The demise of Pantera

yep, SJR is ok stuff. nothing to brag about, but ok. Sounds alot like the band has jsut random energy to get rid of through their music. and look at the name - Super Joint Ritual

It sounds like an African drug scandal or something, i dunno. Super Joint. what is that? a 3-inch, 2 foot long blunt? Super Joint Ritual = a traditional service performed between men smoking 3-inch, 2 foot blunts. haha that's one of the funniest names I've seen on a band.

NocturnalSun said:
yep, SJR is ok stuff. nothing to brag about, but ok. Sounds alot like the band has jsut random energy to get rid of through their music. and look at the name - Super Joint Ritual

It sounds like an African drug scandal or something, i dunno. Super Joint. what is that? a 3-inch, 2 foot long blunt? Super Joint Ritual = a traditional service performed between men smoking 3-inch, 2 foot blunts. haha that's one of the funniest names I've seen on a band.

I've always thought the name was interesting... there must've been something behind the scenes that inspired it, but your take is a good one. :tickled: Has anyone seen their dvd? Thoroughly enjoyable.

NocturnalSun said:
Phil: "You know, it's like... it makes me really wonder what kind of ego...and what the fuck did I do to fuckin' Elektra Records except deliver a platinum fuckin' record every fucking time.

mmmm this guy obviously has some ego. He is the one that delivered the platinum records? and dimebag, vinnie and rex did nothing? they were just props it seems like. I say good riddance .......

Their latest, A Lethal Dose Of American Hatred is great at what it sets out to be, effective by all means. Not for pussies.
Yeah. My ass *rolleyes*. Do you think they're extreme and awesome? Superjoint Ritual is like Pantera's The Great Southern Trendkill but a lot shittier. The last Superjoint Ritual album sucks but their new one is even shittier. Anselmo sounds like he's dying.

MetallicaSux said:
mmmm this guy obviously has some ego. He is the one that delivered the platinum records? and dimebag, vinnie and rex did nothing? they were just props it seems like. I say good riddance .......

It seems to me a lot of people like to speak as an authority before they know the facts...

He was referring to Down, not Pantera. Down is signed to Elektra, not Pantera. Pantera was Atco/Atlantic.

MURAI said:
Yeah. My ass *rolleyes*. Do you think they're extreme and awesome? Superjoint Ritual is like Pantera's The Great Southern Trendkill but a lot shittier. The last Superjoint Ritual album sucks but their new one is even shittier. Anselmo sounds like he's dying.

I think that was the whole point... to take it back underground. At any rate SJR are way better than Pantera since far Beyond Driven.

I take it you don't listen to Eyehategod, Dead Horse, Black Flag, stuff of a crusty, sludgy nature.

Man, check your pulse, I think you might be dead already.

Hank Williams III is Cliff Burton reincarnated!!!

hank III owns, i love the guy, got to talk to him a little bit in norfolk va and got a signature and he is just an animal on stage, i really love sjr, alli have is their two recent releases, people are talking about older stuff, anyone know where i can get some of it?

No. Superjoint Ritual sucks compared to Down and Pantera's work. And yes I do listen and I dig some sludgecore metal like Crowbar, Eyehategod and Soilent Green.