The demise of Pantera

Really? Cool! Or...hot, I guess.

I've been wondering something. A lot of guys on the board are from European countries where English isn't the first language. Isn't a chore to have to post in English almost all the time?

anonymousnick2001 said:
Really? Cool! Or...hot, I guess.

I've been wondering something. A lot of guys on the board are from European countries where English isn't the first language. Isn't a chore to have to post in English almost all the time?
I can write it and speak English just as well as I can write and speak Norwegian.

That's cool. Wouldn't you rather post it in Norwegian, though?

If Bengali was still my first language, I'd rather post in that...although the alphabet transfer protocols would be a bitch to work with.

That's interesting. I guess it would be. Each language has it's own little quirk that can only be expressed in that language and no other.

We totally pillaged and raped this thread. Thread pirates forver!!!

Some sentences in Norwegian can be written dozens of ways and still be correct, but it's an easy language. And we really got two slightly different written languages.

i love pantera, from cfh to rts, i never heard "power metal" but i love all of panteras stuff, i mean i think phil might have been more of a brother in the band then some figuritive "father-figure" that ruled everyone in the early to mid 90s, but at some time he just became so in love with him self that it just ruined the man.

I could tell that Phil was an egotistical bastard from things he had said in other interviews in the past. His ego is through the roof. But I do like Pantera. I have Reinventing The Steel and Far Beyond Driven and they are both good CDs. Not great, but definitely pretty good.

anonymousnick2001 said:
I'm not crazy...just a little unwell. I know right now you can't tell, but wait a while...

Then you'll see a different side of me. Heeheeheehee!
nice Matchbox 20 reference there haha :lol: anyway yea I'm pretty sure Phil will die from another OD sometime soon (or let's hope it's soon anyway). Makes me sad to see some of the followers he's making at some of his shows because of the 'I am the fuckin shit mother fucker' attitude he takes. If he dies soon, all the better for me. One less egotistical dumbass in the world... I don't wish it on him, but if it happens, hey GREAT!

has anyone heard the suppossed "first" cd that they made, i dont know i heard some blurb about it on my digital metal network and i aint got no idea as to what the fuck they are talking about, just tell me if you know about it i heard that it might be some stupid hair metal bull shit, i heard they used to be all hyped up on spandex and shit, maybe that was before they foremd the band that is actually known as pantera but w/e i still think hair metal get up and the fashion shit that follows it is hilarious, although bands like motely crue are cool

hmm... nope never heard that. The history of Pantera is on their website last time I checked and there was no supposed 'first album of hair metal'. Besides which no pictures of them were taken of them in spandex & stuff. I seriously doubt that was Pantera you heard about because they started out where I am, in Texas, and my friend Tom said he saw a few of their gigs before they ever got a record deal and they were not hair metal. Pretty sure that clears up that mystery.