Pantera

swizzlenuts

i'm sciencing as fast as i can
Apr 21, 2003
Arkham
What are you stances on Pantera? I personally don't like thier music and I am tired of all the People who say Dimebag was the best metal guitarist ever.

I dont understand how people can say he wrote the best metal songs.... i personally think his riffs get old after one minute of repeitition....

Your thoughts?

There is nothing. No education. No family life to open my
Arms to. You'd say that my job is today, yet gone tomorrow.
I'll be broke in a gutter.
I know the opinion. A broken record. Fuck you and your
College dream. Fact is, we're stronger than all.
You're working for perfect bodies, perfect minds and perfect
Neighbors. But I'm helping to legalize dope on
Your pristine streets and I'm making a fortune.
You're muscle and gall. Naive at best. I'm bone, brain and
Cock. Deep down stronger than all!!

swizzlenuts said:
What are you stances on Pantera? I personally don't like thier music and I am tired of all the People who say Dimebag was the best metal guitarist ever.

I dont understand how people can say he wrote the best metal songs.... i personally think his riffs get old after one minute of repeitition....

Your thoughts?
They were good in their time.... I agree with some of the stuff you said about Dimebag not being the best guitarist ever, but he and Pantera deserves to be respected for what they contributed aswell.

I would have to say that they get too much credit. As far as dimebag is concerned, however, he kicks all different forms of ass!

I pretty much despise them, although I find the odd tune (like Domination, Cemetary Gates, etc.) listenable enough. I hate the sheer shit groove to so many of their riffs, epitomised ultimately in Walk. If this is what 'southern-rock' is about, then I'm glad I don't live in the South. Of America.

Not to mention their role in inspiring countless waves of shitty nu metal bands and fans. Yes, Dimebag was no doubt good at what he did, but come on how many people would be calling him the best ever if he wasn't dead? Sorry but it's true.

Live, great band - usually...it depended on how many drugs Phil was consuming.

Dimebag: great guitar player, but there are countless classical guitar players that are leaps and bounds above him.

Songwriting: they peaked at Vulgar Display of Power, in my opinion. After that, they kind of got stuck in a rut, though their live shows were still worth attending.

i love pantera. they were one of the first metal bands i got into (when vulgar came out).

i think Power Metal is one of their best albums though.

ON SEXUAL “FINISHING MOVES”

Mine happens to be “The Hammer.” It have been asked, “Do you always employ The Hammer? What if your partner requires a softer tact?” And my answer: “I do no not stray from The Hammer. If she desires satisfaction, I suggest she condition herself to be satisfied by The Hammer.”

I take my inspiration from Satan. He is an “Eye to Eye Soul-Suck” man, without fail.