1)2 where x is the sum of two numbers where one of the numbers is less than 1 but not equal to 0 and the other is the cube of 3